Jesse James Loses Finger In Machine Accident. Not His Sense Of Humor.

Jesse James cut off his pinky finger while working in his home shop. His glove got caught in one of his machines, severing his finger. But Jesse being Jesse, he immediately posted graphic pictures of his cut off finger on Instagram, adding humorous comments. He even asked his doctor if he could reattach it upside down, just for fun. Jesse is back at work because as he says “”My World has No time for whiners or crybabies.”

Jesse-James-Finger1Jesse-James-Finger2

41 Responses to “Jesse James Loses Finger In Machine Accident. Not His Sense Of Humor.”

1. 1 Brutus May 24th, 2013 at 6:57 am

Everything negative happening to JJ is turned into a marketing casmpaign for his own benefit. Reason why Jesse James became Jesse James.

2. 2 Jose May 24th, 2013 at 7:35 am

Unfortunate for him that the cameras of the Discovery channel were not rolling at the time of the accident. Did they re-attach or is it gone forever?

3. 3 luis May 24th, 2013 at 7:58 am

Jesse James will never owe money to the Yakuza again!

4. 4 rebel May 24th, 2013 at 8:04 am

giving safety the finger !!!

5. 5 Rick miller May 24th, 2013 at 8:42 am

He meets the criteria and pre requisites to be an industrial arts teacher now.

6. 6 Terence Tory May 24th, 2013 at 8:42 am

He’s been givin’ the world the finger for years and now the world decided to bite back.The world got the finger!

7. 7 MrM May 24th, 2013 at 9:30 am

Wow, I mean the importance of this event as it pertains to the motorcycle industry is huge! Thank goodness for journalistic integrity, right? I read on another blog English Don passed away, but a finger tip is more important, I would suppose.

8. 8 chopmonster66 May 24th, 2013 at 9:36 am

THAT’S ONE CRAZY MOFO,

9. 9 The Supreme Team May 24th, 2013 at 9:36 am

Damn…so much for sipping tea with that hand.
    And Rick Miller…the shop teacher tells you not to wear gloves near the machines!
    Good luck on the healing Jesse…never a fun time reattaching body parts.

10. 10 Rigid May 24th, 2013 at 9:40 am

Mr.M. Before you comment, you should first look at the definition of integrity.

11. 11 Steelchoppin May 24th, 2013 at 10:14 am

I think he should sell it on Ebay or Etsy!

12. 12 JohnJ May 24th, 2013 at 10:15 am

Our shop teacher would call you a “bucket head” if you did something like that… and then again… I know machinist who go their whole lives, 40 plus years, and never get mangled… THAT is something to celebtate. Peace!

13. 13 MrM May 24th, 2013 at 10:19 am

really rigid? maybe we could look it up together?

14. 14 Kirk Perry May 24th, 2013 at 10:43 am

I think it about damn-time to start a motorcycle religion.

Yeah that’s right. We’ll sell “patron saint rights”. Wanna be the Saint of Ball Bearings? We’ve got that. Or, the Saint of Wheels, or Saint of Fuel?…… all open positions, with a guaranteed right of eternal life to all members, dues payers or not. The more the merrier.

Try us….. by God….

15. 15 MADrider May 24th, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Having cut off a finger and had it reatached. I can tell you tah is pain, never wear gloves near machinery. We all have our faults and so does he, most of us learn from our mistakes aand keep on. He will too but maybe he will be more careful next time. I do not know how he could go back to work after that traumatic of a injury though! He should take a little time off and heal even if he never had the tip reatched.

16. 16 TodT May 24th, 2013 at 4:40 pm

I’ll bet he’s eating a few Norco’s to keep that pinky from pounding……..

17. 17 burnout May 24th, 2013 at 5:05 pm

That’s gonna hurt later….. peace

18. 18 Zipper May 24th, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Finger tips are especially painful. I’m happy JJ has such a good attitude over his. I know if that happened to me I’d be pissed at myself for the FU and have a permanent reminder. ..Z

19. 19 Sharrack May 24th, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Lost Some of my own 1.5 yrs ago…….. His is just a scratch in the grand scheme of things.
    Once you get into ligaments,tendons and nerves….things get much more interesting.

20. 20 Sharrack May 24th, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Zipper…….mine was workplace related….and yes, i was pissed in a big way……at the world …for about
    A month…..then i picked myself up, recovered and can do ” most ” of what i did before.
    Guitar…… A bit rough!!

21. 21 Tussuck May 25th, 2013 at 6:36 am

Enough of this clown… Certainly not a role model anymore!

22. 22 Terence Tory May 25th, 2013 at 6:43 am

Tussuck.I tend to agree with your opinion.Every dog has his day.

23. 23 Motorcycle Marc May 25th, 2013 at 9:23 am

Tough Motha…had to sting big time…

24. 24 parts359 May 25th, 2013 at 11:03 am

It should have been his head

25. 25 Peetsa pie May 25th, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Jessie who? Go away Im watching Fast and Loud.

26. 26 Martin Twofeather May 25th, 2013 at 6:12 pm

English Don did pass away another lost talent and funny guy….

27. 27 rebecca May 25th, 2013 at 6:28 pm

WOW….lots of meanies out there! Heal up quick buddy!

28. 28 Kirk Perry May 26th, 2013 at 1:03 am

My brother ran his index finger (the one this fellow is hollering at) – through a Cushman Eagle primary sprocket (here I go with another frickin’ Cushman story) when he was greasing it by hand. 🙂
    Most Eagles (his a dirty-white ’58) had that 5″ pulley for a V-belt, but Cushman had a chain-drive for paper-carriers – a smaller exposed transmission sprocket.
    He had it up on blocks, with the motor running (because kids are stupid) and it vibrated into 2nd gear and spun his finger through the sprocket real quick. I didn’t see it happen, but stood around with him, while ma’ got the Buick backed-out.
    His finger didn’t have that “chainsaw look” as Jessie’s (balls shriveling…damn man!), but it had some twisted-white on the end.
    I’ve never really looked at his fingers since. But, they’re right, you don’t want a “dead-end” if your doing machine work.
    When I was in charm school at Lompoc, myself and a writer
    worked as scrub assistants in the 3rd floor surgery suite, for two doctors, who opted for public service rather than a M.A.S.H tent in Vietnam.
    We amputated a patients little finger, because it hung useless and got in the way. When healed, he had felling all the way to the stump. Nerve groups grow in little yellow colonies along limb tissue – careful not to disturb them when you in there cutting.
    Heal faster with Neosporin® (white) vanishing cream. Really.

29. 29 MDSPHOTO May 26th, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Had my index finger totally severed by a chainsaw, it stung at first but with nerves gone it was not that painful. They were able to reattach, but i have very limited movement and can only partially bend it. But at least I still have it!

30. 30 D.J. Jenkins May 27th, 2013 at 8:33 am

I lost a big part of my middle finger last year, went through a chain and sprocket. Not sure what it was, the trauma of the whole thing, nerves shutting down, whatever but it really did not hurt when it happened. It hurt and ached after surgery but that was about it. I chose to not have mine re-attached because of the amount of recovery involved including Time, Money, Risk. They sewed me up “as is” and I was home the same night. The whole time before surgery they kept asking me if I worked with my hands a lot. They said that by re-attaching it, it most likely would have been a burden and got in the way. I can honestly say, even though I’m missing a little bit I am definitely 100% when it comes to building and working on things. One of the things I remember most about the day it happened is the guy in the room across from me while I was waiting on surgery. He was screaming and crying in pain because he had taken a fall and broke his femur. I my self would take a cut off finger any day over that.

31. 31 ChopperKulture May 27th, 2013 at 11:56 am

You have to love all these haters…..Lets face it bitches…JJ is sucessful and you are not!!!!!….If you were sucessful too, you d be busy with your suff instead of bitching about this, that or the other!…

32. 32 Rigid May 27th, 2013 at 12:05 pm

MrM. Readers seem more interested than what you think. Chopper Kulture just told you in the comment above. You must be a jealous, a loser.. MrM? Want to be called Mister? Status problem?

33. 33 Terence Tory May 27th, 2013 at 12:27 pm

ChopperKulture,If he was successful he’d still be married to the best catch of his life and not in court as much.Or losing a finger because he was dumb enough to wear gloves while using machinery.A first year machinist would never be foolish enough to wear gloves while operating machines.You seem to prove your own point,therefore you should be busy doing something else while wallowing in your own success instead of posting stuff here I guess.People who need heroes are mostly zeros in my experience.Envy is a sin by any standard.JJ was entertaining about five years ago,…..and now he’s just an “entertainer”. I’m way more successful in the “the keeping all my fingers attached to my hands while using machinery department”,by the way.

34. 34 Blackmax May 27th, 2013 at 4:17 pm

He’s tough !!!!!
    What else is there to say ?????

35. 35 Jusmecuz May 28th, 2013 at 9:49 am

The fact that he can find humor in that situation and even post pics up says a lot. A good friend of mine, Nine-Finger Joe (known by many) found no humor when he lost his bird finger in a serpentine belt drive. Well, he does now (esp when he gives someone the bird and draws only a nub)
    Point is, he’s prob one of the best mechanics I know. That kinda shit can happen to any of us, even the best.

He’ll heal up and sport a nub… that’s funny to think about.

36. 36 Flatiron May 28th, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Once again, Jesse demonstrates his “toughness”. Hey, Jess, it’s okay to feel pain and react like a man. Your response is testosterone-fueled bullshit. Too bad it wasn’t your middle finger. I’m sure you’d have some tasteless things to say about that! 🙁

37. 37 Sark May 28th, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Not much blood.

38. 38 uhl May 29th, 2013 at 8:08 am

humor?

39. 39 Gotham May 29th, 2013 at 8:15 am

Uhl. Humor or humour, the US and English way to spell it.

40. 40 ChopperKulture Jun 3rd, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Terence Troy, evidently you are an expert in marital affairs now too!….can t believe you even have an opinion about who he should or shouldn’t be fucking and who is the best catch of his life!
    I must say jealousy is a disease so get well soon bitch!

41. 41 Terence Tory Jun 3rd, 2013 at 1:59 pm

ChopperKulture Jealousy for a waning stars life? Surely you jest.Bromance can be a wonderful thing.I thought BatMan was great once,many years ago.

Crusher