Mustang Hard Trunks For Long Distance Riders

The journey is as important as the destination but when you arrive it’s good to have with you some essentials. These new Mustang Hard Top Cases are design matched to their lineup of hard saddlebags for most Harley-Davidson®  metric cruisers models.

Measuring a spacious 22” wide x 18” long and 13” high, these covered hard trunks are large enough to accommodate two full-face helmets. Not only do these matching top boxes add to the overall carrying capacity, but they also incorporate a padded backrest to keep passengers comfortable for the long haul.

Made from reinforced fiberglass and covered in the same durable expanded vinyl as Mustang’s seats, the covered hard trunks come in plain or with a choice of chrome studs and conchos to match their seats and saddlebags. A chrome latch keep things securely stowed, not to mention the fact that the lid is double-sealed for additional protection from the elements. The skirted lid also features a braided edge trim for a finished look.

Mustang’s covered hard trunks sell for less than $700. Value-added features include: • Made of reinforced fiberglass and covered with high-quality expanded vinyl • Rubber seal makes the case ultra water-resistant • Inside surface is lined with durable felt-like material • Mounting hardware available Mustang has been making top quality seats and luggage for Metric Cruisers and H-D® models since 1980. For more information, visit Mustang Seats, or call (800) 243-1392.

7 Responses to “Mustang Hard Trunks For Long Distance Riders”

1. 1 Branson Dec 19th, 2012 at 11:34 am

Why not buy a touring bike?

2. 2 BobS Dec 19th, 2012 at 11:35 pm

I like it. I’ve been thinking about the bags for my bike, the trunk looks good with the bags. As far as why not buy a tour bike…I just don’t want one. I love my bike, Victory Kingpin, and go everywhere on it. Luggage goes on for a trip, comes off as soon as I get home. I’m too young for a Goldwing.

3. 3 Blue Strada Dec 20th, 2012 at 10:11 am

Congratulations Mustang… That is the best looking “Top Case” from any manufacturer that I have seen… and looks to be just big enough… having said that I hate to ride with them as it makes the on and off process so much harder on my GS/Tiger.

4. 4 Calif Phil Dec 20th, 2012 at 10:36 am

Great idea the market is ready for a nice trunk like that.

5. 5 Brett Dec 21st, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Because Branson, with all the quick detach stuff now…you can have the best of both worlds. If I am just riding my bike to work or around town, I don’t need saddle bags & a trunk on it, but if I’m going on a week long run, then they are good to have. Also a touring bike costs thousands more then my FXST, adding bags doesn’t even come close to the price of a Street Glide or Electra Glide

6. 6 bean're Dec 24th, 2012 at 10:34 am

I like it a lot. I was thinking about running a new detachable truck on my new Million Mile bike that I am building. I just may look into it.

7. 7 Clever Pub Quiz Names Jun 11th, 2013 at 10:18 am

On Sunday nights Erin Jaimes hosts a blues jam where anyone from
    Alan Haynes to Gary Clark, Jr. At the end of each
    round read out the cumulative scores. The decline of the East side blues scene was disheartening, but, it
    also gave rise to the need for a fresh start, which came
    in the form of the next blues-only venue, Antone’s, founded by the late Clifford Antone, during the summer of 1975.