Tragic Death Of Conrad Nicklus Son Of Custom Builder Jeff Nicklus.

“Cyril. It is with extreme heartbreak and disbelief that I let you know that our beloved son Conrad, passed away last night in a tragic incident. He was only 25 years old.

Cindy and I are struggling to cope with it right now. We are totally lost, I don’t know what we are going to do without him! We cannot stress enough that you hold your loved ones close and never let them go. Make them understand that no matter what their life is, it is more precious than any problem and nothing is insurmountable.

We have many decisions to make as this is nothing we ever imagined possible. We have received a vast number requests regarding what can be done. Your thoughts and prayers will be greatly appreciated. I will update everyone once funeral arrangements have been finalized. May God watch over our son” Jeff Nicklus.

I have known Conrad since he was a little kid, helping his father in rallies and bike shows, visiting all custom builders and vendors, making many friends in the industry. At 18 he started to tinker with his father’s creations trying to impose his point of view, then worked on his own bikes, then of course the ones of his friends. While continuing successful University studies, in 2010 he created his own manufacturing company called Impressive Motorsports LLC. He was the son that all parents want to have, intelligent, courageous, kind and very loving. We were supposed to see each other very soon in Sturgis. His parents Jeff & Cindy know how much I appreciated him. I am very shocked by his passing at such a young age with such a promising future. Cyril.

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

119 Responses to “Tragic Death Of Conrad Nicklus Son Of Custom Builder Jeff Nicklus.”

1. 1 Steve Carr Jul 16th, 2012 at 10:02 am

Jeff,

I can not imagine how you must feel, my heart goes out to you and your family, and I am very sorry to hear this tragic news….

Steve Carr

2. 2 Jesse James Jul 16th, 2012 at 10:03 am

Oh Man this is such a bummer. Conrad was a really good kid.
    My heart goes out to Jeff and his family.

3. 3 The Supreme Team Jul 16th, 2012 at 10:11 am

Jeff,
    Your email this morning simply broke my heart. I am so sorry for you and Cindy. I simply cannot imagine your hurt right now. I’m speechless. I was really looking forward to cracking jokes with him in Lead. My prayers are with you both, and all of your family and friends.
    God bless you and Cindy. Please give her a big hug for me.

Bill

4. 4 CafeSportyTC Jul 16th, 2012 at 10:15 am

Jeff , My deepest condolences to you and your family.

5. 5 fuji Jul 16th, 2012 at 10:16 am

I’m so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and family

6. 6 Rick Fairless Jul 16th, 2012 at 10:17 am

Conrad is with God now. He was a good kid & I always enjoyed seeing him. My prayers are with the Nicklus family.
    RF

7. 7 Joe Mielke Jul 16th, 2012 at 10:19 am

We will keep Conrad and the Nicklus family in our thoughts and prayers. I trust you will find peace in your family and friends as you deal with your loss.

Joe @ Team Klock Werks

8. 8 richard Jul 16th, 2012 at 10:23 am

Even though I do not know you personally, I feel bad about your son. My condelances to you and your family.

9. 9 Joe T Moore Jul 16th, 2012 at 10:49 am

We will definately keep the family in our prayers and know that Conrad is with God. We are so sorry for your loss and he will be missed.

10. 10 Jeff Manley Jul 16th, 2012 at 10:54 am

How heartbreaking. Conrad was a neat and bright young man looking at an unbelievably successful future. God’s peace to you and Cindy my friend, I can’t imagine your sorrow.

Jeff

11. 11 John-Michael & Kristin Jul 16th, 2012 at 10:54 am

Jeff and Cindy, our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Conrad was a great guy and touched so many hearts. I was proud to call him a friend. May God bless you as you celebrate his life.

John-Michael & Kristin

12. 12 Rogue Jul 16th, 2012 at 10:57 am

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your son Conrad.
    My prayers are with you and Cindy during this tragic time for you.

13. 13 Big Phil Jul 16th, 2012 at 10:58 am

My thoughts and condolences to you and your family on such a tragic loss. My prayers are with you all at this sad time.

Big Phil

14. 14 Blake Meaux Jul 16th, 2012 at 10:59 am

To the Nicklus Family and the Desperado Motorcycle Community,

We are deeply saddend to hear about the loss of Conrad. We will keep you all in our prayers as you go through this painful time. I enjoyed very much talking to Conrad, as we shared the common interest of cars and motorcycles.

May your memories with him bring you peace.

Blake Meaux from Mo’ Muscle

15. 15 Sean Jul 16th, 2012 at 11:09 am

I didn’t know him as well as others, but he was a great guy to be around, always upbeat and loved talking shop, It’s hard to believe that a high school friend is gone so soon in life. Without a doubt he will be missed by many. Y’all have my prayers, God rest his soul.

16. 16 Jeremy Bateman Jul 16th, 2012 at 11:10 am

Conrad and I were good friends from high school then went to utsa together, I will miss him. My deepest condolences to his family.

17. 17 Mike Greenwald Jul 16th, 2012 at 11:11 am

Jeff & Cindy,

In the brief times that I have spoken to Conrad over the years, he seemed to have picked up the best qualities from both of you. One helluva son.

Mike Greenwald

18. 18 Sugar Bear Jul 16th, 2012 at 11:30 am

I was shocked to see this this morning ….. Vaya Con Dios …. my heart goes out to you and your family

19. 19 Chopper kulture Jul 16th, 2012 at 11:38 am

Jeff,
    I m really shocked by the news! My warmest condolences to you and your family.
    Thinking of you and you family during these extremely difficult times!
    Kind regards
    Mario

20. 20 Gina Woods Jul 16th, 2012 at 11:38 am

Such sad news! I can’t imagine, and hope I never have to – RIP Conrad…and may God bless the family!

21. 21 Victor Pitts Jul 16th, 2012 at 11:50 am

My prayers to the Nicklus family. One of my best friends is gone now and I can’t imagine the world without him now.

22. 22 Ardee Toppe Jul 16th, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Conrad was a friend of my daughters and myself. I always enjoyed seeing and speaking with him. He always called me Mr. Toppe which I got a kick out of. We will pray for the family….

23. 23 Steelchoppin Jul 16th, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Jeff…God Bless your family. I will say a prayer.

24. 24 Zach Ness Jul 16th, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Jeff,

I’m so sorry for your loss, my heart and prayers go out to your family.

Zach Ness

25. 25 DUHL Jul 16th, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Jeff, What a tragic post, my heart sunk as I read it. I can’t imagine how yours and your wife must feel. So SO sorry. I do have a great memory of leading that parade with yall in Texas though, Hang in there buddy.

26. 26 Doug Jul 16th, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Rest in Peace, eternally. Take care of yourself Jeff and your family.

27. 27 Walt Lumpkin Jul 16th, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Having told you how I feel elsewhere I just wanted you and Cindy to know my Cindy and I love you guys and hope you can find peace in your hearts.

28. 28 Duane Ballard Jul 16th, 2012 at 12:36 pm

I’m very sorry for your loss.

29. 29 David & Cyndy Kendall Jul 16th, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Jeff and Cindy;
    David and I are so sad for your loss of Conrad. There are no dry eyes in our household, from Sweden to Washington. We have all of you in our prayers and are here for you any time of day or night.

30. 30 Karin Giani Jul 16th, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Though I only met him briefly, I was impressed with his enthusiasm of his dreams and ideas becoming reality. My deepest condolences to your family, friends and colleagues. God Bless.

31. 31 ValueTeck Enterprises Jul 16th, 2012 at 1:28 pm

RIP Conrad. Such a tragic loss.

32. 32 Eric Maurer Jul 16th, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Jeff,
    My stomach sank when I read this. I am so sorry for your loss. RIP Conrad and again, my deepest sympathies go out to you and your family.

Eric Maurer

33. 33 Pat Haggerty Jul 16th, 2012 at 1:53 pm

RIP Conrad. God bless the entire Nicklus Family.

34. 34 casper Jul 16th, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I am still stunned he was just giving me a bad time last week. I was so looking to spending Sturgis with him. I will always miss my little brother. Love to the Desperado family. I

35. 35 Woody Jul 16th, 2012 at 2:00 pm

So very sorry to hear of this Jeff. Nothing I could possibly say will make a difference with your world upside down right now, but all best wishes for the strength to keep putting one foot in front of the other for a while. Take care.

36. 36 Rebecca Mitchell Jul 16th, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Jeff & Cindy

My heart goes out to you. There are no words. RIP Conrad.

Another reminder that every single day is precious and we never know what the day will bring. Cherish, cherish and cherish.

I hope you find peace down the road…I’m so sorry for your loss.

XO

Rebecca

37. 37 Lena Fairless Jul 16th, 2012 at 2:12 pm

He was a good man!! Conrad will always hold a special place in my heart! I am sorry for your loss, JN & CN! Love you both!

Lena Fairless

38. 38 James Simonelli Jul 16th, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Jeff and Cindy, so sorry for your loss. I will miss Conrad and always remember him as a polite and well mannered yong man that was never afraid to speak his mind. God bless.

James

39. 39 David Jul 16th, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Jeff and Cindy,
    I’m so sorry for your loss,may God be with you and your Family during these tough times.
    David

40. 40 Bryan Reitz Jul 16th, 2012 at 2:28 pm

This is shocking to read. I use to be very close with Conrad. Always up at desperado practically everyday. Haven’t spoken to Conrad in awhile but now I can’t stop thinking about the past times. My prayers go out to Jeff and Cindy. Stay strong he will always be looking down! You will always be missed Conrad!

Bryan Reitz @ RF Customs

41. 41 Frank Stancato Jul 16th, 2012 at 3:02 pm

To the Nicklus family. I am so very sorry for your loss. We have been friends for several years now and even though I only met Conrad a handful of times I know he was a fine young man. I hope and pray you can find the love and strength to get through this. I can’t even imagine having four boys of my own how hard this will be. You guys are in my every thought and prayers and if you need anything please do not hesitate to call. God bless your Family and we love ya!!!

42. 42 Boss Hawg Jul 16th, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Dear Cindy and Jeff,

My heart is deeply saddened with Conrad’s loss of life. I really enjoyed the couple times I could hangout with him at a rally…handsome, bright, witty and super smart. Great young man with a fantastic personality!

Brother…if there is anything I can do to help…call me. My heart is deeply saddened with your loss. Gods Speed…Rest In Peace Conrad.

Boss Hawg

43. 43 Pat Savage Jul 16th, 2012 at 3:23 pm

RIP Conrad. Such a tragic loss of life so young. My deepest condolences Jeff and for everyone’s loss.

Savage

44. 44 Wishem (from Michael & Michele) Jul 16th, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Jeff & Cindy – I am terribly sorry for your loss. I am without words. You did a wonderful job raising a great son. Remain strong for one one another.

Conrad – It is with tears in my eyes that I send you this final msg…..I will miss you sir.

45. 45 Gunslinger Jul 16th, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Wow…. I am speechless…. So sorry for your loss. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers

46. 46 Gary "Meat" Rausin/ Strokers Dallas Jul 16th, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Very sorry to hear about Conrad, our prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family Jeff.

47. 47 John Nasi Jul 16th, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Deeply saddened with your loss. My deepest condolences to Jeff and Cindy. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

48. 48 Jody Perewitz Jul 16th, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I am sad to hear this… He was too young… so sorry for your loss.

49. 49 Blackmax Jul 16th, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Condolences and deepest sympathies are with you at this time

50. 50 Patrick Jansen Jul 16th, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Jeff,

I can’t believe he was 25 already. I’m so sorry for your loss.

Patrick

51. 51 JC Jul 16th, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Jeff, there are no words to describe our sorrow for you and yours. Conrad and I started forging a new friendship over this past year and that will be cherished.

52. 52 Berry Wardlaw Jul 16th, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Jeff, My thoughts and my prayers are with you and your family. I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your son Conrad. Godspeed Conrad.

53. 53 Pepper Massey Jul 16th, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Sending you a hug, Jeff.

54. 54 Albert Jul 16th, 2012 at 7:36 pm

God Bless

55. 55 John Green Jul 16th, 2012 at 7:48 pm

God Bless you Jeff and Cindy

56. 56 Holger Mohr Jul 16th, 2012 at 8:14 pm

I am deeply sorry for your loss.

57. 57 Travis and Toni Jul 16th, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Don’t really know what to say ,but we loved Conrad,Sorry for your huge loss love your family Trav and Toni

58. 58 The Napoleon Family Jul 16th, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Jeff & Cindy,

We are very sorry for your loss. Thoughts & prayers to your family.

59. 59 Tulsee Jul 16th, 2012 at 9:37 pm

I knew Conrad briefly but picked up so many wonderful traits of his in that short time. He was always upbeat, a strong networker, and knew his family meant the world to him because he would have countless stories to share. My prayers are with the family and may he rest in peace.

60. 60 mj Jul 16th, 2012 at 9:40 pm

I can’t believe I will not see that beautiful smile when I get to Lead this year. Conrad was such a love and so full of excitement in everything he did. I will miss you, Conrad and I love you all, Nicklus family. I am carrying you all with me in my thoughts and prayers. God bless your family at this sad time.

61. 61 Sara Liberte Jul 16th, 2012 at 9:48 pm

No words, so sorry for your loss, prayers for your family during this difficult time.

62. 62 deadwood1783 Jul 16th, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Such a tragic thing to happen to any parent. So saddening to loose such a wonderful young man just as he was coming into his own and one with such great promise.My heart goes out and prayers are with you and your family Jeff.
    Sincerely
    Russ Fullen
    Thunder X Performance
    aka deadwood1783.

63. 63 Paul Spielvogel Jul 16th, 2012 at 10:12 pm

I am grateful that I was given the opportunity to watch Conrad grow from a boy into a successful young man. Tragically, Conrad has been taken away from us and he will be missed. Conrad will never be forgotten as he will always remain in our hearts and memories. Rest in Peace Conrad.

64. 64 Lisa Weyer Jul 16th, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Jeff, your email this morning brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry for you and your family. Keep the memories close to your heart and know how much love and support you have from all of your friends/family.

65. 65 RUB Jul 16th, 2012 at 11:25 pm

so very sorry for your loss , thoughts and prayers to the Nicklus family .

66. 66 ray c wheeler Jul 17th, 2012 at 12:44 am

At a loss for words….R I P Conrad..

Ray c Wheeler

67. 67 John E Adams Jul 17th, 2012 at 4:38 am

Sorry for your loss, will add your family to the prayers.

68. 68 krugger Jul 17th, 2012 at 5:59 am

Always too young…. RIP Conrad !

69. 69 biker64 Jul 17th, 2012 at 6:45 am

Very sorry for your loss. Follow Jeff’s advise to cherish your loved ones, life is too short!

70. 70 Anita & Peter Penz Jul 17th, 2012 at 6:55 am

Cindy & Jeff,
    We are shocked! Know your family for years now and Conrad was such a love.
    With deepest and heartfelt sympathy,
    Anita & Peter

71. 71 MotorcycleMarc Jul 17th, 2012 at 7:41 am

So sorry folks. Cannot even imagine your pain. May your son rest in peace.

72. 72 VanityPrintz Jul 17th, 2012 at 8:05 am

Jeff and Cindy:

It is with heavy hearts that we hear of this tragedy. Our prayers are with you and your family. Somehow, someway, may the process of morning Conrad’s passing reveal something special in his life that will solidify the family bond. God be with you.

73. 73 Grayhawk Jul 17th, 2012 at 8:08 am

Jeff and Cindy

Not many in life have the open and passionate love and commitment of a son that was refected so openly and proudly in his pride of you, his family and your life pursuits and the closeness and love binding your family. One can only be saddened by the shortness of the journey but comforted in the life sharings of Conrad”s 25 years.

No greater loss for a parent to bear at the end of shortened journey but no greater joy than the reflections of the time shared and the many memories of the love of a family .

My sincere and deepest condolences to your family.

Grayhawk

74. 74 brew Jul 17th, 2012 at 8:12 am

So very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers

75. 75 Arturo V. Jul 17th, 2012 at 8:15 am

We just wanted to send our most sincere apologies and heartfelt sympathy to the Nicklus family. You will be in our thoughts & prayers. RIP Conrad Nicklus.

76. 76 BigAlyts Jul 17th, 2012 at 8:27 am

May whomever or whatever is in charge, make this tragedy a way of saving other lives. May his parents grief never turn into blame! Let all of the friends and courteous people that tell you “I know how to feel, I’m a parent also”. You will hear that so much that all of your tolerances and patience will be over! When you want to “deck” the next Person that says that to you. They don’t know and hope they never, ever will. I really wanted to make this comment to the immediate Family. I wish peace and some comfort in telling you it “will get better”, but that’s BS. I am one of those unfortunate a that understand.

77. 77 SouthTxShine Jul 17th, 2012 at 8:37 am

Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself.
    They come through you but not from you. You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth. The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far. Let your bending in the archer’s hand be for gladness;
    For even as he loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable. -Gibran

My heart goes out to you both.

78. 78 THUG CUSTOM CYCLES Jul 17th, 2012 at 9:13 am

Way too young … may he ride with the angels….
    rip……..

79. 79 Rick Peyton Jul 17th, 2012 at 9:23 am

Jeff, I am so sorry for this loss to your family. I send you and your family all the best and strength I have.

80. 80 Bigwillie Rucker Jul 17th, 2012 at 9:46 am

Jeff words do not convey the sadness that we all feel at your loss. I am so very sorry and hope our faith and love will help carry you thru the the next period of your life. Bill

81. 81 Doc Jul 17th, 2012 at 11:26 am

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord,
    and let perpetual light shine upon him.
    May he rest in peace.

RIP Conrad, Condolences to the Nicklus Family

82. 82 Tamara Smith, James Gaskets, Inc. Jul 17th, 2012 at 11:58 am

Jeff & Family,
    Although we can’t begin to know the pain that you must be feeling, I hope it helps a little to know that you are in the thoughts of many people right now; some of whom you may not even know. Our hearts go out to you and your family.
    With sympathy and respect,
    Tami Smith and the Staff at James Gaskets

83. 83 Rory Maynard Jul 17th, 2012 at 11:59 am

Days like yesterday make you step back and be thankful for everything in your life! Conrad was a great man. Almost a little brother to me. I remember that picture, we waited 5 hours to watch Guns and Roses! We had a blast! Jeff and Cindy you raised a great man who will be remember by all who knew him. RIP Conrad!

84. 84 E'Ville Twin Motorsickle Co. Jul 17th, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Jeff and Family: There are no words in the human vocabulary to express our sorrow with regard to the sudden and tragic loss you are experiencing. Our hearts go out to you and yours ,

Miles and Lorrie Brown E’Ville Twin Motorsickle Co.

85. 85 Tom Jul 17th, 2012 at 3:04 pm

May his Name be always for BLESSING +

86. 86 Pamela Eder Jul 17th, 2012 at 3:49 pm

We are so sorry for the loss of your exceptional son! Your family is in our prayers.

87. 87 live2rideaglide Jul 17th, 2012 at 3:58 pm

So sorry for this loss, you and your family are in my prayers. God bless and comfort you all.

88. 88 Troy Jul 17th, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Jeff and Cindy,
    My deepest condolences to your family. I’m so very sorry for your loss, may God be with you and your family.

89. 89 MADRider Jul 17th, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Jeff and Cindy
    My deepest condolences to you and your familly My thoughts and prayers are with you in this extremely difficult time. You have a lot of people whoo will support you and help you in this time of difficulty.

90. 90 Jim Sharp Jul 17th, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Jeff & Cindy please accept our support, respect and compassion during this tragic loss. The memories of our time, although as short as it was, are memories of a very confident, ambitious,good hearted, happy young man who viewed the world he saw as one he was determined to impact in so many ways. He is missed by so many but shall never be forgotten. Our love ans prayers are certainly with you guys. Jim & Cindy

91. 91 Darin Maltsberger-Instructor@ MTI Jul 17th, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Jeff,
    My family will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Our deepest condolences at this time of extreme sorrow.

-Darin

92. 92 Darin Maltsberger- Instructor MTI Jul 17th, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Jeff,
    My family will keep you and yours in our thoughts and prayers. Our deepest condolences go out to you at this time of extreme sorrow.

– Darin

93. 93 Jack & Lynn Deagazio Jul 17th, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Jeff, Cindy

So sorry for your loss.Your in our prayers and thoughts.May God be with you and comfort you all.

94. 94 rags Jul 17th, 2012 at 10:20 pm

prayer sent,R,I,P

95. 95 Joe biker Jul 17th, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Jeff,
    It’s Joe formerly of H&L. I give you my heartfelt sorrow and condolences on your loss. I don’t know what else to say.
    Your friend
    Joe

96. 96 Quint with HogRadio.net Jul 18th, 2012 at 3:24 am

Our family is heartbroken and saddened by the tragic news. Our prayers are with you Jeff, Cindy and the Nicklus family. We will be with you in spirit at the memorial service. God Bless your family.

97. 97 TPJ Customs Jul 18th, 2012 at 10:09 am

Jeff so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts are with you.

98. 98 burnout Jul 18th, 2012 at 10:50 am

I will never forget the fire that burned in this young man. He was way ahead of most 25 yr olds I have encountered. Peace to you, Jeff and your family.

99. 99 Brenda Fox Jul 18th, 2012 at 1:06 pm

I AM so very very sorry to hear of such tragic news.

To Jeff and Cindy my deepest condolences to you and your familly.
    May God give you strength to help you thru such a horrible time.

100. 100 Christin Hailey Light Jul 18th, 2012 at 1:21 pm

I am so sorry for your loss…i spent part of new years with conrad in austin…he was such a sweetheart. Please let me know when the funeral arrangements are made..

101. 101 Jim Nasi Jul 18th, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Jeff so sorry for your loss….

102. 102 gustian Jul 18th, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Jeff and Cindy,

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your son.
    From over the great blue, our prayers are with you and your family
    in this most difficult moment of your live.

Gustian and Betty

103. 103 Cowboy Jul 19th, 2012 at 4:52 am

So very sorry to hear of your loss. You will all be in my prayers.

104. 104 Kathleen Covington Jul 19th, 2012 at 9:33 am

Jeff,
    So sorry for your loss, thoughts & prayers for your family.
    Jerry & Kathleen

105. 105 Dar - Brass Balls Bobbers & Choppers Jul 19th, 2012 at 11:37 am

Jeff, Our deepest heart felt condolences. May God be with you.

106. 106 1550tc Jul 19th, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Jeff and Cindy

My deepest condolences to you and your familly My thoughts and prayers are with you in this extremely difficult time. I always had a good laugh with him and we loved to rib each other as you know ………..as a parent i always had great admiration for the bond you two had.

107. 107 Steve the Producer Johann Jul 19th, 2012 at 5:41 pm

My prayers are with you all.

Steve Johann

108. 108 Wiz Jul 19th, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Shock, disbelief, bewilderment, asking “Oh God why?” And eventually, hopefully…acceptance. As I expressed to you in your personal e-mail the day after, my heart goes out to you for your loss. Take Care, Wiz

109. 109 Keith Brinton Jul 20th, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Jeff; I just read this and was shocked beyond belief. I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a loved one is the hardest thing any of us will ever face in life. During this very difficult time you will hear many times from people that they understand how you feel but until they have gone thru such a loss they are totally unaware of all the hurt your family will suffer dealing with this tragity. I have dealt with losing Amber by talking to friends that have been thru a loss such as this and it has helped me to understand the emotions that come with such a loss. I also take comfort in knowing our lives were filled with love and good times. I know that same kind of love for family is in your family and hope that the memories of that love will help you and your family cope with this great loss.
    I only met Conrad a few times but could see right away he was a good man and was going places. He really was a chip off the old block and you should be proud of the man he had become. You and Cindy did a great job raising him to be a good person and in the grand sceam of life being a good person is the prize. Conrad was a good man because you and Cindy led by example. I know Conrad was proud of his parents just as you can be proud of the man he became. I wish there was something I could do or say to make this time easier for you but having gone thru a loss recently myself I understand that all I can do is say “I am here for you brother if you need anything”.
    He is in Heaven now and will be standing at the gates waiting for you when your time comes. Until then if you ever need anything call me. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. May God bless you and your family.
    Keith Brinton and the crew at Diamond Heads

110. 110 Walt the Rev Jul 20th, 2012 at 3:49 pm

EagleWing Fellowship has you and your family in prayer.
    Remember the good times and hold him in your heart forever.
    REV

111. 111 Jay58 Jul 23rd, 2012 at 8:25 am

May Almighty God comfort you during this time with such a great loss. May all of us realize how precious life is and to live every day like it is our last because it just might be. Take time to say the little thing to make the situation better and the relationship stronger. I lost both my mom and older brother early in their lives. There is not a day that goes by that I do not think of them. Treasure people while you have them and do it today! Yours in Christ Jesus, Jay

112. 112 Harlan Jul 23rd, 2012 at 8:45 am

Jeff and Cindy,
    Our thoughts and Payers are with you. God Bless.
    Harlan and Patte’

113. 113 Randy Aron Jul 23rd, 2012 at 9:38 am

I’m deeply sorry for your loss. God bless you and Cindy.

114. 114 Jeff Nicklus Jul 23rd, 2012 at 10:42 am

We would like to thank everyone for your well wishes and prayers; both of us and our daughter are so touched. The love and support shown to us during this past week, by all of you, speaks volumes for the people you are. We can assure all that Conrad knows he was blessed by all those around him and is probably critiquing this comment…..I almost expect to hear “Oh Dad!”.

Conrad was a young man with an innate instinct and sense of his surroundings – knowing right from wrong, always questioning, “what if?” and proving, or so he thought, “what isn’t.” Outgoing, social, loving, a leader, with a heart so large every time you were around him, you left with a piece of it. We will always cherish the words of joy, feelings of happiness, countless adventures, and his quipping personality who sucked you into his very being. So many stories fill our memory.

The loss we feel is numbing, the heartbreak unbearable, the reality unreal. We have never known a love so strong or pain so deep. The tears we shed are for the life that Conrad led. We will miss his laughter and smile, which were as addictive as his need for knowledge. We will miss his presence and his illuminating light. We will cherish the short time that we had together and will always consider ourselves blessed for having such a loving son and brother.

To those with children, no matter the age, take their hand and hold it tightly. Never take for granted the feel of a hug, the warmth of a kiss, the meaning of a telephone call, or the words “I love you!” Take those few seconds everyday!

Again, we thank each of you for your support during this very difficult time.

Over & Out,

Jeff, Cindy & Nikki

PS: One more thing: We have established the “Conrad Nicklus Memorial Fund” which, once the State approval and the IRS Paperwork are completed, will be transformed into the “Conrad Nicklus Scholarship Fund”. Starting in 2013 we plan on helping as many young people as possible with the cost of their college education. Further, we plan on helping young people, wanting to enter the motorcycle industry, by helping defray the cost of a motorcycle vocational school. More on this as information becomes available.

115. 115 HMD Jul 23rd, 2012 at 12:07 pm

My heart goes out to you and your family …. Tim Hanlon

116. 116 Vicki Jul 23rd, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Shocked to the core to hear of this tragic news. Prayers of strength and healing are with the family and friends.

117. 117 Tony King Jul 23rd, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Ever since i read the news I’ve tried to think of what to say. I never met him, never spoke with him. All I know is I can’t believe he is gone. Jeff you are a better man than me, keep the faith.

118. 118 Kimberle Rupert Jul 31st, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Thanks to all of you who will be in Sturgis/Lead the next two weeks, for supporting Jeff and Cindy as they take the hardest steps they have taken since Conrad passed away. A simple hug is all they need as there are no words that help in this moment in time. Your messages have been a lifeline for them and are valued beyond anything you can imagine. I would like to thank all of you for caring for them especially when I can’t be with them!

119. 119 Aaron Glenn Sep 4th, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Mr and Mrs. Nicklus I have not known what to say as I’m sure many feel this way. However I want you and your family to know I have prayed for you all and will continue to as the days pass. Your son was a joy to be around and I will miss getting to hang out with him and talk here and there
    ………As always your friend.

Sincerely, Aaron Glenn

p.s. see ya down the road somewhere sometime conrad………………………….

Indian Motorcycle