New Harley-Davidson Lighted Hand Control Kit

LightedHand-Controls1LightedHand-Controls2Among the new items released at the Harley-Davidson Summer Dealer Meeting on August 18th, these new Lighted Hand Control Switches Kit (P/N 71500248, $249.95) They feature soft white LED backlighting that illuminates the switch function icons for enhanced nighttime visibility and a modern look that adds function and style.

Featured as Original Equipment on 2014 Custom Vehicle Operations™ Touring models, the kit includes plug-in switch packs for left- and right-hand controls and fits 2014 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide® Ultra Classic®, Ultra Limited and Street Glide® models. A similar kit (P/N 71500250 $249.95) fits the 2014 Road King® model due to its cable-actuated clutch. Harley-Davidson.

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

12 Responses to “New Harley-Davidson Lighted Hand Control Kit”

1. 1 James just another crazy Kiwi Sep 14th, 2013 at 3:57 pm

If you have to look to see where the switches are you should not be on the road.
    It is all instinct and pratice, once you know your bike it is all done automatically.
    Eyes anywhere but on the road ahead can lead to danger.

Still everyone knows that there is more margin in the aftermarket parts that anything else.
    Except maybe clothing…lol

2. 2 Dale Sep 15th, 2013 at 9:20 am

Spot on James

3. 3 Matt Olsen Sep 15th, 2013 at 5:55 pm

When I buy a new bike I will definitely be buying these. I’d have a tough time remembering all of the buttons when compared to what I usually ride

4. 4 Tommy Sep 16th, 2013 at 9:15 am

Its a double edge sword. I can see it being helpful for some while others think it’s a distraction. It all comes down to who needs it and doesn’t.
    These “lighted” hand control kits” have been around in the market for a few years and I’m YET to see one on a bike, I personally done know of ANYONE who wants to pay $250 for some switches PLUS if they are the type of person to use these on a bike, you probably quessed it right that they dont work on their own bikes and will take it to a shop to have it done, which there goes another $250 in labor. All for a some light? seems silly.

5. 5 Montecristo Sep 16th, 2013 at 12:41 pm

I think you guys might be missing the point – lighted switches (cruise, radio, etc) were available primarily on premium cars, as a “premium feature”, but mostly for cosmetics. Same applies here largely – whether you agree or not its a premium look, and some people like the appearance of a lighted switch.

6. 6 James just another crazy Kiwi Sep 16th, 2013 at 2:19 pm

These would be useful to some one who usualy rides classic or vintage bikes !!
    In the darkened cockpit of a car they can be useful if your looking for some switch or button
    you hardly ever use.German cars would need them cause they have more gadgets than a 747.
    They say their tanks were overly complicated as well…………

7. 7 takehikes Sep 16th, 2013 at 2:42 pm

I don’t get it. One of my bikes has a start button on the right, the other has nothing so guess I don’t need lights.
    More junk begats more junk….

8. 8 Sluggo Sep 16th, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Has anyone seen the controls on the BMW 1600GTL ? Harley….are you awake?

9. 9 BC Sep 16th, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Kiwi James, you beat me to it. Agreed!

10. 10 CafeSportyTC Sep 16th, 2013 at 5:53 pm

I think its kind of rediculous how everyone compares Harleys parts to other companies parts. yeah a BMW 1600GTL is going to have better ergonomics than your glide…. You bought a Harley Because its …. oh for shame… A HARLEY, a brand that most will critic when they stray too far from their base (v-rod) and critic when they stay too much the same (Road king). There are things I don’t like about the indian (swoopy skirted fenders), but im sure in the years to come there will be a bike that would suit MY needs. Harley makes… err made a bike I’m in love with the XR1200, because its sporty enough , but still retains classic harley technology. if a harley doesn’t suit you, buy something that does and shut the hell up.

11. 11 Kirk Perry Sep 19th, 2013 at 11:52 am

Did I just get a free Harley?
    I’ve been working since I was 12 yrs. old. Made some investments. Had a brokerage account with 530K in it on June 16th, 2012. Pulled out 15K to buy a XL 1200cp. Pulled another 7K for a new asphalt overlay for the shop next month.
    Checked my brokerage account and it had deflated to 520K (also, I’ve been taking out $2,500. a month, every month to exist). When you add all the withdrawals since June 16th, it’s a total of 27K.
    This morning my brokerage account is back up to 530K. So for today, I think I bought a new Harley for free. Tomorrow, next week, next month, the market could fall. So if it does, I still have a new Harley. If the market levels off… did I get a free Harley?
    •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    1. Moral of the story: Invest your money with a fully tooled broker using asset allocation. Don’t touch your money until your 65.
    2. If you have a brokerage account, hit it for a new bike, before Wall Street takes another 1/3 and they will. They (you) have to pay for the Afghanistan occupation.
    It’s promised, your account will be raided again. BUY THE MOTORCYCLE.

12. 12 jorelq Jan 7th, 2014 at 6:40 pm

I just bought a new street glide and since I am a little older I just cant see that well at night. Granted I will eventually know by feel each of the (way to many) controls, However, last night on an unexpected trip after dark I accidently hit the kill switch while in the fast lane, meaning to hit the right turn signal, since I needed to exit the freeway. Well, it took me all 4 lanes and almost getting killed to finally find the ON switch. Im sure I sound like an idiot, but I have been riding for yrs anb I will be buying some of these today. I had already planned on it before the “incident” but just hadnt got around to it yet since I have only had the bike a week. To me, its like if you dont like or want it, dont buy it! But there is some actual value to them.