bourget2bourget8bourget8bisbourget1rorgerbourgetbourget5bourget3bourget4Since 2011, date at which he launched his new shop named Bourget’s Chopper Shoppe in Montrose CO, Roger Bourget was very discreet about his new custom work. Then, a few months ago, he made me aware that the 2013 edition of Daytona Biketoberfest was his deadline to present 2 new extreme Bagger designs. But don’t expect Roger to mass produce these 2 creations like he was doing before during 20 years in his former very large Arizona shop. He wants to keep his shop small, to keep personal contact with customers, to have fun again with custom building while taking time to enjoy his personal life with wife Emily and his 2 twin boys Clutch & Cam. So, Roger took the decision to build only 15 units of these 2 new models.

bourget10The Falcon is based on the Harley Street Glide while the Raven is based on the Harley Road Glide, both being favorite models of the touring crowd. Although the pictures illustrating this feature were taken very fast last thursday morning on a parking lot at arrival of Roger Bourget in Daytona , not doing justice to the craftsmanship involved in these 2 designs, I can tell you that detail work is at the highest level I have ever seen on a Bagger. Bad ass, yes. Not only for all the gizmos incorporated in them (can you get a better looking and sounding system? Digital equipment with iPad reading, exclusive saddlebag opening system, etc) but for the intricate bodywork which will make a Falcon or Raven Bourget Bagger as easy to identify at first glance as his former proprietary long dropseat style Choppers.

bourget6bourget7On the same chassis, Roger got the good idea to offer many options regarding wheel sizes and treatment (from 26″ to 30″), paint job (he will give you a $4500 allowance if you want to work your own special scheme and colors directly with his faithful painter Deano) and seat (any material.) As soon as professional pictures are available, I will feature again and in more details these 2 beautiful Bourget liners. Waiting for them, I list below a simplified tech sheet and available options. Bourget’s Chopper Shoppe
MOTOR: BUILT AS NEW 103 C.I. EFI FULL POWDER COAT DIAMOND CUT
TRANNY: 6 SPEED FULL POWDER COAT ALL NEW
PRIMARY: INNER AND OUTER HARLEY PODwERCOAT
FRONT WHEEL: 23″ 26″ 30″ ALUMINUM SEVERAL STYLES
REAR WHEEL: 16 MATCHING FRONT
ROTORS: POLISHED STAINLESS MATCHING
DUAL EXAUST: RBCS MUFFLERS TURN DOWNS
AIR RIDE: RBCS
SWINGARM: @” STRETCH
ALL BODY PANELS: RBCS BUILT
FAIRING: 1 PIECE ON FALCON [STREET GLIDE STYLE] AND RAVEN [FIXED FAIRING] NO UGLY INNER/OUTER SCREWS GASKET
FALCON: HEAD UNIT GPS BLUE, TOOTH, SAT RADIO, 8 SPEAKER SYSTEM
RAVEN: IPAD HD INTERFACE, BLUE TOOTH, 10SPEAKER SYSTEM
BAGS: RBCS SIDE DOORS ELECTRIC ACTUATORS
ALL LED LIGHTING, BLUE STAR HEADLIGHTS
FULL RBCS BILLET PACKAGE INCLUDES: GRIPS, GAS CAP, LEVERS, DERBY ING COVERS, FLOORBOARDS, SHIFT AND BRAKE ARMS, REAR SETS, SHIFT LINKAGE, OIL CAP, NEUTRAL SWITCH COVER
PAINT: ANY COLOR PAINT BY DEANOS,
SEAT: ANY MATERIAL.
OPTIONS:
KRAFT TURBO
PRIMO OPEN BELT
ADDITIONAL PAINT: $4500.00 PAINT ALLOWANCE YOU WORK DIRECT WITH DEAN
FRONT: AIR RIDE
30″ WHEEL FRONT
PRICE: RAVEN: $65K. FALCON: $62.5K

39 Responses to “Exclusive. Roger Bourget Unveils 2 New Limited Edition Custom Baggers During Daytona Biketoberfest.”

1. 1 bigitch Oct 20th, 2013 at 8:27 am

he builds cool bikes as always but the prices are so high he will freeze most people out

2. 2 Terence Tory Oct 20th, 2013 at 9:00 am

62K+ = Trippin’ IMHO.

3. 3 Shifter Oct 20th, 2013 at 10:27 am

Fancy tourers.

4. 4 Greeko Oct 20th, 2013 at 10:32 am

Lots of nice bodywork.

5. 5 Doc Robinson Oct 20th, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Beautifully styled and crafted. I’m sure there are way more than 15 people out there who will spring for the bucks. Well done Roger!

6. 6 Andy67 Oct 20th, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Like them, especially the fairing on blue one. The Raven?

7. 7 George Oct 20th, 2013 at 3:13 pm

65 k. I agree with Doc. No problem to find in the US 2 x 15 clients with this kind of money for a Bagger.

8. 8 JohnyLetGo Oct 20th, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Still look rideable, not like some custom baggers featured in this website.

9. 9 takehikes Oct 20th, 2013 at 5:25 pm

sorry but that’s hideous times two…

10. 10 dmj Oct 21st, 2013 at 5:54 am

takehikes, right on. hideous. Needs to be way more limited. Another tragic waste of a good motor.

11. 11 Joshua Oct 21st, 2013 at 7:18 am

Looking good and probably built very strong by Roger Bourget. Problem is that he has to compete first with the CVO Harley Baggers, much cheaper. Anyway, good luck to him.

12. 12 P. Hamilton Oct 21st, 2013 at 7:23 am

Com’on DMJ & Takehikes. There are 2 very pretty baggers. Maybe you just don’t like the price, but it’s the price of hand made fabrication. See the price of other one-off custom baggers…

13. 13 Wilhelm Oct 21st, 2013 at 8:08 am

Pretty awful rides, but I like the iPad mounted in the fairing. Any idea what’s supposed to run there? A virtual cockpit? GTA? Or just iTunes 🙂 Too bad the hydraulic clutch line is obstructing the view.

14. 14 Motorcycle Marc Oct 21st, 2013 at 8:37 am

Lots of design skill as usual from Roger. Good lookers. Sale Price?
    Very limited market. Not a sustainable product offering…good luck nonetheless.

15. 15 takehikes Oct 21st, 2013 at 8:59 am

P. Hamilton…my point exactly…why waste mad fab’s skills on these POS’s?

16. 16 5toedwillie Oct 21st, 2013 at 9:03 am

Good job Rodger as always you can take on a project and it carries your signature work I hope u enjoy being back in our game. I’ve got a couple up my sleeve as we’ll talk to u soon. Willie

17. 17 The Supreme Team Oct 21st, 2013 at 9:53 am

Beautiful job Roger. The paint on the Falcon definitely sets it off in a new direction from the first ones. I’ll admit I couldn’t quite see the Raven when it was sitting on your bench raw in the early stages, but damn…this was a chess move…you were thinking wayyyy ahead of what my next move would have been.
    Very nice Roger…beautiful details as always.

18. 18 Heavy Metal Oct 21st, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Lot of Roger strokers, I want to hear Bridget’s thoughts.

19. 19 Bozack Oct 21st, 2013 at 5:11 pm

Heavy Metal…I was thinking the same thing, then I was thinking…she never had the intuition and design ingenuity Roger had. She just did the work on the backside…collecting money and assisting the customers, so her thoughts wouldn’t matter.
    Sounds more like you need drama…LOL.

20. 20 Bigalyts Oct 21st, 2013 at 5:18 pm

who the Frick don’t like those Bikes? only a Moron would say that ! Those Bikes are Gorgeous PERIOD…………………….I am actually kind of Shocked at the Price of those Full Custom Hand Made Baggers. I think they are really Priced FAIRLY. If you look at the Prices of some of his other stuff he Built like the Low Blow’s and Tiger Looking, paint jobs and Pearl Painted and Candy Coated Lacquer Paint $70,000, & $80,000 price Tags, those Bikes look like a Deal, Go Roger!

21. 21 Terence Tory Oct 21st, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Bozack,I can only agree with you about Brigitte.You will never get anywhere in the custom bike business paying bills on time and tending to customers needs and wants.

I think the sub-prime bagger effect will hit sometime.

……..while China builds bullet trains,baggers excite people.Strange priorities in these latter days.

22. 22 Snooz button Oct 21st, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Who’s actually doing the work? Roger or the guys in the shop.

23. 23 Woody's Oct 22nd, 2013 at 10:36 am

@Bigalyts. Umm, me? Amazing work went into that bike and 100’s of manhours, but the minute I see the big front wheel on any of these baggers I burst out laughing. Someday soon there will such a pile of “giant skinny front wheel take-offs” that we’ll probably need a facility in the Nevada desert to bury them 😉 Anytime you do a really custom ANYTHING you will stir emotions and have strong positive and negative comments. If you don’t, you failed, right? Not a hater, just would rather have seen all that hard work produce something else but Roger isn’t going to suffer from lack of my funds or approval so it’s all good.

24. 24 Nobody Oct 23rd, 2013 at 12:30 am

As my friend Jack Knife would say “It’s something, but bloody hell if it’s for me.”

25. 25 ToomeyBoy Oct 23rd, 2013 at 7:30 am

Cool Skoot? Or just more show circuit customs which will remain unsold for years?????

26. 26 Terence Tory Oct 23rd, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Big wheel baggers are just adult versions of these things,to me: http://www.fisher-price.com/us/springline/trikes.asp

Like Dr.Sigmund often asked: “Tell me about your childhood,did you have a bicycle?” .

27. 27 Blackmax Oct 23rd, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Damn fine looking machines, Good job, Roger !!!!
    Custom anything cost custom $$$$$$
    & you won;t see 10 more of them at any bike night

28. 28 dmj Oct 24th, 2013 at 6:00 am

Being able to blast your favorite tunes to thse behind is a huge plus.

29. 29 JohnS Oct 25th, 2013 at 10:39 am

Not your adverage scabed together bagger! These are showstoppers! And the technology wow!! this has changed the game. On your console you can do the diagnostics for your ride, watch a movie or bump your favorite tunes… he thought of everything. Finally some progressive thinking designer out there

30. 30 Terence Tory Oct 25th, 2013 at 4:08 pm

JohnS:”On your console you can do the diagnostics for your ride, watch a movie or bump your favorite tunes”.

Of course you could just ride a bike when you are on a bike and fondle,swipe.poke amd jab the iPad on the lounge chair when home like a normal human being a normal human being.

31. 31 L Oct 26th, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Hey why not just start building trikes

32. 32 Roger Bourget Oct 27th, 2013 at 9:35 am

I REALLY ENJOY READING THIS BLOG . THE HATERS MAKE ME LAUGH AND THE PEOPLE WHO ENJOY MY WORK ARE THE REASON I BUILD, WHETHER ITS IN THEIR PRICE RANGE OR NOT THANKS FOR THE PROPS. I HAVE NEVER BUILT A BIKE THAT YOU CAN NOT RIDE SINCE THE VIPER BIKE 20 YEARS AGO THAT WAS ON THE COVER OF #1 FIRST QUICK THROTTLE MAGAZINE ONLY IT WAS BUILT AS A SHOW BIKE…. ASK THE NEARLY 10,000 BUYERS OF MY BIKES OVER 20 YEARS. ALSO SORRY TO DISAPPOINT TO THAT NOBODY THAT THINKS I DO NOT DO MY OWN WORK I SPENT NEARLY 2 YEARS DESIGNING, THE FRAME MAKING AND THE PLUGS ON THESE 2 BAGGERS. NOT DONE ON A CAD, DOZENS OF CHANGES ON EACH PART HUNDREDS OF POUNDS OF WOOD, PLASTIC, FOAM, AND BODY WORK. I GUARANTEE BETTER FITMENT THAN ANY OTHER BUILDER. THE BIKE CAN BE ORDERED WITH A 23, 26, OR 30. I HAVE 3 CUSTOMERS WHO RIDE THEIR 26″ BIKES FROM SW COLORADO TO THE OIL RIGS IN NORTH DAKOTA THEY HAVE NOT HAD ANY COMPLAINTS. AS FOR THE IPAD IN THE CONSOLE AND THE ONE HATER SAYS PLAY WITH IT ON YOUR COUCH – GET OUT OF THE STONE AGE WITH YOUR CASSETTE PLAYER. IT IS INTERFACED WITH THE FACTORY HARNESS DISPLAYS ALL YOUR GAUGES, TEMPS, ALTITUDE, AND IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM READS THE FACTORY DIAGNOSTICS ON THE ROAD MIND YOU EVEN IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, HAS BLUE TOOTH SAVES ALL YOUR MUSIC, AND GUESS WHAT IT POPS OUT OF THE DASH SO YOU CAN PLAY YOUR PAC MAN ON YOUR COUCH LOL GROW UP BRO. AGAIN THANKS FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS… JUST WAIT MORE AMAZING IDEAS TO UNVEIL.

33. 33 Terence Tory Oct 27th, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Roger Bourget.The reality of your limited boutique bike production is the possibility of the amortisation of CAD cost would be slim at best.If you were now a serious volume player you could then cover those costs,spend more time on your creative art and unleash more : “AMAZING IDEAS TO UNVEIL.”

Self praise is not worth much,is it Roger?

The ability to diagnose motor problems on the road is great,then what? Fix a toasted sensor with a arty Buck knife? I guess the iPad would come in handy playing Angry Birds under a shady yucca tree on the side of a highway when a bike fails to precede.I’ve never had a bike so boring that I need to impose my music taste on all and sundry while I ride along the road like a Hindu god in a rolling festival with elephants.

I love the predictable fall-back option of saying people criticise products out “THEIR PRICE RANGE” out of spite or somesuch notion.I can think of plenty of bikes I would comfortably spend tens of thousands on.Yours are not it that league or value for money IMHO.You only have to impress a handful of buyers a year to prosper:good luck and go forth.

34. 34 Thug Oct 27th, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Ok Roger , I agree with all your hours to build these designs , but to say your bikes are better fitment then all the builders .. I disagree on this one .. I ride everything that comes into Thug and yes your bikes come in as well .. Big bulky don’t turn well , I’d bet all of my bikes fit people great and turn awesome and yes ride no handed for miles .. To say your bikes fit better then all other builders .. Not cool .. True that haters hate , but it just sounded to me you just hated a little yourself … We build ground up Baggers and personally make sure the ride fits the customers , building a production models like these mean the customer has to fit what they see and that doesn’t mean they fit what their sitting on …

35. 35 Just a fan Oct 28th, 2013 at 9:23 am

Terence Tony, the bikes you build are awesome, no one can compare to your skills and knowledge, you are a bike building God, what you have given to this business no one else can rival you. Oops, i confused you with someone that actually is in this business, someone who’s bikes we all know and have seen.
    You are an idiot, now please go away.

36. 36 Terence Tory Oct 29th, 2013 at 12:55 am

Just a fan,buy one.try one,ride one.Join Roger’s little funhouse of custom glory.There will be at least a dozen fans there with lighter wallets ready to burst out of the phonebox to impress the world and themselves.Roger’s days of inspirational designs are years ago,which is a sad.Now it’s just follow fashion monkey and fibreglass charabancs.

Just a fan,you know a great deal about a guy that you don’t know a great deal about.

37. 37 canIsay Oct 30th, 2013 at 10:17 am

I think they’re different, unique, have a great style and great lines. They are excellent in my opinion! I would buy one!

38. 38 Konrad Nov 6th, 2013 at 3:06 pm

I own the first 26″ glide Roger ever turned out of his new Montrose shop. In one year I have over 10k miles on it, and I can tell you this It’s is not some bulky un-rideable show bike. It is a sleek and nimble head turner that gets attention wherever it goes. Lots of attention. From Sturgis to Vegas and countless MC runs… the quality fit and finish on my bike is impeccable. Looks are a matter of taste, So to each his own… what I can tell you is Roger is building show stopping riders. As a business man, I am reminded that… Innovation is a threat if you are competing against it… Nerve racking if you are leading the way with it…
    Necessary if you want to advance your field.
    Well done Roger… Keep up the daring work.
    P.S. I think Ill take one of the Ravens… very sexy bike.

39. 39 Jon Jan 14th, 2014 at 12:15 pm

Roger is still one of my favorite builders ever. That tribute bike to his daughter on BBO was fucking amazing. As these bikes are. He is a high end builder that actually hand crafts his work. You cant get hand crafted cheap. Can I afford it. No. but there are alot of high end buyers that can. That black fairing is just killer.

Crusher