Mission RS. The Highest Performing Street-Legal Electric Motorcycle.

Mission-RS-MotorcycleThe Mission RS is a high end eco-friendly superbike based on the same chassis used in 2011 to overpower all e-competitors during the FIM/TTXGP Laguna Seca race. A street legal limited production machine (only 40 units priced at $56,500) whose “Infinite Drive” powertrain delivers 160 hp, an acceleration of 0 to 60 mph in 3 seconds, a maximum speed of 150 mph and a riding range of about 140 miles. Front Suspension provided by  Ohlins FGRT forks, carbon fiber wheels, and a 7″ internet connected touch screen display offering GPS directions, telemetry vision of your surroundings via integrated HD Camera and many other gizmos. Mission Motorcycles.

14 Responses to “Mission RS. The Highest Performing Street-Legal Electric Motorcycle.”

1. 1 llene Jun 5th, 2013 at 8:48 am

This has got to be the most dangerous bike on the planet since loud pipes save lives.

2. 2 Doug Jun 5th, 2013 at 9:15 am

Not relying on your loud pipes to save your life will be your first good move

3. 3 Oldernowiser Jun 5th, 2013 at 10:03 am

Wow! A coal powered bike at a bargain price!

4. 4 pan51 Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:59 am

Not my style of bike but from a technical point of view impressive what is possible today. Missing the weight in the specs on their website, though…

5. 5 Woody's Jun 5th, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Can’t beat the torque of a DC motor, it’s a natural in a sportbike. Good to see the mileage range improving on some of these bikes. Not for me, but looks like a better offering than others I’ve seen.

6. 6 Terence Tory Jun 5th, 2013 at 3:40 pm

Anybody heard the procedures and safety equipment in dealing with a “live” or burning crashed battery bike,like what’s faced by I.O.M.track marshalls? Well it sure poses a danger to people on the street.How the electric bike makers deal with that safety and liability issue ain’t going to be easy at all.

7. 7 Woody's Jun 5th, 2013 at 6:14 pm

At TT, wouldn’t it be far less than that of current all-electric cars, and certainly less than an overturned van with a 30 gallon gas tank?

8. 8 Dave Blevins Jun 5th, 2013 at 6:36 pm

There was a funny commercial a few years back, (for what product I can’t remember), but it involved a caveman introducing pants, a new invention made from hides instead of twigs. It was well received from all but one caveman who stated, “I fear change and I will keep to my bushes.”
    I too will keep to my bushes.

9. 9 Terence Tory Jun 5th, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Woody’s ,You can’t smell “spark” and wash it away with a hose. A quite small charged capacitor like one in a microwave can easily kill you with one zap.I understand racing electric vehicles often have big capacitors to store power from regen braking or even charge.A small tazer for example has more than enough grunt to drop or paralyse a man.Early days for electric bikes.

10. 10 nicker Jun 6th, 2013 at 12:21 am

Interesting as an engineering design exercise.
    Ho Hum as a Motorcycle

-nicker-

11. 11 Moore Sensible Jun 6th, 2013 at 6:52 am

I once rebuilt an all-electric, 1985 Ford Escort and drove it for a few days. It had only a 28hp motor mated to the stock 5-speed transaxle and it was still an absolute blast to drive, as unbelievable as that may seem.

All-electric doesn’t necessarily mean boring. The “right now” torque delivery is truly awe inspiring. I would guess that anyone of us that actually rode one of these (and had $56,500 to spend on a toy) would buy one, and in a hurry.

12. 12 Woody's Jun 6th, 2013 at 10:51 am

@TT, understood, but it’s just trading one danger for another. Considering you seldom need to “cut someone out” of a bike wreck I see a bike like this being far less dangerous than all the various airbags and explosive seatbelt tightners that EMTs already have to train for. No dog in this and I don’t care if anyone ever builds/buys an electric bike, just found it funny you were so concerned on the point you made.

13. 13 Steve The Producer Johann Jun 6th, 2013 at 11:58 am

Talk about a stealth approach to riding this has to be at the top.

Cool concept. I can see Hollywood using these bad boy bikes for next gen Batman as a replacement for the loud two wheeled contraption he uses now. An electric fits the idea of approaching your prey as quite as a mouse.

I understand Zero has some of their bikes being used by the military now. I can see a high end rescue mission with our Special Forces coming into town on some of these bad boys and doing their handy work only to vanish into the night without a sound.

14. 14 BobS Jun 6th, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Looks like a cool, yet expensive, bike. Also pretty amusing to come on a site like this and listen to the safety patrol preach lol.