In My Digital Mailbox

cyrilhuzeemailboxSent by Mack Crawford, 09/07/13 at 7.59 pm. Email hidden for privacy.

Question. “Does “Bandit”  just steal all your stuff ….Ha! . Seems to consistently post same thing AFTER YOU. Keep up the good work …you’ve created a motorcycle industry staple. Thanks, Mack Crawford

Reply. Mack.  Thank you for your kind words and for being a faithful reader.

We are perfectly aware of those in the motorcycle industry trying to make a living as “journalists” or “reporters” and whose main publishing activity is to surf the web to find news to copy and paste or re-write , never giving credit to the original authors and worse, claiming to be the original writers

The Cyril Huze Post is by far the world’s number one source for V-Twin motorcycle news (versus both digital & print media) with our proven readership controlled by Google Analytics, an independent source and a reference for providing extremely reliable web traffic data.  Consequently, on a daily basis, we are the target of all those looking to knock-off our news. Fortunately, the vast majority of our readers and sponsors know where  to find real news and original content. Specifically and In reference to the “magazine” you talk about, the numbers provided by  Web Traffic Analyzer Alexa (to use the same source of data for both websites) and ranking all websites by volume of traffic shows 1- That this other digital “magazine” is in constant decline these last 5 years (we always have been in constant progression since day one in 2006). 2- That at this day September 8, 2013,  this “magazine” would have first to pass the traffic of precisely 427,898 other websites before reaching our daily number of readers… The good news is that  there are a few “knowledge journalists” with integrity in the motorcycle industry. We are proud to be recognized as belonging to this small group.

PS: “In My Digital Mailbox” is a new feature where I will publish, from time to time, the interesting, the unexpected, the weird, the funny, etc that I receive in my email box and that I will share with you to react and comment.

17 Responses to “In My Digital Mailbox”

1. 1 P. Cramer Sep 8th, 2013 at 9:00 am

His nickname is Bandit? LOL.

2. 2 Shifter Sep 8th, 2013 at 9:09 am

I understand you are flattered and irritated. No worry. We love your work.

3. 3 Boss Hawg Sep 8th, 2013 at 9:22 am

Good Morning Cyril

You have tons of loyal readers and I am one of them. Not a morning or evening goes by that I miss reading your BLOG.

Sort of like my mattress stores, others (Big Box) copy but can’t compete and flip on a dime with new product offerings, let alone the proven ones we carry also at a better price or value.

Keep up all the great work/news and I look forward to running into you at Willies Tropical Tattoo or another venue while at Biketoberfest, My Friend.

If I can help in any way, just drop me an email please.

Boss Hawg

4. 4 Bruce Reynard Sep 8th, 2013 at 9:50 am

People rip off parts, people rip off news. The daily life in the MC industry is not so pretty.

5. 5 hk Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:53 am

This is the only place to get the good unbiased news.loyal follower and long time reader.

6. 6 Donnie Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:54 am

Conclusion. Buy only the genuine parts and read the news where they are born.

7. 7 Johny Letgo. Sep 8th, 2013 at 11:01 am

The Cyril Huze Post. Can’t live without it. Ha, ha. Thanks Cyril.

8. 8 Jeff Bastow Sep 8th, 2013 at 11:07 am

It had to be said loud and clear. Great pic.

9. 9 Bryan Woodburry In MN Sep 8th, 2013 at 11:30 am

You are doing a great job without the usual magazine bias. I dig your news and personally suggest your site to my friends.

10. 10 Hungouver Sep 8th, 2013 at 3:43 pm

i read both this news blog and the other one as well as many others. unless the news posted is something purely organic (created by the author of the blog) it has been gathered from other sources and often from a manufacturer. a “New” product from HD for instance. Those “new” products are usually announced by the mfr and a press release is distributed to hundreds of news sources.

it is no different than USAToday and the WSJ and the NYT running the same story about some kid stuck in a well in Kansas!

Cyril does a great job of getting exclusive scoops and I enjoy reading those. But another “new” jacket or helmet made in China with an HD logo on it aint’ news no matter who posts it.

11. 11 John E Adams Sep 8th, 2013 at 6:36 pm

You are the only one I read and recommend to anyone who has not visited, nothing out comes close!

12. 12 Galeo Sep 9th, 2013 at 6:20 am

I think that reference is made to all the scoops and exclusives that Cyril publishes and that others immediately copy or rewrite without giving him credit. Hungouver, big newspapers/magazines always give credit to each other. But it looks like a jungle out there with not much honesty and respect for those who make research and have insider information.

13. 13 Bernie Carter Sep 9th, 2013 at 6:46 am

Got an idea. Cyril should publish a fake news, then see how many are going to copy or rewrite it, then expose all of them here in his magazine. I have a small website in another industry and I know that all website owners have access to a digital date stamp keeping track of exact time of publishing or of updating with new content.

14. 14 Jeffrey. Sep 9th, 2013 at 9:47 am

C.H.P. Best of the best.

15. 15 Martin Twofeather Sep 9th, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Keep up thye fine work Cyril….

16. 16 Greeko Sep 10th, 2013 at 11:49 am

Just boycott the websites of all these pranksters, fraudsters. I think Cyril can take legal action and shut them down for good.

17. 17 Blackmax Sep 11th, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Evryone in the “know” has figured it out a long time ago.
    Cyril is the fastest, most reliable, best source for motorcycle industry news.
    Bar none !!!!!
    99.9% of the cycle news I get is from here first before anybody else breaks it (or steals it)
    Thanks Cyril for being the “Real Deal” …..
    I keep trying to submit stories to you ???