Historic Auction Of Painting “The Enthusiast” By David Uhl.

The-EnthusiastOn Friday night May 3, 2013, Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) will be hosting its 20th Annual Black ‘n Blue Ball in Milwaukee.  This event is designed to raise money for MDA and features several silent and live auction items.

In 2003, David Uhl painted “The Enthusiast” as part of Harley-Davidson’s 100th Anniversary celebration.  It graced the cover of the Enthusiast magazine that year and has become the most recognizable work in David’s 15-year association with The Motor Company.

Harley-Davidson bought the original painting in ’03 and has generously agreed to donate it as the signature item in the live auction at this year’s MDA event.  They’ve asked us to spread the word.  This stunning piece is oil on linen, measuring 48″ by 60″ and comes in a hand-made frame.

In addition to the people at the event bidding, MDA has set up phone-in bidding as well for those who won’t be attending. The bidding will start at $25,000.  Any person interested in bidding on the artwork will need to call MDA at 262-432-6798 before Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. (CDST) to register and pre-qualify.  These registered bidders will then be given information on how the bidding will occur at the Black-N-Blue Ball (an MDA Live Auction volunteer will call them approximately 30 minutes prior to the start of the Live Auction.)  The same volunteer will then call them back approximately five minutes before the auctioning off of “The Enthusiast” and will then stay on the phone with the bidder until the conclusion of the bidding).

For more information on the auction, click HERE. For more information on The Enthusiast, click HERE

12 Responses to “Historic Auction Of Painting “The Enthusiast” By David Uhl.”

1. 1 Rodent May 1st, 2013 at 5:02 pm

The question is whether the proceeds will be used to pay their exectives bloated salaries or used for actual research?

2. 2 nicker May 1st, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Much, much More than just an “Enthusiast”……..

Uhl has captured the essence of the “Rugged Individual” at the heart of American exceptionalism.

If you eat, sleep, dream, live & love motorcycling, that image represents the legacy bequeathed to you by “The Greatest Generation” …… (Hint: not the likes of Allan Alda).
    Now…… what you do with it from this point on is up to you.

Try not to fuck it up for the rest of us.

-nicker-

3. 3 uhl May 1st, 2013 at 10:59 pm

thanks for posting cyril, always an issue rodent, well said….. and nicker thanks for the depth of the narrative.

4. 4 mack May 2nd, 2013 at 11:00 am

Outstanding !!!!!…more than exceptional ,something anyone would be very proud to have …thanks David

5. 5 Steve The Producer Johann May 2nd, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Sweeeeeet! Nice work Dave even if it is a 2003 painting it’s still timeless and I would love to won a print of this.

Looking forward to having you on soon and seeing your two new works shortly!

6. 6 burnout May 2nd, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Cool. Nicker I have to clean my screen again…………peace

7. 7 Don Bashlline May 2nd, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Interested – One of my favorite Uhl’s -I’m interested -BUT -never saw it in person -SO size would be nice and will it be framed… what type of varnish or sealant was used the surface! or is exposed oil – Liquitex? If Sara Liberte gets near it, or has seen it – she could call me……… If I don’t win the auction – Sure would like a print..

8. 8 Joshua May 2nd, 2013 at 1:10 pm

I know Cyril has one numbered print…

9. 9 Cris Sommer Simmons May 2nd, 2013 at 1:39 pm

The is the first David Uhl print I ever bought. It is beautiful as are all of his paintings! He really understands the heartfelt connection between women and their motorcycles. These paintngs capture the spirit of these strong women. I was a huge fan long before I became the subject of one of David’s paintings “Leading Ladies”. I can’t wait to see what he does for the 110th. I have a feeling it’s going to be something spectacular.

10. 10 Roger Kerr May 3rd, 2013 at 7:57 am

One of the bests from Uhl.

11. 11 Paula May 3rd, 2013 at 12:45 pm

My favorite David Uhl painting. All the rest are my second favorite. I’m a big fan. I’m kicking myself that I didn’t buy this in Daytona several years ago.

12. 12 Blackmax May 3rd, 2013 at 3:32 pm

Outstanding !!!!
    that all I can say about art that REALLY captures what it’s all about
    Wish I could afford to bid …
    Way to go Mr Uhl !!!