Harley-Davidson World Ride Is June 23-24

World-Ride All riders from around the world are invited to join the Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.) in celebrating 110 Years of great riding and the 30th Anniversary of H.O.G.. as they enjoy the freedom of the open road during the 2013 Harley-Davidson World Ride on June 23-24. “Harley-Davidson is celebrating two big anniversaries this year, and the World Ride is a great way for riders around the world to celebrate them with us,” said Harley Owners Group Director Ken Knuteson. “For these two days in June, our members will join together to celebrate 110 years of great riding and share the special bond that unites all Harley riders.”

worldrideIn 2012, riders from 66 countries participated in the World Ride and collectively logged more than 7,800,000 miles. For 2013, H.O.G.’s goal is to raise the mileage total to more than 10 million miles. Whether it’s a ride across town or cross-country, or simply around the block to work, every mile counts and can be recorded by logging into Harley-Davidson’s online mileage accumulator at HD World Ride, where a rolling odometer will record the collective distance traveled by all participants.

At the completion of the ride, a commemorative certificate of participation can be printed to display each rider’s mileage total for the day and riders are invited to share their riding stories online through Harley-Davidson’s My Epic Ride experience. For more information about the Harley Owners Group visit hog.com.

7 Responses to “Harley-Davidson World Ride Is June 23-24”

1. 1 Rodent May 11th, 2013 at 9:27 am

Kind of stupid.! Just run the miles up on your bike and waste valuable resources because the motor company wants you to. Ride because YOU want to, for you’re enjoyment, not for the greedy reason to satisfy the manufacturer. They want you to ride to wear out your bike so you have to buy replacement parts. 10 million miles is great for them.

2. 2 Pabst Blue Rigid May 11th, 2013 at 12:49 pm

wow, first comment….really? haters always gonna hate, huh. so much envy for Harley & their success. why NOT encourage riding. it’s good for ALL in the industry. all the independent shops, companies, builders…Harley started this thing, and they have had the opportunity to “make better, different products,” performance pieces and so on. Baker need Harley to have a 5 speed so he could build a better 6 speed, S & S thanks Harley every day for the old Keihen carb that led to the Super b…and later the Super E & G….need i go on? ALL benefit. BUT, HARLEY & the MOTOR COMPANY started this…don’t forget that “rodent,” take your cheese…and your whine back in the corner, huh?

3. 3 Rodent May 12th, 2013 at 10:27 am

PBR
    You got a great name. A cheap drunk!

4. 4 Smittydog May 12th, 2013 at 11:04 am

I agree PBR.

5. 5 Rodent May 12th, 2013 at 12:09 pm

I first started riding because it was fun and it got me laid! Then for 15 years I didn’t own a 4 wheeler and rode in rain, snow, sun, hot& cold because I had to. Now I ride under my terms, if I want to, when I want to. I don’t ride at the bequest of a manufacturer!

6. 6 Road Glide May 13th, 2013 at 10:11 am

Great idea from the Greatest Motorcycle Group in the world. Harley has 75% of market share, everyone else scrambles for the remaining 15%. If you are lucky enough to own one, why not log in and enjoy the breeze in your knees. I’m 60 yrs young and have 97,500 klms on my 2008 Road Glide and enjoy every day I ride. When my knees give out, I’ll buy a Tri Glide.
    If you ride you will notice only 2 types of riders.
    Those that own a Harley, and those that dream of owning one.

7. 7 Soft Tail May 20th, 2013 at 11:56 am

Well said Road Glide, and absolutely true. My wife and I will be riding out of Daytona for this one.