The Bike Shows Of The 2013 Sturgis Rally

Cyril-Huze-Show1Cyril-Huze-Show2Cyril-Huze-Show3Who is not pride of his bike? And some, with or without the help of custom builders, go to the extreme to be certain to come back home with a big trophy and possibly a feature in my website. Below, a non-inclusive list of those bike shows you should visit for great pictures and the opportunity to talk to the bike builders who can teach you a few tricks you could use on your own sled. After the jump a chronological list.

Cyril-Huze-Show4Cyril-Huze-Show5Easyriders Bike Show – Tuesday August 6 – 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Awards 4:30 p.m. Easyriders Saloon, 888 Junction Avenue, Sturgis.

J&P Cycles Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show – Wednesday August 7 – 1 – 3 p.m. Awards 4:30 p.m. Lazelle & 4th Street, Sturgis.

Paul Yaffe Bagger Nation Bike Show – Tuesday August 6 – 12 p.m. Full Throttle Saloon, 12997 S. Dakota 34 Sturgis.

Wrench Old School Bike Show – Wednesday August 7 – 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Awards 4:30 p.m. Easyriders Saloon, 888 Junction Avenue, Sturgis.

Road Iron/Eddie Trotta/Dirty Bird Concepts Bagger Show – Thursday August 8 – 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Easyriders Saloon, 888 Junction Avenue, Sturgis

Rat’s Hole Custom Bike Show – Thursday August 8 – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Awards 5:45 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Buffalo Chip CrossRoads

10 Responses to “The Bike Shows Of The 2013 Sturgis Rally”

1. 1 Kirk Perry Jul 19th, 2013 at 12:11 pm

How much longer is Florida going to keep Billy Lane locked up?

If you keep him in the can for over 5-years, he’s going to be so far behind that he’ll never catch-up.
    Five years in lock-up is the point of no return. The family of the fellow riding the scooter that was killed might want to petition Florida now. And then, create a law the holds bar-owners responsible for over-serving drunks and watching them walk out the door and climb on a motorcycle or vehicle.
    Otherwise, you’ll end up with two wasted lives in a couple more years. From what I seen and heard from Billy Lane, he’s already becoming a dim blub.

2. 2 Cowboy Jul 19th, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Don’t forget the FXR show on August 4th! See details on this site.

3. 3 Jezza Jul 19th, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Yeah good luck to Joe for the FXR show. Nice shout out Dave!

4. 4 ROGUE Jul 20th, 2013 at 7:05 am

Kirk
    Do not discount Billy Lane. Do you know that he built a custom motorcycle while in prison to benefit veterans?
    Believe me he is not being idle. He does stay in touch with people and has many ideas about some of the things he wants to build when he is released.
    Without putting his personal life out to everyone he will soon be back to working on motorcycles as part of his preparation for leaving the prison system.
    I for one do not think it will be soon enough and that the world of motorcycling will be a better place when he is released.

5. 5 Cowboy Jul 20th, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Jezza-I’m not Dave (a great guy). We are often confused. So much so that I think I may change my handle as I don’t ride horses that much anymore…….

6. 6 Jezza Jul 22nd, 2013 at 3:05 am

Sorry Cowboy. Dave Sietsema from Klock Werks also goes by “Cowboy”. You guys need to do rock-paper-scissors or something, over who gets to keep the name 🙂
    (Or maybe he should follow the Klock Werks tradition and change it to Kowboy!)

7. 7 Jay Horton's Private Shop Jul 22nd, 2013 at 7:57 am

Kirk,

Florida, like the rest of the country, already has enough laws!!! Personal responsibility is what is required here not more legislation or regulation via the titular Republic “barter system”.

Best. Later Jay

8. 8 Blackmax Jul 22nd, 2013 at 12:13 pm

My vote goes to the FXR show By far the most original ….
    I Like baggers but how many “Best Baggers” do you need ????

9. 9 Joe Mielke Jul 23rd, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Thanks for the FXR Motorbike Show support guys. Cyril did put a blurg on his blog a while back.

I was in Sturgis and Spearfish last Friday to sort out some final details. We have a great venue in City park for the show. I’ve had a lot of great people come along and support my efforts. You can find more info about the FXR show on Facebook and Instagram, Everything I’ve done to push this event has been through social media. It should be a great time!

You can reach me for more info at joe@kustomcycles.com , mielke@mit.midco.net or 605-228-3318
    Thanks!

10. 10 burnout Jul 23rd, 2013 at 1:07 pm

If I was there I would see all of em……… peace