Cole Foster Retro Inspired Grips

colefostergripsOf course, there are many retro style grips available for your Chopper or Bobber.

But these ones are signed Cole Foster and are available in new colors you can’t find elsewhere. Black is too boring? What about Mocha or Grey Marble?

They are available for 1” or 7/8” bars and come in a cool Deco style “CF” embossed aluminum tin case.

Only $24.95 + shipping for the pair.

You can order at Cole Foster Salinas Boyz or at Lowbrow Customs.

Barnett Harley-Davidson

13 Responses to “Cole Foster Retro Inspired Grips”

1. 1 Iron Horse Oct 27th, 2013 at 9:42 am

Cool looking and don’t appear to be out of line price wise. I have a couple of projects they’d look good on as well. Hope they sell a bunch of them.

2. 2 Kirk Perry Oct 27th, 2013 at 11:30 am

Way to go there.

3. 3 Kirk Perry Oct 27th, 2013 at 2:38 pm

The swirl versions look like 1930′s melamine when USA automobile window crank knobs and dash sections were all melamine. A deluxe model of most 30′s cars had mohair seats and intricate craftsmanship…. European like. Automotive detail never seen in America again.
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    Another “lost” art example would be the intricate scroll-etchings on the side-plates of the hex-barrel derringer that shot Abraham Lincoln. Unbelievably detailed no no other American made weapon I’ve seen. Maybe Booth had his “etched” as a fashion statement early on.
    You’d have to walk though the exhibit personally across from the Ford Theater in D.C. It’s not in the Smithsonian rectangle of buildings. You’ll need to cab there, or enjoy a round-trip long walk.
    I took a picture of the derringer, but the glass case is photo-blocked. Nothing developed but black.

4. 4 Terence Tory Oct 27th, 2013 at 3:42 pm

K P.I think you mean Bakelite.Melamine was a much later product.

5. 5 Septic the Sceptic Oct 27th, 2013 at 4:11 pm

You’ll get goood service from Lowbrow, and Cole seems like a cool guy.

Kirk, you’re talking about engraving. Etching is a process that uses acid to eat into the surface. Many folk still practicing the craft of engraving, and frankly, the work today is way ahead of what it was 150 years ago.

6. 6 Moreno Persello Oct 28th, 2013 at 8:16 am

I need to know if Cole is present at Verona (Italy) next January.

Best regards

Moreno Persello

7. 7 Kirk Perry Oct 28th, 2013 at 12:23 pm

“Bakelite.Melamine was a much later product”
    H-m-m..I mistakenly mistook baklite as mostly a mostly black or brown composite used in steering wheels (except for the ’67 Plymouth’s, rectangular, clear acrylic side-section :) ) and shift knobs; and melamine as the swirled plastic, like the grips above, often used in tube-type (beep, tweep, bop) radios of the 1940′s, but which isn’t the 30′s now is it?
    Can you please give an example of swirl-colored bakelite from any period…. at all?
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    “you’re talking about engraving. Etching is a process that uses acid”

Most certainly. And I would like to add, another remarkable feature on the Booth-derringer were the castings. Ornate and intricately engraved with vines and cross-hatch patterns, it would seem difficult to engrave a series of perfectly spaced lines by hand, and then cross them with other lines by hand without wavering. I viewed the pistol in a crouched position for about 15 minutes, taking flash-less pics while spectators milled above my head. I’ve not seen any weapon like it since.

8. 8 Septic the Sceptic Oct 28th, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Googled it. Nothing special with regards to metal ornamentation. Have seen better from that era, and much better work now.

9. 9 Terence Tory Oct 29th, 2013 at 4:22 am

K.P.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakelite

As you can see,they did different Bakelite colors and effects nearly a hundred years ago.

These grips get my tick of approval.I like the Grey Marbled ones,but I can do without Mocha grips on a Café Racer.Short black ones please.

10. 10 Dave Smith Oct 29th, 2013 at 9:44 am

How much if I don’t want the “cool Deco style “CF” embossed aluminum tin case”?

11. 11 Shifter Oct 29th, 2013 at 9:48 am

Dave Smith. It’s more expensive if you don’t take the box because it’s already pre-packaged and they need to remove the grips (time) and find a cardboard box to ship the grips to you.

12. 12 Badams Oct 29th, 2013 at 3:45 pm

These are as good as hot nuns

13. 13 Mack Oct 29th, 2013 at 10:14 pm

I’m a cole fan , good dude , think I’ll buy a each in the stable a set..
    Then i will have a bunch of cool little boxes to put stuff in..win win
    Low brow makes good quality stuff too
    And once again Kirk perry makes me laugh …u guys take the bait every time ha!