Toasting 110th Harley-Davidson Anniversary With Miller High Life®

Harley-Davidson-MillerBorn across the street from each other in Milwaukee, Miller High Life and Harley-Davidson have been making timeless American products for 110 years. Now they’re making something together. Yesterday, Bill Davidson, vice-president of the Harley-Davidson Museum and great-grandson of Harley-Davidson co-founder William A. Davidson officially kicked-off a multi-year partnership with Miller High Life by helping brewmasters make a batch of the “Champagne of Beers.”

“It’s incredible to think that Harley-Davidson and Miller High Life were born on the same stretch of road 110 years ago,” Davidson said. “This partnership and our 110th Anniversary events in Milwaukee celebrate our common bonds, our shared history and our bright futures.”

The beer brewed with Davidson will be distributed like any other batch of High Life brewed in the Miller Brewery. Harley-Davidson and Miller High Life will also keep some of this batch aside to celebrate special occasions with consumers throughout the summer.

Harley-Davidson-Miller-bis “It’s an honor to brew a beer that has helped people celebrate the high points in daily life for 110 years,” said Dr. David Ryder, Miller High Life head brewmaster. “But to share this moment with Harley-Davidson and the Davidson family is truly special.”

Beyond the unique batch of brew, commemorative Harley-Davidson designs will be featured on Miller High Life cans and packaging. The partnership will bring customized Harley-Davidson motorcycles with Miller High Life graphics to participating retail stores. The brands will also rev up excitement by offering fans the chance to win exclusive prizes throughout the summer – including Harley-Davidson commemorative apparel and a Harley-Davidson motorcycle.

Fans can follow Miller High Life’s Facebook page to get information on promotions and events in their area. Now through the Harley-Davidson 110th Anniversary celebration in Milwaukee over Labor Day weekend, Harley-Davidson invites fans to showcase their favorite motorcycle rides this summer. Riders can simply go to www.h-d.com/110epicride and post their epic journeys. For more Harley-Davidson 110th Milwaukee event information and ticketing details, logon to www.h-d.com/110tickets.

30 Responses to “Toasting 110th Harley-Davidson Anniversary With Miller High Life®”

1. 1 Rodent May 25th, 2013 at 9:02 am

Is Miller an American Company?

2. 2 richard May 25th, 2013 at 9:49 am

rodent….you seem overly concerned about where things are made etc. May I ask what brand of motorcycle you ride?

3. 3 Rodent May 25th, 2013 at 10:08 am

Richard,
    When I was selling bikes I rode everything that they had, German, English, Italian, Japan. I’ve owned Norton, BMW, Guzi, Harley. So what’s your problem?

4. 4 BobS May 25th, 2013 at 10:24 am

Two very well marketed brands that produce rather mediocre products. And Miller is now based in Bangcock. Not really but by claiming so I get to say Bangcock.

5. 5 Tom May 25th, 2013 at 10:55 am

Oh No! The return of the beer can collectors!

6. 6 richard May 25th, 2013 at 11:53 am

rodent…No problem…you seem to harbor some kind of vendetta against the motor company. Since you ask the same question every time Harley makes a part, accessory, or clothing, It made me wonder if your ride was made in America. Also, you did not respond to my question as to what brand do you ride???

7. 7 Kirk Perry May 25th, 2013 at 12:23 pm

~ A Time Capsule Quote • Open in (5) yrs. ~ :

“If more people smoked cannabis than drank alcohol, the world would be a better place.”

8. 8 Rodent May 25th, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Richard,
    My last 3 rides were Harley’s!

9. 9 Boots May 25th, 2013 at 3:58 pm

It appears that Rodent has had a bad experience with Harley Davidson. It appears that he sits around his foreign made computer and waits for Cyril to post another HD story so he can relieve some of his pent up anxiety. What’s next? wanting to know where the ink comes from on the motorcycle brochures?
    Harley Davidson has been around for 110 years, through thick and thin(AMF)
    They are still made in America. This cannot be said for many icon American products such as Levi’s, Converse shoes and any television.
    I attended Carb Day at the Indy speedway yesterday and Harley out numbered other brands by at least 10-1. That is something to be proud of not something to criticize.

10. 10 morpion May 25th, 2013 at 4:51 pm

what made MILWAUKEE famous,,,,HARLEY-DAVIDSON and their BEERS

11. 11 domino May 25th, 2013 at 5:15 pm

I still have two Billy beers…..

12. 12 BobS May 25th, 2013 at 5:34 pm

It’s one thing to be proud of H-D for surviving by any means for 110 years and I for one hope they have a happy birthday. But I won’t shed any tears for chearleaders offended by criticism. I switched from Harley to the other American brand because it had a lot more of what I look for in a motorcycle. And no regrets, after six years I’m convinced now more than ever I made the right decision. But watch the negativity fly every time Cyril posts a Victory article. As long as people feel the need to vocalize their criticism of my choice they shouldn’t be surprised when it comes back in kind.

13. 13 Rodent May 25th, 2013 at 5:49 pm

You people are stupid and off the subject! Got to the top of the page and read my comment if you’re capable! IS MILLER AN AMERICAN COMPANY? Where the F…K is anything about the motor company? FYI I don’t drink booze and yes I have no use for either Budwieser or Heiniken! I probably have more miles riding motorcycles than 95% of you and probably more miles on Harley’s than 50% of you.

14. 14 Seymour May 25th, 2013 at 7:16 pm

i’ll buy neither thank you

15. 15 Moore Sensible May 26th, 2013 at 6:21 am

Rodent,

Miller and Coors merged a few years ago and became MillerCoors, with breweries throughout the US and headquarters in Chicago.

For a short time, Miller was owned by a South African company but I believe they’re no longer in the picture.

16. 16 BobS May 26th, 2013 at 9:03 am

If you don’t drink it what difference does it make if it comes from Milwaukee or Bangcock?

17. 17 morpion May 26th, 2013 at 1:56 pm

RODENT,,stay with your imported bike

18. 18 Woody's May 26th, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Just throwing this out there-a lot of people (including me) MAY have a slight chip on their shoulder from years of people screaming “Jap crap” and even vandalizing their Hondas, Kawasakis, whatever, while riding their laden w/Chinese and other foreign parts “Merican Awesomness ” bikes. In 1996 my (made in Ohio) Valkyrie had more US made parts than some Harleys, yet it still got spit on in parking lots. At one time in the 80’s I had both an English, Japanese and American bike in the garage at the same time (come to think of it, still do) and depending on which one I was riding I was treated as either a righteous dude or pond scum by the very same people, so yeah, it IS a big deal to me when I see someone on a ‘Merican” bike with a big Chinese made US flag shoved in a Taiwanese holder rolling off on German tires after giving ME attitude depending on which bike I’m riding. (the Germans were our friends in WW2, right ?)

19. 19 Chop May 26th, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Boots comment error. Made in America should read “Assembled in America” from parts gathered worldwide caused by the Assembly in America.

20. 20 John E Adams May 26th, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Nice post Cyril and why I really enjoy you blog so much, an awesome partnership after so many years! I am looking forward to giving this brew a try, with some American picked oysters this summer -;0)

21. 21 dudearino May 26th, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Rodent and I have a lot in common..I too have a lot of miles rode.I now own a BMW K Bike,Klr Kawasaki,and A FXSTC 1995! The burr up my ass about HD,they don’t want my bike in the Las Vegas shop because it is older than 5 years…I had no idea that company 110 years old would turn it’s back on a Bike only 13 or so years old..I also have a problem with all the different components made from different countries..Shows front tubes,I like.But speedo,cams shipped in from lowest bidder then machined here is not made here..etc etc

22. 22 dudearino May 26th, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Showa is what typed..damn spell checker

23. 23 gonup May 27th, 2013 at 7:04 am

dudearino i’ve seen you on other web sites you seem to have some kinda of anger management problem. you have been removed and bar from others. so you might look in to some help. just saying

24. 24 dudeareno May 27th, 2013 at 7:55 am

I.ve tried anger management,it just pissed me off

25. 25 dudearino May 27th, 2013 at 8:48 am

Gonup…….I’m not real happy with you right now,just how Big a boy are you?

26. 26 Go up May 27th, 2013 at 2:43 pm

So dudarion do you have all those bikes just to have an keep one running. Sounds like you don,t have much to do. Maybe you should think about a job to keep your mind a little more occupied. And may be you could get one newer bike that someone could work on.

27. 27 Blackmax May 27th, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Life is too short to drink BAD beer & Miller is one of the worst !!!!
    Gives me a headache everytime I drink 6 or 7 of them & the same for Bud Products…….
    Leinenkugel’s for me !!!!!!!!
    I’ve said it before, who cares what kind of cycle you ride ???
    What matters is that you do RIDE IT & RIDE IT SAFELY !!!!!!

28. 28 Matt W. May 28th, 2013 at 9:32 am

Rodent: Hehe, sounds like you dropped the ping pong ball on a bed of mouse traps ;).

29. 29 Tobby May 28th, 2013 at 12:54 pm

I imagine that HD took a look around Milwaukee to see who was still here after 110 years. Probably not many original companies. The last of the great industrial tool companies were absorbed or went bankrupt years ago. And manufacturing? Forget it.

30. 30 Olive Oil May 28th, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Let’s get the spelling of Bangkok right boys…….