2013 Netherlands Bigtwin Expo Custom Motorcycle Winners

30bigtwin31bigtwin32bigtwin33bigtwinWheely Shop (Marc de Vriese) 1977 Yamaha XS 650. Dummy oil tank for electric components. Upside down Sachs Roadster front end.

10bigtwin11bigtwin 12bigtwin13bigtwin14bigtwin15bigtwinBlackmarket Customs. 2001 Buell M2 Cyclone Chopper. One-off Girder front end. Chain conversion. Fat Boy wheels. Internal throttle. Headlight from Citroen 2CV.

41bigtwin41bisbigtwin42bigtwin43bigtwin44bigtwin45bigtwinP&D Custom Bikes (Chris Nichols & Dave Batchelar) 1996 Harley-Davidson Sportster with Twin Cam rocker boxes. Engraving by Don Blocksidge. Paint by Keith Baker.

21bigtwin22bigtwin23bigtwin24bigtwinBuilder Danny Van Gerven. Built in shed 10’ x 10’. 1987 Suzuki Intruder. Ducati Monster front end. V-Rod headlight. Mikuni carburetor.

All pictures @ Onno “Berserk”  Wieringa at Madness Photography for Cyril Huze.

7 Responses to “2013 Netherlands Bigtwin Expo Custom Motorcycle Winners”

1. 1 tedshred21 Nov 27th, 2013 at 11:07 am

Those are not twin cam rocker boxes on the orange sportster. Nice engraving though

2. 2 Badams Nov 27th, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Its always interesting to see custom work from outside the USA. Pretty little sporty with a digger-esqe vide looks the most viable.

3. 3 Woody's Nov 27th, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Beat me to it, Badams 🙂 First thing I thought of was let’s find a Ness or LRT digger tank for it and off we go. Nice bike.

4. 4 Terence Tory Nov 27th, 2013 at 7:29 pm

The Sportster manages to be a full-retro Digger and modern at the same time,it’s a good effort.That Intruder would be very fast and scare most Harley riders to death,the 1400s are very fast.

5. 5 Will Nov 28th, 2013 at 5:44 am

I see the engraving on P&D’s Sportster was done by Don Blocksidge. If you haven’t seen any of his work before, it’s worth checking out. He’s been doing custom work for at least four decades now, having originally been apprenticed to UK gun makers Webley & Scott back in 1946!

6. 6 richard Nov 28th, 2013 at 11:08 am

I rode a ’76 650 Yamaha for 38,000 miles. I hated the seat, hated the vibration and it had a tough shifting tranny when hot (helped greatly by using Spectro blended oil) but loved the bike. It had that vertical twin classic profile. I sold it to a guy who chopped it. I wished I had kept it.

7. 7 Blackmax Nov 28th, 2013 at 1:23 pm

I rode Suzuki Intruders back in the day
    For power to weight ratio there was not a bike short of a over 1000 cc sportbike
    or a V-Max that could touch it . Nice to see someone do something nice with one.
    the Triumph is pretty cool too

Crusher