Exclusive: Jesse James Is Relaunching West Coast Choppers.

WCC1WCC2WCC3Yesterday, I had a conversation with Jesse. For you my readers, he gave me the exclusivity of a huge announcement for the custom motorcycle scene. He is relaunching West Coast Choppers. It is almost 4 years that the brand was silent, but the brand equity or goodwill that Jesse owns with West Coast Choppers never faded, quite the opposite. The more difficult it was to order a custom from him, buy one of his parts, or a piece of his logo gear and clothing, the bigger the WCC brand grew, both here in the US and abroad. A name and a brand encompassing through logo, image and perception the best of what is the Chopper Kulture.
wcc-bisJesse was telling me how much he continues to be moved by the support and encouragements he receives. Yes, he is very sentimental about this, both humbled and still surprised by so much admiration. Is he just a “glorified welder”, the way he likes to described himself? Or much more? Just read the positive responses he receives when he posts on Twitter (186,000 followers) or Facebook (59,000 people like him) or Instagram. In the mind of bikers, Jesse James and West Coast Choppers, separately and together, embody a promise about the products they are selling: true Chopper attitude,.the real stuff with no BS…

WCCWe talked about the period when WCC became too big, too fast. He felt disconnected, drifting away from what he loves to do the most: just building stuff. So, the relaunch of West Coast Choppers is done with a completely different perspective. Not approaching the new business as a race to get bigger, to sell more, but a more qualitative one. 1- Offering exclusive parts, accessories and biker wear he can deliver without huge back orders. 2- Keeping time for himself to build bikes or whatever goes through his mind  (in a wide spectrum), to design parts, to ride with friends, to travel to a few select shows just for pleasure not for professional obligations. Just enjoying his professional and personal life…

A new West Coast Choppers website was built and is intended to be the “Base Camp” of all what Jesse has done and of all what he is doing right now. It is already filled with what can be called “The WCC Archives”, a gallery of almost all his famous bikes and rods, memory pictures, etc. And of course an online store under a so Jesse James slogan “Give Money. Get Stuff” and where you can place orders for exclusive custom parts, accessories, and clothing, ladies not forgotten. WCC does worldwide shipping and has already distribution representation in Tokyo, Barcelona, and Amsterdam. West Coast Choppers, more than a famous brand in the motorcycle industry. A State Of Mind continuing to federate all those who love, build, and ride custom motorcycles.

Barnett Harley-Davidson

173 Responses to “Exclusive: Jesse James Is Relaunching West Coast Choppers.”

1. 1 Shifter Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:06 am

Welcome back Jesse. The fun continues. Cyril, great tribute to your friend Jesse.

2. 2 jack Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:09 am

Very glad to hear this news… one of the greatest bike builders on Earth!

3. 3 Jesse James Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:13 am

Thanks Cyril….

4. 4 Mike Corbin Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:17 am

Jesse is a true motorcycle artist, I am very happy to see him return..

Original thinking and passion rip through his veins.

5. 5 Mike Corbin Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:21 am

California is perking up,

Jesse + Hollister Rally come back to life in ‘ 13

Let’s get some of our Red Blood flowing !

6. 6 Simmy Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:21 am

Good news….and it doesn’t hurt that OCC is falling apart.

7. 7 Greeko Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:29 am

Cyril gets all the scoops and this one is a great one. Exciting.

8. 8 magoo117 Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:30 am

props to Jesse, up all goes well with it and it will be cool to see him at some shows again !

9. 9 jeff gundlachj Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:33 am

Good on him.

10. 10 BROADWAYLEE Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:43 am

Right on

11. 11 BROADWAYLEE Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:46 am

Right on perhaps the end of chopper bizarro world with other recent developments

12. 12 Motorcycle Marc Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:49 am

This is great news for the custom motorcycle industry. His strong brand is sure to help others too. Welcome back Jesse.

Motorcycle Marc

13. 13 Ryan Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:54 am

Good timing. The clowns of OCC are gone…

14. 14 John E Adams Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:56 am

Very cool news, welcome back Jesse, love your work!

Cheers!

15. 15 David Quarterman Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:00 am

Great news, Cyril. Love the ‘give money, get stuff’!

16. 16 Steelchoppin Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:01 am

Very cool. I have always been a fan of West Coast Choppers and I always will be. Glad to see that he is going to get back into the ring (officially). I think that doing it this way will allow him to remain in complete control of things.

17. 17 David Quarterman Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:03 am

Great news, Cyril. Love the ‘give money, get stuff’.

18. 18 Craig Littlefield Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:03 am

Welcome Back!!! Now maybe the World can get see what Real Get On and Ride Motorcycle’s are all about!!

19. 19 zigge the swed Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:05 am

Hello jesse!Nice ro heat that you are back in buisness.i was a chopperdog and was är nlp-05……love the work you do.keep up the slitit….

20. 20 shaun hedden Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:14 am

Welcome back to a true innovator and artist.

21. 21 SCOTT(HeadCaseRacing) Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:17 am

Jesse,
    Glad your doing this with WCC. Your a true artist and a die hard builder. Everything you do is over the top. You enspire people to work with there hands. I bought a TIG welder watched some youtube videos and started welding. Ive always been around cars and now im building them. We need this is out lives and on TV so kids can keep this going.

THANKS

22. 22 Angela Montoya Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:19 am

A hard working beautiful man, bringing back what never should have gone away. Thank you for being the great hard working man that you are and letting all of us be a part of it! XOXO

23. 23 martin wright Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:20 am

Great news that Jessie is to relaunch West Coast Choppers. Maybe now I might get my dream ride.

24. 24 Jason Ramsey Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:25 am

If it makes you happy, do it! Build some cool shit and enjoy life.

25. 25 Howie.G Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:26 am

I super stoke to hear this I still wear all my west coast choppers shirt stuff all the time and I still have the stickers on my truck WEST COAST CHOPPERS for life e que putos

26. 26 Wayne campitiello Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:27 am

ABOUT TIME EVERYDAY ME N MY CREW TALK HOW MUCH IT STINKS THAT WE CAN’T GET WWC STUFF. NOTHING LIKE WEST COAST CHOPPERS !!!!!!! It’s not just parts or clothing It’s the whole ATTITUDE !!!!!! CHOPPERS FOR LIFE

27. 27 Angela Montoya Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:29 am

Thank you for sharing such talent with all of us! You’re the best! XOXO

28. 28 Howie.G Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:29 am

Hell yeah I’m glad to hear this I still wear all my WEST COAST CHOPPERS Shit around and I still have the stickers on my truck WEST COAST CHOPPERS for life eque putos

29. 29 diablo Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:34 am

Esta chingon

30. 30 robbie kerr Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:34 am

nice to hear a true legend in the bike building world going back to what he does best …enough of the 4 wheels … bikes for life …..

31. 31 Southcoast Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:35 am

Nice to hear this ! Good Luck Jesse !

32. 32 Charles Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:36 am

hope he will enjoy his work again.

33. 33 David Cole Grey Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:45 am

Great news. I am delighted to hear you will be building bikes again. The Sturgis Special is still the screen saver on my home computer.

My best wishes to you and yours as you relaunch THE name in custom bikes. Welcome back!

34. 34 roscoe Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:50 am

A talented guy no doubt, but he sure comes across as a Douche on the television.

35. 35 LenNY Sinnet Feb 10th, 2013 at 11:06 am

Congratulations Jesse Great news …. Wish I was back in So Cal…

36. 36 ian Feb 10th, 2013 at 11:10 am

every business needs its stars and Jesse James is one of the best – glad he is back and I will get me some of those converse style boots!

37. 37 Chode Feb 10th, 2013 at 11:14 am

What will this mean for Austin Speed Shop?

38. 38 jason grimes Feb 10th, 2013 at 11:21 am

Look forward to seeing what he builds… No dought the man’s got skills.welcome back Jessie.

39. 39 Ironhead_79 Feb 10th, 2013 at 11:21 am

Awesome news! Every single bike I’ve owned (even though they’ve all been Sportsters because I can’t afford anything else lol) has had at least 1 WCC part on it somewhere. My favorite bike I’ve owned was a 1979 Ironhead Sortster, hence my sig ironhead_79. That bike I built from the ground up myself over a couple years and when it was done, I was told by many that they could tell I was a Jesse James fan. I had to sell it because of financial issues a few years ago to help my family, but hopefully with Jesse starting over it’ll give me the push to start buying parts here and there and get another scooter going. Good Luck Jesse, hope the best for you!

40. 40 Peter Rumsey Feb 10th, 2013 at 11:22 am

Some of the best news I read in along time!!! Now I can finish my cfl:)
    All the best Jesse!!!

41. 41 neil wheater Feb 10th, 2013 at 11:24 am

brilliant news the chopper scene was not the same without you.

42. 42 SOCALRICK Feb 10th, 2013 at 11:26 am

I’m ready to start building another WCC, great news!

43. 43 Sturgis Rider Feb 10th, 2013 at 11:40 am

Jesse James deserves the accolades of the motorcycle industry in bringing custom culture and custom bikes to the mainstream, but with respect – I don’t think the brand currently has much equity or goodwill. As the celebrity status of Jesse James grew, he relied less and less on West Coast Choppers, thus alienating his customers. How many times does Jesse James expect his customers to embrace him and the WCC brand only to be kicked to the curb once he signs a new television show, gets married-divorced or has some new side project?

Jesse, you are an icon in the industry. Bring the excitement and passion back to custom culture and custom motorcycles by again earning the respect of motorcycle consumers the old fashioned way. The way you did during the Camel Roadhouse Tour days, going to events, interacting with customers, selling quality parts and merchandise under your new Austin Speed Shop brand. Forget West Coast Choppers. We have. Come at us from a new angle, regain our respect if your intentions are true. But for now, we do not trust you or the West Coast Choppers brand any more than Orange County Choppers. Sustainability, trust. authenticity please.

44. 44 Jusmecuz Feb 10th, 2013 at 11:43 am

This is great news… MUCH respect for what he brings and who he is… a TRUE fabricator.

45. 45 Live to ride Feb 10th, 2013 at 11:45 am

Can’t believe people think he is such a great artist, builder of bikes.
    Guys a scam. Want some of his stuff? Have to wait until the boat lands
    With his stuff from China. You think he makes all his own stuff? Not
    A chance. He isn’t true to the old chopper guys. They built em with
    Made in the USA parts.

46. 46 denis theberge Feb 10th, 2013 at 11:48 am

awsome..most true artist go through alot of shit of ups and downs..in this crasy world…glad to hear he still as the hammer in hand..can’t wait to see the new rides and stuff..stay up-right friend lots of us miss that riders glide and wrap. M.L.L.R.

47. 47 GuitarSlinger Feb 10th, 2013 at 11:54 am

Glad he’s back with the bikes again and here’s hoping he’ll keep his head on his shoulder this time and not let himself be blinded by celebrity …… and errr…. Jesse …… tell the networks where to shove it should they come sniffing around … you don’t need them ;-)

48. 48 Butteryams Feb 10th, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Hell yeah Jesse James is back,a real Fabricator of style and personality giving the west coast the attitude people sought after!Glad to see you back bro and your other show bitchin!

49. 49 Hendrick Rods & Kustoms Feb 10th, 2013 at 12:06 pm

A great down to roots talented guy Jesse is. Glad to see this news! Good luck man!

50. 50 doc Feb 10th, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Splitting time with A.S.S. ? Where will he be for LSRU weekend?

51. 51 Jusmecuz Feb 10th, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Do your thing, Jesse. You live, you learn… you move forward. This is the custom motorcycle industry, not the American Medical Association. The dust will settle.

All that matters is that you push forward doing what you know and love. Outside your family, you don’t need anyone’s approval.

52. 52 Nikki Feb 10th, 2013 at 12:28 pm

No one can compare to Jessie James talent, not even close! He has always been an amazing fabricator. Im glad he’s back! Jessie you were missed!

53. 53 Lon Nordbye Feb 10th, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Best to Jesse James and West Coast Choppers. :-)

54. 54 Alcohtraz Feb 10th, 2013 at 12:39 pm

AS HE SHOULD! The brand should be resurrected. Even I bought into it for its quality and meaning which is funny cuz I hardly am ever sold on anything. Wasnt me with the COKE shirt or the Jordans back in the day. Today a WCC CFL remains in my steed and will always remain there! Good Luck Jesse James!

55. 55 Nate Feb 10th, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Great news. I was always supporter but I just really lost interest when Jesse basically “sold out”. He was the original and was the only one who could build a bike himself. No crew…no mail order parts…no BS. Then the media juggernaut got a hold and changed everything. I hope it’s truly back to roots and no more lame ass discovery channel shows…showdowns or what have ya. Build ‘em….sell ‘em. I hope he does what he started to do. Remember…it all started out in a home garage building for friends. If that mantra comes shining through then I’ll be back on the WCC train and support one of the original, true builders in this industry. Keep it real Jess and thanks for the news Cyril.

56. 56 robin Feb 10th, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Jesse is back assholes from PJD!!!!

57. 57 Curt! Feb 10th, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Jesse is a brilliant metal worker, and possibly a great snake-oil salesman, but anybody that has so little respect for his customers to have a tattoo that says “Pay Up SUCKER” will never get a dollar from me.

58. 58 Hambone Feb 10th, 2013 at 1:23 pm

‘Bout friggin time….still loving my
    cfl!

59. 59 Duane Ballard Feb 10th, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Best of luck.

60. 60 Robert Feb 10th, 2013 at 1:49 pm

That’s the way it should be go get Emma Jesse let nobody stand in your way you are the number one in your work and style bring it back and bring it back stronger then ever. GOD bless you mr Jesse

61. 61 Bruce Reynard Feb 10th, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Go, Jesse go.

62. 62 dave lerud Feb 10th, 2013 at 2:02 pm

The best there is,the best there was and best there ever will be. Thats Jesse James

63. 63 ron Feb 10th, 2013 at 2:21 pm

I have always like the WCC stuff and was really sad when he shut it down. Congrats and all the best.

64. 64 Larry R Feb 10th, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Glad your back Jesse! Thanks Cyri for the info.

65. 65 Eliud Feb 10th, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Great news!… thnkx Cyril for the heads up!!

Always a fan an a inspiration for all of Us Grease Monkeys.

Wishing all the LUCK in the WORLD, not that He needed, His craftsmanship is the one that do all the talking.

Welcome Back Jesse!! Welcome Back West Coast Choppers!!

66. 66 iozadore007@aol.com Feb 10th, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Jesse, glad your going to build $80 grand customs again. please don’t raise your prices anymore?

67. 67 dennis cochran Feb 10th, 2013 at 3:09 pm

CFL

68. 68 lonestar Feb 10th, 2013 at 3:17 pm

sturgis rider = toolbag!

i think threw all the bs in the last few years jesse has continued to do what he wanted to do regardless of what others may have said about him..slander him or make him out to be sum hardcore monster..lol he is who he is and like myself an many others sum of us just dont care what you think is good or bad, we are going to do what we want to do and thats that.. buy it if you want it..dont follow us if you hate us..eather way we are who we are and nobody is going to tell us how to live being half these hater hacks dont even know what living is!

69. 69 domino Feb 10th, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Look at all these posts, I am worn out just reading them all…

As Jesse’s life coach I would have to say, “build bikes, stay off television.”

70. 70 lonestar Feb 10th, 2013 at 3:23 pm

and for the haters that are still talking smack about WWC & JJ..email me an ill send ya sum free stickers lol

71. 71 John Petra Feb 10th, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Cyril scans the whole industry 24/365 for the good & bad news. A big one in the folder Good News.

72. 72 rags Feb 10th, 2013 at 3:54 pm

welcome back jesse.ready for some new parts

73. 73 golfish Feb 10th, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Are we talking a brick and mortar store?

74. 74 Seymour Feb 10th, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Jesse james owes me 5 bucks, that’s all i care about

75. 75 Lyman Feb 10th, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Now that all the crazy circus crap has gone to the wayside from the industry and “culture” the true craftsman have made it through! With the relaunch of WCC all we need is for Billy Lane to get back in the game when he returns! Our culture is starting to regain it’s SOUL. Shit, maybe the powers that be will get it too and quit gouging brothers and sisters for rooms and with tickets when we visit their towns! Ok, I am off my soap box- Congrats Jesse-

76. 76 John K Feb 10th, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Awesome news!

77. 77 Texx Feb 10th, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Great news… Jesse is getting back to his roots.

78. 78 Russ Feb 10th, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Welcome back Jesse !! Awesome news from an AWESOME GUY. I’m a big fan of your work and your ideas are INSANE !!! Glad to see great things happening to GREAT PEOPLE.
    ROCK ON JESSE, ROCK THE F*** ON !!!!

79. 79 Eddie Trotta Feb 10th, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Great news , congrats to Jessie , this might be the shot in the arm the
    chopper world needs right now , just please
    Don’t let me here your changing your name
    To west coast baggers , we will all welcome
    The day we see you at Daytona or Sturgis ,
    You were missed ,

80. 80 bigsean Feb 10th, 2013 at 7:41 pm

Just want to say Jesse was my inspiration to be a welder I’ve followed that dream and am glad I did I meet Jesse at the drag races six months ago and he was so totally down to earth I am still tryn to this day to get some kinda move in the bike industry that’s my piece kick ass Jesse !!!!

81. 81 Tom Feb 10th, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Only had the opportunity to see him once in person. Wish I could say it was a good experience. It was at Daytona Bike Week, he had a vendor display set up on main street blasting rap music with constant 4 letter words, and I watched him holler at somebody and flip off the crowd with both hands. Needless to say didn’t purchase any west coast choppers items.

82. 82 paul Feb 10th, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Domino
    ” As Jesse’s life coach I would have to say, “build bikes, stay off television.” ”

He will never be able to do that.
    His personal life sucks and he seems to never learn from his personal
    mistakes. Kind of a kid that never grows up. He needs attention.

To bad. He seems to be a talented guy with his hands. With the coin he has. He should have opened up shop in the middle of nowhere and every time a film or tv crew would come around he should tell them to F^*&# off and lead a simple life with a good woman to come home at night to

83. 83 Jeff Nicklus Feb 10th, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Welcome back JJ! All I can say is: It is about time!

As by friend Trotta said…..No friggin Bagger crap please!

Over & Out,

Jeff

84. 84 Shovelshot Feb 10th, 2013 at 8:55 pm

The only true builder left. The best builder around. Just ask him.

85. 85 Hamilton Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Cyril & Jesse. No builders understand better how to use and exploit the web. Congrats Cyril. Congrats Jesse.

86. 86 nicker Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:48 pm

RE:
    “…The more difficult it was to order a custom from him, buy one of his parts, or a piece of his logo gear and clothing, the bigger the WCC brand grew…”

There’s a lesson here: “…Less is More…”

Less moreonics, More custom work.
    (i.e. less Pay-up Sucker, more Plenishing hammer)

Plenty of money in selling Chinese-made T-shirts.
    Hell it worked for OCC…………….. :-)

And welcome back!

-nicker-

87. 87 Bryan Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Cyril loves it when we go above 100 comments. Let’s go…

88. 88 JohnyLetGo Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:53 pm

I want a CFL chassis.

89. 89 Ruud Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Now that’s good news, the master builder back in business. Can’t wait to see your next bike. Goodluck Jesse!

90. 90 Spencer Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Cyril. You wrote a great text for Jesse. I think he derserves it although we all know he got some serious flaws.

91. 91 P. Rogers Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:58 pm

In Austin!. Should be called South Coast Choppers. But West Coast Choppers got more value (smile)

92. 92 Romano Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I bet that Junior & Senior will never make a come back like Jesse. Gtreat!

93. 93 burnout Feb 10th, 2013 at 9:59 pm

This is good news! peace

94. 94 Slim Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Exclusive parts mean more expensive than before? Hope not. Jesse, let’s see if you still have the magic stuff.

95. 95 sollis Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:16 pm

@ Slim he is closer to Mexico now parts should be cheaper i say LOL

96. 96 Martin Hunt Feb 10th, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Life is short Jesse, you are going about it the proper way this time around!
    Stay Free!!!

97. 97 Rhonda Feb 10th, 2013 at 11:30 pm

Thank God…finally….somebody who thrives to do their best and isn’t in it for the drama…..always a Jesse fan……

98. 98 Alcohtraz Feb 11th, 2013 at 12:26 am

#100……. there…

99. 99 Deb45y Feb 11th, 2013 at 1:01 am

That’s great news……Glad he’s back. Now lets get back to the good ol days of riding & 2013 Hollister Rally …it’s gonna be a good year!! P.s. Jesse you wanna buy 27 cases of West Coast Chopper Sticker Packs? Lol

100. 100 Dave Catman Butler Feb 11th, 2013 at 3:12 am

Just asking, that you keep me posted, and I’ll for sure, keep you posted…Good to know your back up, and lighting the wick…Respects…

101. 101 Ronnie Feb 11th, 2013 at 3:56 am

Hey, Cyril it was not in your 2013 predictions. But you listed only 10. Must ave been the 11th… (Smile) Jesse, welcome back in our world.

102. 102 JC Feb 11th, 2013 at 4:07 am

A great news for a great builder.
    Have a long time for the new WCC.

103. 103 Spidey Feb 11th, 2013 at 6:30 am

That are the best news for a long time. I like Jesse james and West Coast Choppers. I hope he visit also Germany in the next time. See you

104. 104 Midas Feb 11th, 2013 at 8:53 am

Hopefully the business will be in Austin?

105. 105 calif phil Feb 11th, 2013 at 8:55 am

That is good news for the industry. I hope it translates into sales for my store like it did after Motorcycle Mania hit the airwaves. Welcome back WCC

106. 106 Rick Lossner Feb 11th, 2013 at 9:02 am

107 comments already here as I type this… that in itself, says something.

Hopefully Jesse will stay in Austin … maybe….. even locate the business itself there?

Welcome ‘back’ Jesse!~

107. 107 baggerdude Feb 11th, 2013 at 9:10 am

I have missed his arrogance and talent. Look forward to great bikes and soap opera life.

108. 108 A 1 CYCLES INC. Feb 11th, 2013 at 9:19 am

110 COMMENTS….HES STILL RELATIVE AND STILL AMAZING..HE NEVER LEFT, HIS WORK AND SPIRIT WERE ALWAYS ALIVE IN EVERY BUILDERS PASSION AND DRIVE TO MAKE COOL STUFF….MY FAVORITE QUOTE OF HIS..USE IT EVERY DAY AND I THINK MORE BUILDERS AND MECHANICS SHOULD “ITS EITHER RIGHT OR ITS SHIT” THANKS FOR INSPIRING ME JJ…WELCOME BACK.

109. 109 live2rideaglide Feb 11th, 2013 at 9:42 am

Great, glad to see it. I need a new pair of JJ boots. Bought em at Wally World for 20 bucks , after they dumped Jesse . Best boots I ever wore. Jesse you are the chopper building riding man.

110. 110 Gina Woods Feb 11th, 2013 at 10:22 am

Right on Jesse!

111. 111 Tom S Feb 11th, 2013 at 10:34 am

Great news!! Jesse is the best. We miss you here in the LBC.

112. 112 Bigitch Feb 11th, 2013 at 10:52 am

All of the comments that praise this announcement must have been the ones that voted for him on the build off show. Must be looking for a new t.v. show

113. 113 doug e Feb 11th, 2013 at 10:55 am

welcome back bro………

114. 114 Bigalyts Feb 11th, 2013 at 11:11 am

cyril please post: HOWARD STERN and I want to know; How do you get turned on looking at all those Tatoo’s when you are having Sex? We understend a piercing or two! I am going to email Howard the answer, cause I don’t believe Benji & JD know anything about the Talent on Cyrils Blog, YET!

115. 115 Kirk Perry Feb 11th, 2013 at 11:13 am

Custom bikes in California the likes of 1969?

California still has a (500 max.) special construction permits issued on the first DMV day of business every first week of January. Bring your sleeping bag and camp stove the day before the DMV opens.

It would be worth the effort to create a larger “special construction” permit base. We all know the special construction bikes aren’t for the most part, daily riders. The assemblyman that created the 500 permit per year cap is long gone from the scene.

It’s been my experience that if you don’t like someone (adios Pope Ratzinger) that you can petition…. and make change, if you turn the juice on full force and go for the juggler vein of the problem.

I’ve seen Caif. compliant “corked” motors with the finned rocker box connector and tubes.. and it’s not pretty.

Whatchagonna use for a motor in the new West Coast Choppers. EPA compliant knucks with a spill-over Linkert? You could if it were a legal kit that was assembled by a B.A.R. licensed shop. Right? It’s in the “Item G.” paragraph form the EPA March 2010 “suggestions” for kit-builds.

Or, maybe just sell a lot of M/C related “stuff” is the only outlet these days.

Knuckle & Pan motors make the best chops.

116. 116 ray Feb 11th, 2013 at 11:28 am

is jesses going to still sing for jackyl at the full throttle?

117. 117 Dave Feb 11th, 2013 at 1:09 pm

This is good news.
    I heard Jesse claimed to be the only builder to use the big twin engine in a custom sport bike chassis during the last tv drama. That is not correct. Lost a lot of respect with that obvious wrong claim.

Can’t imagine if someone said shit like that about his work, so don’t do it to others.

118. 118 Steve Carr Feb 11th, 2013 at 1:54 pm

my simple observation …. be it right wrong or worthless,

It seems as if he started the wave in early 2000′s, it got saturated, he backed out for a while till most fell to the wayside. Steps back in, and he is back, seemingly all in a class by himself and at the forefront again. lets hope there will be a 2nd wave so we can all do what we love but this time do it for the right reasons, not to try and get rich and become rock stars, but to be able to do what we all love and provide the best product we can at a price that is reasonable.

Steve Carr
    LRM Cycles

119. 119 Cochise Feb 11th, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Perhaps his 1st build could be a freebie for a Long Beach legend, CJ Allen, who at 71 would love to take a ride back to the West Coast, from KY, to see brothers there, while he is still able.

120. 120 MADrider Feb 11th, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Good News . I uswd to go and ride to his shop in LB many times. He is what you see, he doesn’t baffle you with BS. His talent , his insite, his instinct for bikes is uncanny. GOOD NEWS. I do wonder where the brick and mortar shop will be at his home shop makes sense, all the equipment is there, the tax situation is more buisness freindly in TX . GREAT TO SEE YOU BACK TO BUILDING BIKES AGAIN.

121. 121 Rodent Feb 11th, 2013 at 3:27 pm

If all you commenters spend some money with Jessie he’ll do OK

122. 122 Sid Feb 11th, 2013 at 4:54 pm

@Steve Carr -

great comments.

I think the Same thing happened with the micro brews in early 90s vs. 2005+. Much better beer now that the first wave of pretenders are onto something else.

123. 123 chopperdude Feb 11th, 2013 at 5:14 pm

yea i saw him at the full throttle singing thurs nite, his band is really good, i didnt know he also built choppers.

124. 124 Zipper Feb 11th, 2013 at 6:08 pm

Beyond yawn. ..z

125. 125 Shuvlhd Feb 11th, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Welcome back WCC – Choppers For Life!!!!

126. 126 Paul Jr. Feb 11th, 2013 at 6:47 pm

If he builds a bike with 36 inch wheels he stole that idea from me.

127. 127 domino Feb 11th, 2013 at 6:55 pm

@ Paul Jr… don’t get your panties all in a bunch!!.. hahahahaha

128. 128 Randy Feb 11th, 2013 at 6:56 pm

Yawn….

129. 129 Septic the Sceptic Feb 11th, 2013 at 9:29 pm

I want a stock specced CFL2 please.

130. 130 Travis Feb 11th, 2013 at 10:47 pm

@pauljr hey paulie shouldnt you be ordering your next frame

131. 131 courtney Feb 12th, 2013 at 1:33 am

Awesome news. Hope it’s all on TV, too!

132. 132 Jezza Feb 12th, 2013 at 3:36 am

This has got to be good for the chopper industry, and what’s good for them is good for the whole V-Twin industry. Welcome back Jesse, this is great news!

133. 133 Milwaukee Belle Feb 12th, 2013 at 5:04 am

Unka Jesse is back : this is for me the BEST news ever .

134. 134 Paul Sr. Feb 12th, 2013 at 8:06 am

this is great news, I’m tired of being the best anyway.

plus, I got enough to do on the farm, with all the animals and cars that need to be kept up!

I’m out….

135. 135 Mike Corbin.com Feb 12th, 2013 at 8:23 am

You are the longest running motorcycle show on TV , Paul.

136. 136 gangster Feb 12th, 2013 at 9:09 am

CONGRATZ…IT’S A BOUT TIME…HOPEFULLY THIS WILL GIVE OUR INDUSTRY A LITTLE KICK IN THE BUTT…JESSE WELCOME BACK…LH&R…

137. 137 rebel Feb 12th, 2013 at 9:26 am

Welcome back, like ya’ ever really left. LONG LIVE LONG BIKES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

138. 138 Heavy Metal Feb 12th, 2013 at 12:19 pm

All these comments prove how much Jesse worship there still is.

139. 139 chopperhead Feb 12th, 2013 at 12:38 pm

he needs to quit kissing michael ballards…. and get his own show, just go own tour with his band, that would be enough entertainment

140. 140 chopperhead Feb 12th, 2013 at 12:40 pm

ps i like his look alot better with short hair,

141. 141 nz Feb 12th, 2013 at 8:41 pm

just hope you get rid of the floosies and focus on your bikes and not your dick.

142. 142 curtis Feb 12th, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Read Luke 15: 11-32. You have come back, but we ain’t your father. You better show us something!!

143. 143 nicker Feb 12th, 2013 at 9:37 pm

RE:
    “…If he builds a bike with 36 inch wheels he stole that idea from me…”

36 inch MC wheels aren’t an “idea,” they’re more like a “brain-fart”…… :-)

-nicker-

144. 144 Jason neel Feb 13th, 2013 at 2:29 am

I like hearing this. Good job outta you Jesse. Seems like there are a lot of confused people on here. I dont mind cause they dont matter

145. 145 Nick Feb 13th, 2013 at 3:02 am

Shit has come full circle. “Time to build stuff”

146. 146 Wolfman Frank Feb 13th, 2013 at 8:56 am

Jesse has made a great decision. Just not the same on the chopper scene without WCC.
    Welcome back Man ! Frank G. Wolfman Cycles NC

147. 147 Hugh G Rection Feb 14th, 2013 at 7:05 am

Doesn’t he have several ex wives to support? This will help write the checks. Congrats to the most ego-maniacal welder on the planet for launching his t-shirt line again.

148. 148 Mike Corbin.com Feb 14th, 2013 at 8:56 am

It is good to know who invented wheels (:-)

149. 149 Ironworker Feb 14th, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Welcome back Jesse! Best news I’ve heard in a long time. I’m beholden to you since you inspired me years ago to become a welder and blacksmith. Once the dust settles how about continuing more installments in your Metal Church series? Pull the hood down, strike an arc, and build some cool s#&t!

John in CT

150. 150 chicagojohn Feb 15th, 2013 at 2:59 pm

I dream in CFL

151. 151 Brandon Feb 15th, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Welcome back. Put the bolt on queens that think they are fabricators to shame. Thanks for putting the spotlight back on skills in skilled trades.

152. 152 Grey Beard Feb 15th, 2013 at 11:34 pm

Excellent business move. While your name is still fresh in the minds of the custom bike building field and now that OCC is out of the picture, they can’t over shadow you and your work. Thumbs up to your business advisor.
    The market has changed, to many got raped during the “chopper craze”, paying outrageous prices for parts and bikes, the big bucks ain’t there.
    Good luck.

153. 153 Rick Feb 18th, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Bout fucking time. You were missed.

154. 154 steve campbell Feb 21st, 2013 at 4:52 pm

thank you for not quitting. . You are the best bike builder in the world. It would be ashame to let your many talents not be seen by the world.

155. 155 Brian Andrews Feb 22nd, 2013 at 2:22 am

Well,it’s about time you came back Jesse.Congrats man…..

156. 156 DK Feb 23rd, 2013 at 11:32 am

Man… I wish Jesse all the best with that! He’s going to have to bring something new to the bike scene now that most people consider themed choppers passé. Remember when people were paying $60K for “custom” choppers that had a rigid frame, 1 gallon tank and no room for a passenger? You can find a ton of that junk now days going for around $10K, which is what they were always worth in the first place.

I’m guessing you know who John Shope from Sinister Industries is. John made the transition into the custom bagger and bagger parts market with a ton of success.

While there is no doubt that Jesse is a talented fabricator and interesting story, his public image is a “magnitude 100″ on the douche-bag scale which seriously hurt his brand. I was at a bar several months back and saw several WCC stickers artfully stuck inside the urinals and it struck me at how sad the brand is now. Consumers speak with their wallets and when they don’t like what you stand for, they show it by buying somewhere else. I hope Jesse figured that part out for all the crap he has taken in the media. His work is so amazing and unique, it actually pisses me off when I think about how much damage has been done to his brand.

Certainly there will always be a market for the kinds of bikes Jesse is known for and the quality of fit and finish only Jesse can deliver. I hope he will take a cue from the Ness’, Roland Sands, Carl Brouhard, John Shope, Paul Yaffee’s Bagger Nation and others who are just crushing it in the aftermarket arena and make some cool parts that fit “regular guys” bikes like my bagger and friend’s Dyna. Oh and PLEASE… no more Maltese cross air cleaner covers! LOL

157. 157 Dirk Shakealeg Feb 23rd, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Hope he build’s alot ‘ol school bike’s w/ some badassed tank’s that could hold alotta’ gas man, ?

158. 158 Ron Feb 28th, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Great news, welcome back to a true craftsman.

159. 159 Jersey Slick Mar 14th, 2013 at 3:01 am

Welcome back Jesse,no one could build like you. You were the first and still the best motorcycle show and builder ,you led the way for all those assholes to make an undeserved Buck.
    Now it’s time to put the past behind . The media destroyed you ,but they only shoot the ducks in the sky. But they can’t take away your talent. Keep being Jesse James a true biker.

160. 160 "GUNS" Mar 23rd, 2013 at 11:53 am

Welcome back Jesse, from Daytona Beach! Look forward to seeing you around, thanks for being real.

161. 161 Ian Bettison Mar 24th, 2013 at 8:14 am

The worlds best bike builder is back just needs a show like occ but without all the drama just bike building what he dose best

162. 162 steve miele Mar 26th, 2013 at 5:57 pm

yo jesse james rides again sooo cool cant wait . you again will breath life into our industry thank you for sharing your incredible talent,and work ethic . i just gotta say u are so inspiriational for so many people . we dont give two shits about wher you put your dick . frankly everyone wishes they had your game so fuckem lets hold it wfo luv ya bro

163. 163 LevvyD Mar 28th, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Dude,

So stoked to hear that, it will be great to see you in action again. Way to go on the wedding too-Congrats!!

164. 164 RYDER Apr 12th, 2013 at 8:00 pm

HEY JESSE. FTW
    KEEPIN IT REAL
    CFL
    SEE YOU AT STURGIS 2013

165. 165 steven May 11th, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Im so glad the masters returned to his gift. I still wish ur bikes were more affordable to people like me. All the greatest to james from queens ny.

166. 166 Glenda May 14th, 2013 at 12:44 am

Well done jess I live in victoria Australia and am so glad to see u back into it
    Could u please let me know if I can put a bigger motor in a 250 yamaha virgo 1985 with to much
    of a problem many thanks

167. 167 peterpuckfan May 22nd, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Hes the most self righteous, horn tooting, ignoramous walking the planet. He loves to talk himself up while putting others down. Obviously has some issues he doesn’t wan`t to face.

Used to like him, but have seen many like him in my lifetime,,,only out for himself…Some people just fall into a good place even when they don`t deserve it….Oh and JR kicked his butt twice on national TV, yet he trashes him at any opportunity…love it. JR took you to School.

168. 168 Frank g Jun 7th, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Welcome Back Jesse Its about time a real metal god builds real deal bikes again

169. 169 Dannie Valles Jul 17th, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Welcome back! Thanks for reminding people that you are not a second class person if you work with your hands.

1. 1 Exclusive: Jesse James Is Relaunching West Coast Choppers. | International Automotive News | Scoop.it Pingback on Feb 10th, 2013 at 10:20 am
  2. 2 WEST COAST CHOPPERS BACK IN BUSINESS - BIKERPICS.ORG Pingback on Feb 10th, 2013 at 7:27 pm
  3. 3 Breaking News: Jesse James Re-launches WCC « eBikerLeather.com Pingback on Feb 11th, 2013 at 12:55 pm
  4. 4 Oil Drippings: Venting in Winter | Pingback on Feb 13th, 2013 at 10:18 am