Custom 10-Seat Harley-Davidson On A Trip To The Germany Motor Essen Show.

Steve “Doc” Hopkins, owner of Doc’s Harley-Davidson, built in 2009 this 3000-lbs 25-ft long “Harley train.” The bike (named Timeline) is on its way, via road, train, cargo container and road again to the Essen Motor Show of Germany (December 1-9), a huge car manufacturers exhibition, but also featuring a few custom motorcycles. Most interesting aspect of the motorcycle is that it uses 7 different-generation Harley engines from the F-Head IOE engine to the current Twin Cam. And they all work together thanks to an enormous clutch and to many hours of headache doing the different motors fine-tuning. (Cory Dellenbach/Shawano Leader/AP)

17 Responses to “Custom 10-Seat Harley-Davidson On A Trip To The Germany Motor Essen Show.”

1. 1 Dave Blevins Oct 30th, 2012 at 9:51 am

I don’t get it. To each his own I guess.

2. 2 Shifter Oct 30th, 2012 at 9:55 am

Fugly, unuseful, ridiculous.

3. 3 ROBIN Oct 30th, 2012 at 10:14 am

I’m sure that to most readers it would be obvious that the actual name of the bike is Timeline, not Tineline. The image above shows the bike in the Timeline Saloon and BBQ located next to Doc’s Harley-Davidson of Shawano County in Bonduel, Wisconsin. Doc’s HD is a place that should be a must visit for any Harley lover that is ever in that part of Wisconsin. It is an eclectic establishment with a little something for everyone. In the back of the Harley store they have a bird aviary that my granddaughter absolutely loved but she also got mad because the bird that was loose would only land on my shoulder, not hers. But she got over that when one of the employees invited her into the break room so that she could pet their mascot pig, Kayla, who sadly died back in February. Doc’s employees like to point out that pigs really do fly since Kayla was born in Hawaii and flown to Wisconsin.

4. 4 Rodent Oct 30th, 2012 at 11:51 am

Why?

5. 5 FXDX805 Oct 30th, 2012 at 11:58 am

waste of 10 Harleys

6. 6 LenNY Oct 30th, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Doc Saw this run at the JP open house a great build unique showing HD history in one motorcycle .
    This is a piece of history that everyone should see.
    LenNY

7. 7 BC Oct 30th, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Rodent……….exactly! ( maybe he’s a shut-in?!)

8. 8 Lyle Landstrom Oct 30th, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Why not? It’s better than having all those motors on a display shelf doing nothing. And being a conversation piece, it certainly worked.

9. 9 Metric Aficionado Oct 30th, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I can just imagine the puddle of oil left under that monstrosity!
    Some people really have too much time on their hands…

10. 10 Scott k Oct 30th, 2012 at 9:27 pm

I would rather see those hands creating something unique insteadof typing bad comments

11. 11 Kroeter Oct 31st, 2012 at 10:26 am

Yeah it’s a pile. I’ve seen it, it’s got a 1/4-mile turn radius. But who cares what people do on their own time? Because we can, that’s why.

12. 12 eBikerLeather Oct 31st, 2012 at 11:45 am

Damn, Steve Hopkins just killed 10 motorcycles, with building this big one. From my personal reasoning Steve has failed on this job.

13. 13 JB Oct 31st, 2012 at 1:08 pm

He should have picked Bad Salzuflen instead of Essen; the biggest custom show in Germany around the same time.

You are still welcome at our booth over there. Just be there a few days earlier.

14. 14 A.V. Oct 31st, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I don’t get all of the negative comments! It’s really pretty impressive. Every one of those engines starts up and runs. It wasn’t designed to be transportation! It’s a historical display of the ‘evolution’ of H-D engines – of course it leaks oil!

From what I saw, it was definitely a labor of passion, skillfully put together by someone who evidently made time for it while also operating a business. It’s a unique display; fascinating to see and exciting to hear when all of the engines start up.

15. 15 Shanedrive Oct 31st, 2012 at 5:23 pm

I don’t get all the negatories either. I’ve met Doc a few times. He’s a very interesting person. And yes, all the engines run. He’s also big into drag racing. Go to his site http://www.docshd.com. You’ll see that Doc is not your average dealer/owner. Most HD dealers are cookie cutter set ups. Not this one.

16. 16 Shanedrive Oct 31st, 2012 at 5:25 pm

I don’t understand all the negatories either-whatever, to each their own. Doc is an interesting individual and talented artist. He’s also heavy into nitro drag racing. Check out his website and you’ll see he’s not your average dealer/owner. docshd.com.

17. 17 Blackmax Nov 3rd, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I;m with Shanedrive & AV
    Sure it’s an exericise in excess
    but if that’s what Doc wants to do, more power to him

Crusher