Tragic Death Of Conrad Nicklus Son Of Custom Builder Jeff Nicklus.

“Cyril. It is with extreme heartbreak and disbelief that I let you know that our beloved son Conrad, passed away last night in a tragic incident. He was only 25 years old.

Cindy and I are struggling to cope with it right now. We are totally lost, I don’t know what we are going to do without him! We cannot stress enough that you hold your loved ones close and never let them go. Make them understand that no matter what their life is, it is more precious than any problem and nothing is insurmountable.

We have many decisions to make as this is nothing we ever imagined possible. We have received a vast number requests regarding what can be done. Your thoughts and prayers will be greatly appreciated. I will update everyone once funeral arrangements have been finalized. May God watch over our son” Jeff Nicklus.

I have known Conrad since he was a little kid, helping his father in rallies and bike shows, visiting all custom builders and vendors, making many friends in the industry. At 18 he started to tinker with his father’s creations trying to impose his point of view, then worked on his own bikes, then of course the ones of his friends. While continuing successful University studies, in 2010 he created his own manufacturing company called Impressive Motorsports LLC. He was the son that all parents want to have, intelligent, courageous, kind and very loving. We were supposed to see each other very soon in Sturgis. His parents Jeff & Cindy know how much I appreciated him. I am very shocked by his passing at such a young age with such a promising future. Cyril.

119 Responses to “Tragic Death Of Conrad Nicklus Son Of Custom Builder Jeff Nicklus.”

1. 1 Jim Nasi Jul 18th, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Jeff so sorry for your loss….

2. 2 gustian Jul 18th, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Jeff and Cindy,

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your son.
    From over the great blue, our prayers are with you and your family
    in this most difficult moment of your live.

Gustian and Betty

3. 3 Cowboy Jul 19th, 2012 at 4:52 am

So very sorry to hear of your loss. You will all be in my prayers.

4. 4 Kathleen Covington Jul 19th, 2012 at 9:33 am

Jeff,
    So sorry for your loss, thoughts & prayers for your family.
    Jerry & Kathleen

5. 5 Dar - Brass Balls Bobbers & Choppers Jul 19th, 2012 at 11:37 am

Jeff, Our deepest heart felt condolences. May God be with you.

6. 6 1550tc Jul 19th, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Jeff and Cindy

My deepest condolences to you and your familly My thoughts and prayers are with you in this extremely difficult time. I always had a good laugh with him and we loved to rib each other as you know ………..as a parent i always had great admiration for the bond you two had.

7. 7 Steve the Producer Johann Jul 19th, 2012 at 5:41 pm

My prayers are with you all.

Steve Johann

8. 8 Wiz Jul 19th, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Shock, disbelief, bewilderment, asking “Oh God why?” And eventually, hopefully…acceptance. As I expressed to you in your personal e-mail the day after, my heart goes out to you for your loss. Take Care, Wiz

9. 9 Keith Brinton Jul 20th, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Jeff; I just read this and was shocked beyond belief. I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a loved one is the hardest thing any of us will ever face in life. During this very difficult time you will hear many times from people that they understand how you feel but until they have gone thru such a loss they are totally unaware of all the hurt your family will suffer dealing with this tragity. I have dealt with losing Amber by talking to friends that have been thru a loss such as this and it has helped me to understand the emotions that come with such a loss. I also take comfort in knowing our lives were filled with love and good times. I know that same kind of love for family is in your family and hope that the memories of that love will help you and your family cope with this great loss.
    I only met Conrad a few times but could see right away he was a good man and was going places. He really was a chip off the old block and you should be proud of the man he had become. You and Cindy did a great job raising him to be a good person and in the grand sceam of life being a good person is the prize. Conrad was a good man because you and Cindy led by example. I know Conrad was proud of his parents just as you can be proud of the man he became. I wish there was something I could do or say to make this time easier for you but having gone thru a loss recently myself I understand that all I can do is say “I am here for you brother if you need anything”.
    He is in Heaven now and will be standing at the gates waiting for you when your time comes. Until then if you ever need anything call me. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. May God bless you and your family.
    Keith Brinton and the crew at Diamond Heads

10. 10 Walt the Rev Jul 20th, 2012 at 3:49 pm

EagleWing Fellowship has you and your family in prayer.
    Remember the good times and hold him in your heart forever.
    REV

11. 11 Jay58 Jul 23rd, 2012 at 8:25 am

May Almighty God comfort you during this time with such a great loss. May all of us realize how precious life is and to live every day like it is our last because it just might be. Take time to say the little thing to make the situation better and the relationship stronger. I lost both my mom and older brother early in their lives. There is not a day that goes by that I do not think of them. Treasure people while you have them and do it today! Yours in Christ Jesus, Jay

12. 12 Harlan Jul 23rd, 2012 at 8:45 am

Jeff and Cindy,
    Our thoughts and Payers are with you. God Bless.
    Harlan and Patte’

13. 13 Randy Aron Jul 23rd, 2012 at 9:38 am

I’m deeply sorry for your loss. God bless you and Cindy.

14. 14 Jeff Nicklus Jul 23rd, 2012 at 10:42 am

We would like to thank everyone for your well wishes and prayers; both of us and our daughter are so touched. The love and support shown to us during this past week, by all of you, speaks volumes for the people you are. We can assure all that Conrad knows he was blessed by all those around him and is probably critiquing this comment…..I almost expect to hear “Oh Dad!”.

Conrad was a young man with an innate instinct and sense of his surroundings – knowing right from wrong, always questioning, “what if?” and proving, or so he thought, “what isn’t.” Outgoing, social, loving, a leader, with a heart so large every time you were around him, you left with a piece of it. We will always cherish the words of joy, feelings of happiness, countless adventures, and his quipping personality who sucked you into his very being. So many stories fill our memory.

The loss we feel is numbing, the heartbreak unbearable, the reality unreal. We have never known a love so strong or pain so deep. The tears we shed are for the life that Conrad led. We will miss his laughter and smile, which were as addictive as his need for knowledge. We will miss his presence and his illuminating light. We will cherish the short time that we had together and will always consider ourselves blessed for having such a loving son and brother.

To those with children, no matter the age, take their hand and hold it tightly. Never take for granted the feel of a hug, the warmth of a kiss, the meaning of a telephone call, or the words “I love you!” Take those few seconds everyday!

Again, we thank each of you for your support during this very difficult time.

Over & Out,

Jeff, Cindy & Nikki

PS: One more thing: We have established the “Conrad Nicklus Memorial Fund” which, once the State approval and the IRS Paperwork are completed, will be transformed into the “Conrad Nicklus Scholarship Fund”. Starting in 2013 we plan on helping as many young people as possible with the cost of their college education. Further, we plan on helping young people, wanting to enter the motorcycle industry, by helping defray the cost of a motorcycle vocational school. More on this as information becomes available.

15. 15 HMD Jul 23rd, 2012 at 12:07 pm

My heart goes out to you and your family …. Tim Hanlon

16. 16 Vicki Jul 23rd, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Shocked to the core to hear of this tragic news. Prayers of strength and healing are with the family and friends.

17. 17 Tony King Jul 23rd, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Ever since i read the news I’ve tried to think of what to say. I never met him, never spoke with him. All I know is I can’t believe he is gone. Jeff you are a better man than me, keep the faith.

18. 18 Kimberle Rupert Jul 31st, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Thanks to all of you who will be in Sturgis/Lead the next two weeks, for supporting Jeff and Cindy as they take the hardest steps they have taken since Conrad passed away. A simple hug is all they need as there are no words that help in this moment in time. Your messages have been a lifeline for them and are valued beyond anything you can imagine. I would like to thank all of you for caring for them especially when I can’t be with them!

19. 19 Aaron Glenn Sep 4th, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Mr and Mrs. Nicklus I have not known what to say as I’m sure many feel this way. However I want you and your family to know I have prayed for you all and will continue to as the days pass. Your son was a joy to be around and I will miss getting to hang out with him and talk here and there
    ………As always your friend.

Sincerely, Aaron Glenn

p.s. see ya down the road somewhere sometime conrad………………………….

x