It’s Back Again. Baker Drivetrain “Cash For Crap” Program.

You have one week until November 21, 2012 to benefit from this program. Have an old, tired, stock transmission? Was your custom chopper built with a knock-off transmission that’s impossible to service?

BAKER wants to give you cash for it!  Between now and November 21, 2012, send them your old worn out transmission and they will apply a 15% off credit on your purchase of a BAKER OD6, DD6, DD7 or OD6R! Don’t miss this opportunity to upgrade with the best of the best! Contact their expert sales staff at 877-640-2004 and ask about the Cash for Crap program. Baker Drivetrain.

8 Responses to “It’s Back Again. Baker Drivetrain “Cash For Crap” Program.”

1. 1 Monk Nov 16th, 2012 at 8:35 am

My “knockoff” Ultima six speed transmission (eh, Bakers are knockoffs too) has 40k on it and performs flawlessly. OTD price $600! Ultima and Baker gearsets come from the very same Korean manufacturing plant.

2. 2 CafeSportyTC Nov 16th, 2012 at 1:04 pm

would love to see someone from baker respond to that

3. 3 Mad Matt Nov 16th, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Baker stuff is all American made, do your homework before suggesting a shitty Korean made tranny is as good as a Baker.

4. 4 Tony King Nov 16th, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Ultima is not a bad product, not the quality of Baker though. And Monk you’re just an Idiot!

5. 5 Lisa Baker Nov 16th, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Good Afternoon,

Monk, the statement you have made regarding the production of BAKER gearsets is incorrect. The gearsets used in all of our products have always been 100% Made in the USA. I invite you to contact me to schedule a visit to our production facility in Michigan to see for yourself.

Sincerely,

Lisa Baker
    President
    BAKER Drivetrain
    1-877-640-2004
    lbaker@bakerdrivetrain.com

6. 6 CJ Nov 17th, 2012 at 7:14 pm

The big question is…..
    How much will these transmissions cost after a !5% discount…?
    And… Can I apply it to a 5-Speed….?
    I have a extra 5-Speed I took apart and never put back together, and I’ve wondered about getting a Baker Transmission.
    I once read that the break-in procedure is “Ride it like you stoled it…!”
    I Like That.

One more thing…
    If Monk doesn’t want to take you up on the offer to check-out your facility, can I come and see it …?

7. 7 Lisa Baker Nov 19th, 2012 at 10:51 am

CJ,

I think we can work something out with your 5 speed and/or with a visit to our shop. Give me a call or shoot me an email!

Have a good day!

Lisa Baker
    (877) 640-2004
    lbaker@bakerdrivetrain.com

8. 8 Chris Nov 20th, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Monk, no retort or do you make a habit of badmouthing good companies? Baker is the best in the business at what they do, bar none. Keep up the good work Bert, Lisa, and the rest of your team.

My $600 Ultima trans (purchased because I’m broke!) works well too, though it is noisy, tends to double shift between third and fourth no matter how much I adjust it, the right side frame mounting stud came from the factory stripped and needed to be tapped, the shifter pawl broke and pawl spring broke but other than that . . .

Crusher