S&S Cycle Launches Viola V-Twin

S&S Cycle is launching Viola V-Twin a selection of high quality service parts for Harley-Davidson® and other American v-twin motorcycles including service/repair parts for stock v-twin engines. These parts and services are available through all S&S Dealers and directly benefit all end users.

For example, if your local shop works on your bike, it means that your engine will be serviced with the finest parts available. Viola V-Twin parts meet or exceed OEM specifications, and if at all possible, they are U.S. made. And if you work on your own ride, you benefit because your local S&S dealer will be able to provide you with top quality service parts, which are as good or better than the originals. Of course if you’re a vintage buff, Viola V-Twin is a great source of engine parts for your antique V-Twin.

The Viola V-Twin Website is not only a great place to look for replacement engine parts, but the line drawings and parts listings in the online catalog make it an excellent informational resource. If you don’t have a service manual for your engine, the Viola V-Twin website and catalog are invaluable. You can look at the exploded views to see how your engine goes together, or maybe you just need to find anOEM part number.

You van browse or search the catalog online or download it in convenient PDF format. No online sales, but there’s a dealer locator to help you find a local S&S dealer who will sell the parts to you and maybe provide some good advice, as well. If VVT doesn’t happen to have the part you need, you can even suggest that we add it to our product line. Just click on the Parts Suggestion Form under the “Contact” menu.

Talk to your local S&S dealer or visit Viola V-Twin to check all the service parts for American V-Twin motorcycle engines.

16 Responses to “S&S Cycle Launches Viola V-Twin”

1. 1 Zen Dec 5th, 2012 at 10:25 am

After a few bad years due to the recession, S&S Cycle is waking up. Good.

2. 2 LenNY Dec 5th, 2012 at 11:09 am

Great achievement S&S should do great with this. Online catalog is well done and a great tool.
    LenNY

3. 3 eBikerLeather Dec 5th, 2012 at 11:38 am

Very cool achievement, but I just hope the prices won’t jump sky high.

4. 4 Kirk Perry Dec 5th, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Yeah… good, because this is the boring-ist period in world history for knuckle and panheads.
    No? Take a look at the “Knuckle & Panhead Forums” around the world… 🙂 thre’s no body building nothing out there. Lots of ebay critiquing…. but that’s about all. 🙂 🙂
    It’s a fricking joke.
    EPA bullshit and bikers stood for it, while all the rest of the motorized industry trades carbon credits and gets on with legal polluting… what’s the AMA done to combat those sky is gonna fall idiots. Nothing. Goose-egg zero.
    Yeah…. S&S to the rescue. Great, what’s next for the “garage builder”? How will S&S combat the EPA? They won’t. So how much better of is our knuckle niche industry today than last week? Not a lot.

5. 5 LarryC Dec 5th, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Brilliant !!

6. 6 steveb Dec 5th, 2012 at 5:48 pm

I am not sure competing with your customers (machine shop services in particular) is a recipe for success – even for a blue chip brands like S&S

7. 7 Blackmax Dec 5th, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Hard to do better than S & S !!!
    For a lot of folks they are the “Go To” place for anything aftermarket
    Should be a “Hit” !!!!

8. 8 Motodave Dec 5th, 2012 at 10:30 pm

What’s the big difference?i always had to go to an s&s dealer to get parts even though I do all my own work.and wow now I still do.they always had parts lists and exploded views in the service manuals and I can’t order anything cause I am not a dealer. And now I still can’t.not trying to be a jerk here I just don’t see anything different than usual.maybe someone can enlighten me as to what is different for a home builder like me other than I get a new catalog of the same parts I can’t buy direct.thanks

9. 9 Motodave Dec 5th, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Home builders always had to go to a dealer to get s&s parts and this catalog is nothing different.all their service manuals had exploded parts lists and this is nothing different. I Dont need anyone to work on my motor but I can’t buy s&s parts.and this viola stuff is nothing different.enlighten me if I am wrong but I see (yes I will say I again) NOTHING DIFFERENT.not trying to be a jerk but what is the big deal here?s&s always sold engine parts strictly through volume dealers and won’t sell directly to motorheads who do their own stuff.and this new viola suff is no different.it’s just a ” hey ask for s&s when you bring your bike in for service” campaign ,disguised as a “you can get parts”catalog.but you can’t unless you go to a dealer.same as it has always been.also the moderator here blocked my first post which was nothing Rude or bad just the same comments about what the heck is different with this viola stuff. Motörhead joe or Dave in this case can’t buy s&s parts for his projects without going to a dealer.

10. 10 Motodave Dec 5th, 2012 at 11:41 pm

I may be good with a panhead but lousy with a computer.there was a yellow sentence saying my post was being moderated and then it was gone.so I wrote another and now I see both.didnt mean to be so redundant.just curious.

11. 11 Kirk Perry Dec 6th, 2012 at 1:50 am

🙂

“I may be good with a panhead but lousy with a computer.there was a yellow sentence saying my post was being moderated.”

Welcome to the club. It’ll make you a better writer.

12. 12 JG HCI Dec 6th, 2012 at 10:17 am

If s&s wants to make more money and treat us right , sell direct to the public . We don’t need no stinkin middleman . Great parts , that’s about it . JG

13. 13 choppperguy Dec 6th, 2012 at 11:02 am

Steveb,

How is S&S competing with their customers? The Machine shop services are only available toS&S dealers!

Motodave,

So being a Home builder entitles you to buying direct? Really! So Home bakers should be able to by direct from the sugar mill and skip the grocery store? So you drive a truck, do you get to buy direct from Ford or do you have to go to your local ford dealer? You think S&S should just undercut the local dealer and put them all out of business so you the “Home Builder” can get parts at a discount! You work on your own cars I bet too, I bet you can just call up Bosch and get injectors and skip buying from O’Reilys, Napa, or Autozone.

Get a clue on how business works, I guess you should go buy your Hamburger directly from the butcher instead of going to McDonalds!

14. 14 Motodave Dec 7th, 2012 at 12:26 am

Getting to buy retail american bike parts will throw the world into chaos.You have taken this comment and s&s’s volume to the extreme.i never said i Wanted wholesale prices.just an opportunity.i also hunt well and butcher all my own meat, grow my own food to supplement the other things i buy at retail prices.wanting the oportunity to purchase quality American parts at any price for myself and on my own like the other self sustaining things that I do is what the true spirit of this country is.your comparisons are ridiculous to anyone with skills to take care of themselves.enjoy your McDonald’s.

15. 15 Kirk Perry Dec 8th, 2012 at 4:34 pm

It’s a tool for the small shop owner who has a customer following (“counter-club” so to speak). The small shop owner specializes in providing the “home base” which most often won’t include machining. But he and his customer’s all know whose assembling the “hardened parts”. Fair enough?
    •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    Now go further. Every knuckle & pan motor needs a heart. There is no reliable 1936-1948 or 1949-1960 timer made today. It needs to be made in the U.S.A. It must be cad plated. It must be expensive. Don’t make the parts based on “price points”.
    Note: Ford Motor Company has a little niche carved with their new “Ford Antique Parts” division. You can buy an OEM (replica right?) rear gas tank fuel tank gas gauge assembly for $700. (retail) through a B.A.R. state licensed repair shop….but there are No Returns. How can they do that you ask? Ford KNOWS their parts are of OEM dimensions. They don’t know or care what your dim’s are. Makes sense. Expensive (small lot manufacturing a reason) but they work as designed.

S&S has the ability to re-make the (32505-36) timer housing, (32528-36 shaft) and (32579-49) base. The remainder of parts are already available.
    Colony® makes the cad plated, angle-drilled (32593-47) adjusting screw (stud).

Please try and keep it OEM in appearance (i.e; the base (dome) has the circular machining marks in it that are so dog-gone-heartwarming to look at when the cap is removed. 🙂

16. 16 Billy Walker Feb 22nd, 2013 at 12:20 am

Motodave, how are ya? I think Steveb’s comments tie-in perfectly with what you were discussing. For example, how is not calling up Bosch directly and ordering injectors different than you calling up S&S for a component? Or, to change industries, you need a head of lettuce… rather than going to the grocery store you would need to deal direct with the farmer.

Most company’s do not deal direct with the customer. Although this does introduce a middleman theoretically this should provide a benefit to the end consumer although not necessarily in terms of dollars. Most manufacturers either choose not to deal directly with the public or are not set-up for the “experience”. Manufacturing and retail are two different animals.

Imagine a world where everyone dealt with the manufacturer. Most retailing would then shut down and we would all be working for perhaps much, much larger company’s. That typically does not bode well for individual’s needs. Most everything would become mail order as the manufacturer would have a limited number of locations.

I confess here: I work for a small motorcycle accessory, parts and repair store. So I could be biased. However, we as the local face SHOULD be able to provide assistance to the customer in a better manner. We both know this does not always happen however this is frequently a failure point with large companies as well. Hopefully the small business owner cares enough to take care of his/her local customer base. Again, doesn’t always happen but neither does it at the national level either.

In addition, the owner of a small business makes a sizable (for that individual) investment in a business in order to serve you and make a living for himself/herself. The motorcycle business has gotten insane with people bringing in their own tires for example in order to save a few dollars. To continue with the tire example tires are a product where it seems to be against the law to make a profit. Not only hurts potential hiring in the local market but when is the last time you supplied Outback with the steak? When is the last time you supplied a burger joint with the burger?

Am I too close to the situation? I’m not sure but as I get older I find it harder to believe that not dealing with the local repair store is actually a benefit in the end.

Crusher