A Special Custom Motorcycle About To Be Born…

In their Mad Jap Kustoms shop in Calgary,Canada Dale Yamada and Lock Baker are building a new very special project for the upcoming Born Free 5 Bike Show (Saturday June 29 at Oak Canyon Ranch in Silverado, California). I show you a lot of custom bikes when completed. Here is one in the making.

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

18 Responses to “A Special Custom Motorcycle About To Be Born…”

1. 1 Matt Olsen Feb 22nd, 2013 at 9:36 am

Dale and Lock are two very talented and great people. Lock helped me out on my born free bike last year and taught me a lot. these guys rule

2. 2 hammer102 Feb 22nd, 2013 at 1:59 pm

If anyone left a chuck key in a lathe in my workshop I’d hang em out to dry by their nuts! Almost the biggest sin in the workshop.

3. 3 Sugar Bear Feb 22nd, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Hammer102, which is the bigger sin…… chuck key in lathe or cutting on the lathe with no eye protection?

4. 4 Iron Horse Feb 22nd, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Sugar Bear…YES to both. I work in a machine shop and constantly see my fellow workers thinking that they have bullet proof eyeballs. They look at you like you have a third head when you say something about eye protection, so guess they’ll have to learn the hard way. Sucks to be them when it happens…and it will happen!

5. 5 Matt Olsen Feb 22nd, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Good Points Sugar bear, iron Horse and Hammer 102 I wear glasses, so I dont have to worry about eye protection, most of the time. Since you guys brought up safety, I figured I would share my favorite psa from the ultimate warrior. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebN17xoJbLg safety never rests!

6. 6 Motodavide Feb 22nd, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Sound advice,I always think of a good one” dress for the crash not the ride”.good advice for the shop too.these guys are so talented too,hope they read what you guys said and take heed.last years bikes blew my mind,mr. Olsens being one of them,can’t wait to see what this year brings.huge inspiration for little home builders like me.

7. 7 Richard Feb 22nd, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Hey Hammer are you sure you see a key in a lathe? Or is that an index on the milling machine? You know that key doesnt turn…

8. 8 hammer102 Feb 23rd, 2013 at 4:44 am

Richard.

You may be right.

Either way workshop safety should always be top priority. There are young builders coming through who need to learn that it’s not cool to ignore good practice. Maybe someone should show a video of an eyeball being popped out to clean metal grindings off it because it’s owner was “too cool” to wear eye protection.

Speaking as an apprentice trained engineer I remember too clearly the safety films we had to endure before we even got through the workshop door. They shocked everyone who saw them into respecting the the workshop environment the safety of coworkers.

Rant over.

9. 9 Richard Feb 23rd, 2013 at 10:17 am

Hey Hammer give it a rest… We get it ok ! Go away now and don’t forget to take your lonely pills and brush tour teeth after every meal!

10. 10 hammer102 Feb 23rd, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Richard.

I never forget to take my pills as I set an alarm (that isn’t too loud, don’t want to damage my ear drums) to remind me on the hour every 3 hours. I never over do the dosage, that would be most irresponsible.

I have an electric toothbrush by the sink which I feel the most efficient way to clean my teeth.

Now bore off and puff your chest out at someone else you cheesy helmet.

11. 11 Olive Oil Feb 24th, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Saw Tony Stewart today at Daytona grinding metal on his car with no eye protection!!

12. 12 Maddog Feb 25th, 2013 at 7:12 am

Motodavide , Does ” dress for the wreck” mean Don’t be Waring womens panties when you ride? Or what ?

13. 13 TPJ Customs Feb 25th, 2013 at 10:26 am

Again. A great video showing two of the most talented people in our industry doing there thing and we get 10 responses talk about shop safety and how cool the responders are. C’mon who gives a shit how others kepp themselves safe just check out there work you might learn something. Great job sale can’t wait to see you guys down there and see the work of art.

14. 14 Trapper Feb 25th, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Couldnt agree more TPJ …. I’m so sick of the “what if ” crowd and them imposing their idea of world order on me and others …. what if i go a whole life time without any thing bad happening????? If your “dressing for the wreck”your missing the point – get in a cage , put on your seat belt and hope the air bag works ….. Preach to your kids and your shop employees and “dont tread on me”….

15. 15 Chaos cycle Feb 25th, 2013 at 6:31 pm

Two talented guys get to gether and all we have are ten comments on their safety practices, you guys for real? Seriously? Well i guess haters gonna hate. cant wait to see the finished product

16. 16 A 1 CYCLES INC. Feb 26th, 2013 at 9:39 am

cool guys..and motorcycles and lathes are dangerous when used wrong..so shut up

17. 17 Motodavide Feb 26th, 2013 at 4:43 pm

The video sucked and besides the row of shovels didn’t show much of anything.i was trying to be positive and thought i was paying complements on last years bikes and these builders by saying they were inspirational.and when the older guys tell you to wear your goggles I have enough respect to agree with them.you don’t know how I live, sure as hell ain’t in a cage fool.

18. 18 Mario Kyprianides Feb 27th, 2013 at 9:29 am

Looking forwards to seeing the finished bike! Love your shit bra!!!

Indian Motorcycle