Show Me Your Office. Jesse James.

With Jesse, I start a new series called “Show Me Your Office” Simply because I know that most of you wonder how it looks and feels to be in the office of the movers and shakers of the industry. You will be surprised or not. But if you are, I can tell you for sure that all offices of  my fellow custom builders, painters, part vendors, engravers, photographs, moto journalists, etc are a pure reflection of their deep personality. A personality that you should have been able to apprehend through their work. If not, just look at the pictures, furniture, memorabilia, sticker statements, etc and learn more about your favorite person of the custom motorcycle industry.

Not surprisingly, Jesse has several desks. His toolboxes. So, he is always only a few steps away from his lifts and machines. In addition to the necessary music equipment (via a Classic iPod and a pair of speakers) to color mood each step of a custom build, a collection of stickers with “philosophical” statements, pictures of his best friends, black & white pinup posters, Virgin Mary effigies and statues, a lot of souvenirs from around the world whose significance can only be explained by Jesse …if he wants to explain to you.

What you may not know is that Jesse James enjoys a couple of cigars every day. He has also been seen puffing pipe. Yep, it’s there on the “desk.” Via his blackberry and Apple iPad Jesse is permanently in contact with the rest of the world, and as a matter of fact, from wake up to sleep, is a heavy broadband user, Twittering and FaceBooking all day long his mood, pictures of his work in progress, of his kids, of his races, of his dogs, of everything of interest for him and for you. Occasionally he will also Ping on iTunes his social network followers about songs he listens to at the shop and recommends.

Breaking News: By the way, as I previously announced, Jesse James confirmed to me his return to TV where he will star in “The Jesse James Project” a special for Discovery Channel set to air Monday, April 9, 2012 at 10 p.m et/ 9 p.m. central time. This show will be used by the Discovery Channel as a pilot to green light a complete series. After agreeing to compete against American Chopper Paul Teutul Jr. and Paul Teutul Sr. on Discovery’s live special “American Chopper. The Build-Off”, cameras have followed Jesse and his new Austin, TX crew as they rebuilt in one month a 1932 Ford Roadster. Today I will not tell you more, but you can get a sneak preview of his new TV show during next Wednesday March 28, 2012 Discovery “Sons of Guns” (9 p.m. e/p) in which he makes a guest appearance. (picture James @ Mitchell Haaseth/NBC. All others @Cyril Huze)

50 Responses to “Show Me Your Office. Jesse James.”

1. 1 Shifter Mar 25th, 2012 at 8:40 am

Great messy desk.

2. 2 Larry Mar 25th, 2012 at 8:44 am

Looks like him, going in all directions for the best and worst.

3. 3 PanMan49 Mar 25th, 2012 at 8:46 am

I doubt that Jesse Janes has no separate office where he can isolate himself.

4. 4 Kelley Mar 25th, 2012 at 8:49 am

Jesse James a tech junkie? It’s news to me..

5. 5 Rods Mar 25th, 2012 at 8:58 am

Will be interesting to watch the Austin Speed Shop at work with Jesse. Can’t wait to see what they did to a 32 Ford Roadster.

6. 6 John E Adams Mar 25th, 2012 at 9:14 am

Very cool, look forward to more of these Cyril, nice kick off with Jesse.

7. 7 Dyno Mar 25th, 2012 at 9:15 am

It’s gonna be a great series. Curious to see more.

8. 8 Drake Mar 25th, 2012 at 11:03 am

Great idea, Cyril. We all want to see how it looks from inside. Next the bedroom? 🙂 You & Jesse know how to manage your publicity and it’s always interesting or at least entertaining.

9. 9 PHr0sT Mar 25th, 2012 at 12:04 pm

..he still got his a$$ handed to him in Vegas by – lmao – Paul Jr..

10. 10 MySerialThrilla Mar 25th, 2012 at 12:16 pm

LOVE THIS!! I can’t even count how many times I was laughed @ for believing personal replies were really from J!! I sensed the whole time it was truly him. ;D

11. 11 NutCracker Mar 25th, 2012 at 4:58 pm

I recall Cyril’s article about Jesse selling his gaudy pimped-out mac tool box on eBay. It’ll be interesting to see what he’s torquing with nowadays.

12. 12 DJ Mar 25th, 2012 at 6:39 pm

I am affraid to look too deep.. I haved already seen him in an NPR t-shirt… That was strike 1- I don’t want to find a reason to hate him

13. 13 ChuckC Mar 25th, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Hey, Cyril, why don’t you show us YOUR office?

14. 14 badams Mar 25th, 2012 at 9:03 pm

He’s busy having fun for sure based on everything coming together and going in different directions at once.

15. 15 courtney Mar 25th, 2012 at 10:12 pm

A Jesse James version of a ’32 Roadster? Let’s see: A flaming paint job; a skull hood ornament; and seats so low he has to drive with his head hanging out the side window….

16. 16 tim Mar 25th, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Awesome JJ cant wait #54 all the way

17. 17 Marty Mar 25th, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Love where the zero is on the dial calipers!

18. 18 Jason Hallman Mar 26th, 2012 at 6:15 am

Cool…so who is next? Is this a monthly or weekly thing?

19. 19 Zipper Mar 26th, 2012 at 6:22 am

Courtney said it all. ..Z

20. 20 Oldude Mar 26th, 2012 at 6:47 am

Who cares!

21. 21 Chris Van Dine Mar 26th, 2012 at 6:52 am

Olddude. Apparently a lot of people. It’s entertainment. You’re too old.

22. 22 B. Thompson Mar 26th, 2012 at 6:54 am

Standing up at the desk. Sitted at the lift?

23. 23 Oldude Mar 26th, 2012 at 7:27 am

Please spell my nickname correctly and you are correct, some folks are easily entertained.

24. 24 LC Fab Mar 26th, 2012 at 8:39 am

hmmm, perhaps all good guys are Sabina Kelley fans

25. 25 Ken Mar 26th, 2012 at 8:40 am

Good to hear! Can’t wait

26. 26 Big Dan Mar 26th, 2012 at 8:47 am

That is one well-staged mess.

27. 27 Kroeter Mar 26th, 2012 at 9:15 am

I’m with Oldude. But to see the layout of an entire shop, that would be cool.

28. 28 Tom Mar 26th, 2012 at 9:39 am

Cool. ‘,’.’

29. 29 hoyt Mar 26th, 2012 at 11:42 am

@DJ – “afraid to look too deep” – any character worth an interest has many layers. Besides one’s bullshit detector doesn’t have to run as hard when listening to NPR than “Faux” News

30. 30 Terry Mar 26th, 2012 at 12:26 pm

“Show me your office”? Really? I got $100 that says you never publish another article about any other “mover or shaker” in the industry. Seemed like it was more of a Promotional deal for JJ and his new TV show. You should really call it what it is Cyril. Writing crap like this, trying to cover up what your really pushing makes you look like an Idiot. While the staged pictures of all JJ’s crap was interesting enough to look at, it just lacked. Nice try!

31. 31 Cyril Huze Mar 26th, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Terry. It’s you looking like an idiot because. 1- I am going to publish several other offices. 2- Pictures are already in my computer (those about to be published must smile at you) 3- You lost $100 in your bet because next publication is on this coming Sunday. Regarding announcing Jesse’s next show, it’s because he told me about it at the same time I was about to publish. And why would I need a pretext to talk about it? And to conclude, you can consider all my articles as promotional because I publish about parts, people, bikes, events, etc. For the $100 you just lost, check or credit card?

32. 32 Random Mar 26th, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Terry must prefer Paul Junior. That’s it!

33. 33 Tony Mar 26th, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Terry, cough it up. Check or Credit card?

34. 34 barbwire cycles Mar 26th, 2012 at 3:53 pm

man J.J. i bet a bad MOFO gave u that FUCKYOU sticker.

35. 35 Knucklehead Mar 26th, 2012 at 4:46 pm

And your office reflects??????

36. 36 Jeff Nicklus Mar 26th, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Yo Terry,

Least you forget Cyril knows who you really are and how to contact you …. my advice would be for you to mail him the Franklin ASAP before he has to send some of “The Boys” out to collect it. LOL!

Over & Out,

Jeff

PS: Cyril, all these years of knowing you and I have never seen your desk …. time has come my friend! Let’s see it! JN

37. 37 David Mar 26th, 2012 at 5:11 pm

There you go to those paying any attention…Living your lives through the explotations of someone else. Do you really have to be yourself by being someone else or injecting thier personna into your life. Why does it matter what Jesse James Office looks like or whats on his desk. Get over it and get on with your own business and leave other people alone.

SSDD;David

38. 38 bigalyts Mar 26th, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Fuck the outside and Top of the Desk, lets see what is inside the Desk!

39. 39 DJ Mar 26th, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Hoyt and Terry are officially tied for idiot of the decade award. They make a good case for genocide

40. 40 Zipper Mar 26th, 2012 at 8:44 pm

A TV show featuring OLDUDE would be way more exciting than anything JJ ever did or will do. ..Z

41. 41 Steve Carr Mar 26th, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Terry………terry…………..Terry………..Bueller………..Bueller……..Bueller……

42. 42 hoyt Mar 27th, 2012 at 11:35 am

@DJ – genocide huh?

You must not have any character at all if you can’t let go of something as simple as someone wearing a t-shirt that may or may not tell something about their political perspective. Assuming it does reflect their political perspective who the fuck cares? It’s their freedom to think they want, right? Or are you gonna be hypocritical about that ?

“I’m afraid to look too deep” – what bullshit

43. 43 doc Mar 27th, 2012 at 11:45 am

Thanks Cyril; haven’t seen this info anywhere else. I’ll watch. I like hot rods.

44. 44 Tom Chop Mar 27th, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Cyril; I really wonder how do you stand all the B.S. ? I think that you`re a top knotch – stand-up guy to have the ability to endure all of the guff that you do. I know that I would be bonkers if I was trying to endure the same as you seem to take in stride. Congratulations!

45. 45 Duhl Mar 27th, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Had to strike whilst irons hot! , I am hoping cyril can secure some shots from Decker’s “office”
    You all will all be mesmerized!!!These will be photos worth studying!!!a clear window in how one spends a life forging important works accompanied with a heated passion for collecting the rare and unique along the way……Also please ask Dale Walksler, Cole F, Dennis Goodson(blacksmith)
    Willie G, I can think of many others I would like a snesk peak at! Thanks Cyril, I guess next we will be viewing through hidden cameras.
    Not!

46. 46 David Mar 28th, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Was just watching the lastest “Sons of Guns” ondiscovery and I’m wondering How the Hell Jesse James can get a Fully Automatic Weapon? Are you telling me he has never been arrested and convicted of anything? How can ATF approve this kind of thing?

SSDD:David

47. 47 Jeff Nicklus Mar 29th, 2012 at 11:27 am

David,

Obviously JJ has his FFL with the Class 3 Endorsement or he could not possess the automatic weapons. Also, as obvious, is the fact that in owning these weapons, or any weapon or ammunition for that matter, one must further assume that JJ has never been convicted of a felony or any crime that carries a sentence of more than one year in custody as a possible sentence. Arrests mean nothing without a conviction.

Over & Out,

Jeff

48. 48 Conrad Nicklus Mar 29th, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Well, this has obviously gone far away from the original point! I think the “desks” are rad, Cyril needs to get some pictures of the desks in Austin Speed Shop next! Excited to see who is coming on Sunday… this will be better than “The Secret Life Of…”

49. 49 randyb Apr 3rd, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Nice Ipod dock:0)

50. 50 Helmuts Aug 15th, 2012 at 2:05 pm

humm.. too many skulls for me. I never understood why people are so attracted to them.

Anyway, thank you for sharing,
    Helmuts