Free daily concerts and appearances by list of celebrities highlight the schedule for the all-new Buffalo Chip at Lazelle Presented by Allstate Motorcycle Insurance Stage located in the Victory Motorcycles/Indian Motorcycle complex at 3rd and Lazelle in Sturgis between August 4 &11.
“We’ll have our strongest presence ever at Sturgis this year,” said Steve Menneto, Polaris VP Motorcycles, who oversees the Victory and Indian brands. “We’ve made a big investment to entertain riders at the world’s best motorcycle rally. We’re creating a place to check out all the new Victory and Indian models and enjoy great entertainment on the new stage.” Here’s a look at what riders who stop by the 3rd and Lazelle complex will experience at the Buffalo Chip at Lazelle Presented by Allstate Motorcycle Insurance Stage:
• Unveiling of the Rockin’ Gibson Guitar Victory Custom, Monday, Aug. 6, noon-3 p.m. Join us to see which rock guitarist won the fan voting and teamed up with Victory Industrial Designers to customize a Victory Cross Country like their Gibson guitar. The finalists were (alphabetically) Chris Hobbs of Cavo, Jason Hook of Five Finger Death Punch, and Keith Nelson of Buckcherry. The special custom bike will be unveiled to reveal the winning Gibson guitarist.
• ‘Gunny vs. the Bunnies,’ Thursday, Aug. 9, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Everybody’s favorite Drill Instructor – R. Lee “The Gunny” Ermey – will share the stage with three Playboy Playmates in the Victory version of “Beauties and the D.I.” Gunny, the top advocate of the Victory premise, “Ride One and You’ll Own One,” will motivate riders to get their fannies on a Victory – pronto. He’ll also tell stories about his days in the U.S. Marines and his acting career, which includes a star turn in Stanley Kubrick’s Oscar-winning film, “Full Metal Jacket.” Gunny will be joined by the three Playboy Playmates – Ciara Price, Raquel Pomplun, and Anna Sophia Berglund – who competed for the honor of being featured on the cover of the new 2013 Victory Motorcycles product brochure. [Watch their campaign videos here: http://pb-victory.com.] Gunny and the Playmates will sign autographs and pose for photos with lucky riders.
• Gunny Storms Rapid City, Monday, Aug. 6, 1-3 p.m. Gunny will provide autographs, pose for photos – and probably order a few riders to drop and give him 50 – at Rice Victory, the Victory dealership in Rapid City (301 Cambell St., just off I-90 Exit 60; phone: 605-342-2242).
• Mike Wolfe, creator and host of ‘American Pickers’ on HISTORY, Friday, Aug. 10, noon-2 p.m. One of the world’s foremost antique archeologists, Mike will share tales of his pursuit of choice finds, including his personal “Holy Grail” of an unrestored Indian board track racer. A passionate Indian Motorcycle collector, Mike will tell road tales, field questions and inspire every rider to look under tarps in old barns. Fan can bring vintage Indian bikes or memorabilia for a chance to meet Mike in person.
• Ness Family Reunion, Friday, Aug. 10, 2-6 p.m. Owners of Victory Ness Signature Series models will pose for an historic group photo with the legendary first family of customizing, Arlen, Cory and Zach Ness. Riders can get autographs and photos from the three Victory customizers and share stories of how they have enjoyed their Ness models.
• Arlen, Cory & Zach Ness Autograph Sessions, Sunday, Aug. 5, and Wednesday, Aug. 8, 1-3 p.m. both days. In addition to Friday’s Ness Family Reunion, the three generations of customizers will hold autograph sessions to meet riders and show off their amazing Victory customs, including new 2013 Ness Signature Series models and the Zach Ness Judge custom, the Ness Café. Rick Fairless, a leading Victory custom builder and owner of Rick Fairless’ Strokers Dallas, a top Victory dealership, will join the Nesses for the Aug. 5 and Aug. 8 autograph sessions.
• Free Daily Concerts by Michael Holt and the Trophy 500s. These Austin, Texas, rockers will light it up daily with high-energy rock, including songs from their new album “Zero Miles to Empty.” [Listen and download it here: http://www.myspace.com/holtco.] They’ll play from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. daily except Saturdays Aug. 4 and Aug. 11, when they’ll start at noon.
• Buffalo Chip Bands Performing 4-6 Daily. The Sturgis Buffalo Chip is providing several bands who will rock the 3rd and Lazelle complex from 4-6 p.m., Aug. 5-11, including: That Damn Sasquatch (Aug. 5); Blind Lion (Aug. 6); The Living Deads (Aug. 7 and 11); Tumbleweed Junction (Aug. 8 and 10); and the Mad Dog Rockabilly Revue (Aug. 9).
• Allstate Motorcycle insurance Game Station, daily, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Riders can win cool swag just for playing great games Allstate will offer, and riders can register for a chance to win the one-of-a-kind Arlen Ness-customized Victory Cross Country. Watch for Allstate motorcycle news at www.facebook.com/AllstateMotorcycle
• Pepsi Recreation Station, daily, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Pepsi and AMP Energy Drink will keep riders relaxed and cool with shade and picnic tables in front of the stage so riders will have no excuse for not keeping up with the program!
• AMP Up for Sturgis, Daily, 3-5 p.m., plus extended hours Thursday and Friday, Aug. 9-10, 1-5 p.m. The AMP Energy Sample Team will pass out free AMP products at the 3rd and Lazelle complex, ensuring riders get some powerful afternoon energy right when they need it to get out and experience Sturgis.
See All the New 2013 Victory & Indian Models. Sturgis is all about the bikes, and all the new 2013 Victory and Indian models will be on display all week at the 3rd and Lazelle complex. The displays are free and are open 9 a.m.-6 p.m. daily.
• Free Victory & Indian Parking. Riders of Victory and Indian motorcycles will enjoy reserved parking behind the display area so they can park close to the action and create a daily custom bike show.
For a complete list of events scheduled for the Buffalo Chip at Lazelle Presented by Allstate Motorcycle Insurance stage, visit www.victoryatsturgis.com.