On Duty Alabama Cop Caught On Video Drag Racing His Harley Police Motorcycle.

When a cop is caught red handed on a video, it’s usually not for drag racing his police motorcycle while on duty. The Alabama cop in question had to turn in his badge after a biker posted on YouTube a video whose footage show him drag racing the cop on his police Harley. At a red light, the biker on his CBR600RR asked if the cop wanted to race. He replied “yes, I got turbo” pointing at his Harley engine. Then the 2 motorcycles raced away from a traffic light. Watch…

Added 11/14/2013. The Montgomery Police Department is confirming that the motorcycle officer who was captured on video drag racing with a private citizen will get his job back.

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

40 Responses to “On Duty Alabama Cop Caught On Video Drag Racing His Harley Police Motorcycle.”

1. 1 Zipper Nov 14th, 2013 at 9:21 am

We need more Cops like this one. A few weeks with no pay would be enough to get his attention. ..Z

2. 2 BobS Nov 14th, 2013 at 9:29 am

That was kind of a dick move to post the video and get the cop in trouble. Can’t anybody just have a little fun without posting it on the internet anymore?

3. 3 Snooz button Nov 14th, 2013 at 10:18 am

I agree with Bob. The rider and cop had some fun, should have left it at that. Cops are human too. Everyone likes to open a bike up every now and then. Shouldn’t loose your job for it.

4. 4 BigWave916 Nov 14th, 2013 at 10:40 am

You get a cop with a sense of humor and a willingness to act like a human being instead of some pompous authoritarian asshole, and then you rat him out with your video. Unbelievable. What a dick you must be.

5. 5 David King Nov 14th, 2013 at 10:40 am

yes, the dude never should have posted the video without protecting the officer’s identity. I’d like to buy that wheel a beer.

6. 6 tommy Nov 14th, 2013 at 10:46 am

I can see it both ways… but first, this isn’t even CLOSE to being a “Drag Race”.. WTF?!? topped out at 70mph at best. There is NO law that says how fast one can take off from a stop/traffic light, I can see if they were going over 100mph then that would be grounds for stupidity on both riders.

Cop was having a bit of fun and so was the other rirder, but if the cop was smart enough (which he obviously wasn’t) he would have pulled him over after he passed him and going over the speed limit (if they were) esecialyl after the idiot pulled a wheelie. lol

7. 7 David King Nov 14th, 2013 at 10:48 am

BigWave916…I agree completely.

8. 8 burnout Nov 14th, 2013 at 11:34 am

This is , literally , in my back yard. I don’t see any reckless behavior here. peace

9. 9 Woody's Nov 14th, 2013 at 11:42 am

Guy on the spotbike was a dick, hope he get’s HIS appropriate punishment for dragracing also. Yeah, the cop was in the wrong, too and I think we can all appreciate a disdain for the double standard many cops drive under on AND off duty BUT, I hate to see a good cop get suckered in by someone being his brother at a light just to burn him afterwards. Not cool. We all know how hard it is to resist this kind of thing on a bike, (and we’ve probably all gotten tickets) but I hate to see him get fired over it just the same. I REALLY feel for any remaining sportbike riders in the area, as they all just got extra douchebag points and targets on their backs from this guy’s cheapshot.

10. 10 Rick Lossner Nov 14th, 2013 at 12:25 pm

I’m liking this officer…. too bad someone had to f*ck up his life by posting a video..

I watched the crotch rockets speedo…. I don’t think they ever went over 60 mph when ‘racing’ … .. so.. they weren’t ‘racing’.. just having a lil fun

11. 11 Kroeter Nov 14th, 2013 at 12:42 pm

The bad thing is there were plenty of other witnesses to notice a cop bike traveling at same rate of speed with a sportbike so he probably woulda got ratted out eventually. Ahh, the choices we make. . .

12. 12 Guy Nov 14th, 2013 at 12:42 pm

So what did the cop do wrong? A cool guy just having fun lost his job because of a sportsbike dickhead. Not cool.

13. 13 Rod Nov 14th, 2013 at 1:02 pm

The sportbike rider was a huge dick to post this.

I have ridden with a MC Cop before who was a little BMW curious. I hung with him easily and that guy was easily the fastest cornering dresser Harley rider I have seen. No Obscene speeds were involved. It was fun and no way would I have ratted him out If fact I made this all up and it never happened. I told him if he jumped a curb he was on his own. He was impressed at how easy I could hang with him. It was not that easy but I will never tell him.

Rod

14. 14 Seven Nov 14th, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Shit-bird for even posting this! No good deed goes unpunished.

15. 15 burnout Nov 14th, 2013 at 2:32 pm

The Motor rider has been re-instated. peace http://www.wsfa.com

16. 16 Terence Tory Nov 14th, 2013 at 3:25 pm

He’s either a cop or he’s not.Now he’s not.

17. 17 GitReal Nov 14th, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Cool Cop. Turboed Police Bagger and having fun with another! Just doesn’t get any better.

Rice Rocket Dickhead with video in turn posts on YouTube without concealing Cop’s identity…someone in AL should just open the car door for him!

Show yourself in my neck of the woods of FL and I will gladly for you…Ass Hole!

GitReal

18. 18 bartsky Nov 14th, 2013 at 5:02 pm

you ride a sports bike ipso facto you’re a dick head anyway…

19. 19 Brett Nov 14th, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Ya know….all the stories that get posted online now of all the crappy things some cops do…I want to shake this officer’s hand. Yeah, I realize they have a serious job, but for God’s sake, let the attitude down once in a while & show you are a human…..I think the world would be a better place if some cops were willing to have some fun like this once in a while. I hope this guy has his job back & I hope his attitude doesn’t change to being a douche.

20. 20 Bigalyts Nov 14th, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Nothing is sacred anymore, since Cops made everyone a C.I. and everyone wants to make a Million Dollars with the Internet. No Hustlers anymore, just Creeps with Smart Phones!

21. 21 Jezza Nov 14th, 2013 at 10:13 pm

The cop was clearly a nice guy just having some fun, in a totally safe and controlled way. Christ, the cop’s life is hard enough without some asshole ratting him out for being human. Everyone’s ready to dump on cops until you need one to safe your life by risking his, and believe me he’ll do it in a heartbeat, because he has character and a sense of duty to help you to live your life in peace and safety. Shame on that dickhead on the sports bike for being just one more member of the public to stick a knife in the ribs of a well meaning cop. Seriously bro, get some damn values will you?

22. 22 Rick Lossner Nov 15th, 2013 at 7:32 am
  23. 23 thomas Nov 15th, 2013 at 8:42 am

Great officer ,, gotta have fun ,,,

24. 24 Terence Tory Nov 15th, 2013 at 8:55 am

Bigalyts.The universal all-knowing camera of George Orwell’s 1984’s Big Brother has turned into a lot of Little Brothers,and that is glorious.George never thought of that happening.Police have been so much better behaved now every Joe in the street is a news service with their news at four.Past police brutality or mob lynchings would have never happened in a smartphone world.Like that’s a bad thing?

I’m glad the Mo Cop got his job back,but now he can be an office holder instead of “not a cop”.

25. 25 calif phil Nov 15th, 2013 at 9:14 am

Every cop should be like that guy.

26. 26 cooldaddy51 Nov 15th, 2013 at 9:24 am

Cop should have lit up the back tire and gave it a serious show launching .Now that would have been extreme. A little throttle jocking is not something to write home about let alone post it. Glad they had fun . Life is too short to take it all too seriously.

27. 27 Boomer Nov 15th, 2013 at 10:35 am

If that’s what they consider drag racing in that neck of the woods; I’m disappointed. :(

All I see is a motor cop engaged in some positive public relations. No more. No less.

Someone jumped the gun taking his badge. I would question that persons ability to lead and make good judgement calls.

28. 28 Woody's Nov 15th, 2013 at 11:10 am

Like Boomer said ☺ We all know the temptations involved with a little wrist roll. Yes, we hold Police to a higher standard, but his actions didn’t rise to the level of dismissal. Looking at the video for what he did, I’m sure they can come up with a suitable punishment. I’m sure he’ll be hoping to prevail upon the spirit of the law over the letter when punishment is warranted, same as WE do when WE get pulled over ;)

29. 29 Asphalt Squadron Nov 15th, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Hey Tommy, study up on traffic laws before posting. There is a law in regards to how fast you leave from a stop, it’s called exhibition of speed, and it’s illegal.

…and F&%k the sportbike rider who posted the vid, he needs to be punched in the throat.

30. 30 John Nov 15th, 2013 at 4:32 pm

The Cop was just having a bit of fun, I would never want him to get in trouble. He wasn’t even riding dangerously.

31. 31 martin twofeather Nov 16th, 2013 at 1:04 am

The cop done good shows he is human,,,,,,,,,,,

32. 32 Titus McGillicutty Nov 16th, 2013 at 4:29 pm

The cop was a good dude. The sport bike rider is an assface for posting the video and getting the cop in trouble. Plus, it was his friends bike and not even his. Whatta jerk. Glad the cop got his job back.

33. 33 Iron Horse Nov 16th, 2013 at 8:54 pm

I agree with BigWave916 and calif phil as well as most others on this blog. We need way more cops that act like human beings. Too bad Big Brother (and the ever present camera) is watching everything we do anymore.

34. 34 nicker Nov 17th, 2013 at 12:02 am

RE:
    “…We need way more cops that act like human beings…”

Humans are overrated.
    We need more cops with brains.

RE:
    “… There is a law in regards to how fast you leave from a stop, it’s called exhibition of speed …”

More to the point there is also a “law of unintended consequences.”
    How did the cop know the squid was even remotely qualified to ride the scooter his confessed to having “borrowed”…???

-nicker-

35. 35 Terence Tory Nov 17th, 2013 at 7:12 am

Nicker:”We need more cops with brains.” yep,but more to the point they should possess-Wisdom.

Old Cops and old police women know how the world works and have the smarts to realize that a stern word or stepping out of a situation is enforcement.

36. 36 Mike Corbin.com Nov 18th, 2013 at 9:46 am

Why did he turn the Cop in ?

37. 37 TPJ Customs Nov 18th, 2013 at 10:07 am

It’s not hardly a drag race when a mini van was going the same speed. Finally a cool cop and now he’s not anymore.

38. 38 Sark Nov 19th, 2013 at 1:24 am

not even going fast, no big deal.

39. 39 DRAGON Nov 19th, 2013 at 12:57 pm

lmao would have been funny if the cop had got his ass for speeding

40. 40 Mike Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:27 pm

I’ve been pulled over for leaving a stop light too quickly. I didn’t get a ticket, but got a written warning for “exhibition of speed”. That was in Colorado several years ago. Different states have different laws,but I’d guess that something similar is on the books pretty much everywhere.

Trade In Your iPhone