Harley-Davidson Limited Time Rebate On Road Tech Zūmo GPS

Harley offers a limited time rebate, a value up to $90, to customers who buy a Road Tech  Zūmo models 660 or 665 GPS Navigator between today and December 31, 2011. To claim the rebate, you must go to your Harley dealer to get the necessary form. The zumo 660 and 665 can be used as an in-car navigator. Each comes with a mounting cradle with integrated power cable, carrying case, dust cover for motorcycle mount, battery pack, charger, automotive suction cup mount and power cable, and a USB cable.

Motorcycle installation requires customers to purchase separately a handlebar or fairing mount kit for their specific Harley-Davidson model. Customers are being instructed to see an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer for fitment details.

The Road Tech zūmo 660 GPS Navigator ($649.95) is waterproof, withstands vibration and has a glove-friendly, 4.3-inch touchscreen with a UV-resistant display that can be viewed in direct sunlight. City Navigator NT street maps and points of interest, such as Harley-Davidson dealers, motels, restaurants, fuel and ATMs, along with turn-by-turn directions with voice prompts, are already loaded into the system. Its integrated SD card slot supports an MP3 player, audio book player and picture viewer; stereo Bluetooth A2DP Technology can be used to listen to music or make hands-free calls. The Road Tech zūmo 660 is compatible with Harley-Davidson’s online Ride Planner.

The Road Tech zūmo 665 GPS Navigator ($799.95) adds SiriusXM  satellite radio capability and an XM antenna. Users can add an optional subscription to SiriusXM NavWeather to access weather data and weather radar graphics from the map screen, and to SiriusXM NavTraffic, which monitors traffic trouble spots and offers routes around them.

9 Responses to “Harley-Davidson Limited Time Rebate On Road Tech Zūmo GPS”

1. 1 Matt Nov 15th, 2011 at 9:57 am

Harley “saving” customers money!? Now this is a new trend I would like to see more of =).

2. 2 Toby Nov 15th, 2011 at 11:07 am

At $650 and $800 before discount, the prices of these units are still way above other GPS units. Even for HD, these prices are pretty high. OK, you do get the icon of the little motorcycle and a quick menu to all the HD dealers (something you can add to most Garmin units), but the HD Zumo units are virtually identical to what you can get a BestBuy for $300 that also includes XM weather, not to mention the less expensive units for under $100 or the dozens of GPS phone apps…

3. 3 1550tc Nov 15th, 2011 at 11:41 am

Does the The $40 fairing mounting hardware is worth it though and can be modified for most GPS units.

any idea if it works on the newer 5 inch screen

4. 4 ImagineThat Nov 15th, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Got to agree with Toby why would you spend 3x as much ? Because it says HD and has a bar and shield? If I was to by a Garmin I would by it elsewhere and put those hundreds to use elsewhere . How can the company justify 300% over retail just because it has there name? A $25 mount doesn’t really justify the extra cost either.

5. 5 rob Nov 15th, 2011 at 5:21 pm

After 35 years of riding,i just got a windshield 5 years ago.Gps on a bike? do i have to add speakers? Too mcch tech……………..

6. 6 Gas Man Nov 15th, 2011 at 7:56 pm

I have a 660 and there are many differences. It is set to handle the vibrations from the bikes, it’s waterproof, it can also sense your finger thru gloves. It comes with a harness to wire it directly to your bike’s power and input to the radio. It comes with a 112V house charger, 12V car charger, car suction cup mount, the motorcycle cradle, a carrying case, and a few other items. But the other big one is the pc software (Map Source) that allows you to preplot your trip and then download to the GPS.

I resisted buying a GPS for years, but I love this thing. It has found me so many great places.

Further, the HD unit is the same price and has the same pieces as the BMW unit.

7. 7 Paul Nov 15th, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Not to knock the specific to bike GPS brands… If I had the coin I would p/u a Garmin Zumo
    But being what I have. Cheap Garmin $ 100…. Works good enough to get me back home and has went through stormy weather and vibrations and the sucker still works..
    lare is the only issue I get.. But for the coin… I can deal with it. Its not like I’m freaking staring at the sucker all the time.

8. 8 Olive Oil Nov 16th, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Been using a Garmin from Best Buy for years. Works great and gets me to where I want to go. Starts raining, just throw a condom over the damn thing and it is waterproof. Zumo overpriced.

9. 9 sfcacique Dec 26th, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Harley “Road Tech” and Garmin Zumo both have the same list price. Harley used to be over $300 more, but I guess they became realistic. The Zumo units do have substantial additional environmental (weather and vibration) protection, and also have different mounting systems. I have used Garmins in the car(s) for years, and would not suggest continual usage of the Nuvi models on a bike. The Harley/Road Tech model also can integrate easier into the Harley radio systems with the Navigation Interface Module (NIM). There’s quite a bit of lore out there on integration also.

Crusher