TÜV Approved Bagger Parts For Big Wheels

ricks1In 2013, Rick’s Motorcycles was the 1st company offering a European-manufactured and TÜV-approved 30-Inch front wheel. It is now followed with the development of a number of innovative and fully homologated system components for 21 to 30″ wheel equipped Baggers. At 37.5 lbs (17 kg) Rick’s 30” x 4” CNC aluminum wheel is stated by the manufacturer as having the lowest weight versus all other 30’ wheel available in the world. Weight was minimized where it hurts the most, at the rim, with pockets cut into the entire diameter of the wheel. At certain points, stabilizing ribs preserve wheel’s integrity. Rick’s wheels have been tortured, tested at speeds of over 125 mph (200 km/h) and eventually were homologated by TÜV, the most demanding testing organization in the world. Other road tested bagger parts from Rick’s include.

ricks6ricks4Rick‘s 15’’ Brake Disc Conversion Kit
For better heat distribution, resulting in faster stopping, Rick‘s team opted for a bigger brake disc diameter to install with a 30″ wheel. The Rick‘s 15” Brake Conversion Kit will also work with Rick‘s 21″, 23″ and 26″ tall wheels. The kit includes two 15’’ full floating brake disc rotors in machine finish, two polished Rick‘s 6-piston calipers and the necessary pair of lower fork legs and hardware for specific wheel size fit.

ricks5Side Filler Kit For Touring Models 2009 – 2013:
These extended side covers offer a better look and improved airflow around the cases. They are manufactured from heavy-duty fiberglass. They are bolt-on parts using the factory mounting points. They also work with Rick‘s custom saddlebags and CVO cases, model years 2009 to 2013.

Stainless Steel Handlebar:
TÜV-approved 30 mm handlebar fitting the stock handlebar clamps. At 270 mm high, they offer a relaxed touring position. The stock handlebar/riser covers can be retained as short risers fit the stock mounting position. The handlebars allow stock or aftermarket controls. Despite the slim look and 90° angles, cables and hydraulic lines can be run internally.

ricks3Headlight Mask For 23”-26”-30” Front Wheels:
Looking like a Halloween mask from hell? It is manufactured from heavy-duty fiberglass with additional aluminum inserts at the 4 mounting points. Exact fitment is warranted. As other Rick‘s Touring headlight masks (for 23 or 26-Inch Rick‘s Wheels), it compensates for the additional rake of the front fork when mounting a 30″ wheel. LED-powered headlight inserts offer a super-bright night light. For those using a pneumatic/hydraulic fork suspension the mask is conceived such a way that the fender can fit tightly into the headlight housing!

RICKs7Touring Front Fenders For 23”-26”-30” Front Wheels:
The bigger the wheel, the greater the challenge to build a stable, non-flexing fender offering protection and safety. Rick‘s touring fenders are manufactured from steel for a reason. Fit to the tire is as close as possible while still preserving correct clearance for all terrain touring conditions.

Triple-Trees And Steering Head Modifications (TÜV-approved):
The most important modifications to adapt a tall front wheel on a bagger are the least visible. Mounting a 23”, 26” and 30” front wheel equals to a 2” to 4” extended front fork. To preserve as much as possible the stock riding characteristics, Rick‘s is offering a modification of the steering head or a new steering head (for 30” wheel) with a set of CAD designed specific to the wheel size triple trees. One of Germany‘s fastest Autobahn linking Frankfurt, Karlsruhe and Basel in almost a straight line is just next to Rick‘s “House of Custom“ near Baden-Baden. The twisting narrow roads of the Blackwood Forest are just as close. It’s on these roads that all kits were tested before to be submitted and approved by TÜV. Rick’s Motorcycles.
ricks2

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

25 Responses to “TÜV Approved Bagger Parts For Big Wheels”

1. 1 Rodent Jan 16th, 2014 at 10:22 am

The TUV has been bribed or are just idiots!

2. 2 Shifter Jan 16th, 2014 at 10:29 am

Rodent, If you had any knowledge of TUV you would not make such a statement. Always negative. I remember that you were the guy who stated that Polaris would not be able to release any Indians…Always wrong? Lol.

3. 3 Terence Tory Jan 16th, 2014 at 10:34 am

I’d like to know the maximum TuV speed rating for the thirty front wheel.

4. 4 Rodent Jan 16th, 2014 at 11:06 am

Shifter:
    See what happens when you take your 30″ ride into your favorite dealer to trade for a new bike!

5. 5 Jusmecuz Jan 16th, 2014 at 11:11 am

We don’t see too many of these around Bama…

6. 6 BobS Jan 16th, 2014 at 11:16 am

Rodent I highly doubt anyone puts this much money and efort into customization thinking they’re going to make bank on resale. I don’t like big wheels but I do like to modify my ride. I do it because I enjoy it, period.

7. 7 1550tc Jan 16th, 2014 at 1:15 pm

Rodent take any custom BIKE into a dealer and see what what you get. Go ask a Big Dog Owner about re sale. LOL.

8. 8 .357 Magnum Jan 16th, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Top ten things that cause motorcycles to drop in value:

10. Stickers that leave residue when removed
    9. Paint discoloration and vinyl seat tears
    8. Age
    7. Engine and drivetrain customizations
    6. Bolted-on chrome covers, skulls, flames, etc.
    5. Custom paint jobs
    4. Riding in the rain
    3. Wear on the tires, especially missing “pubic hairs” from the molding process
    2. Taking it out of the garage, at all, ever

And the #1 cause of motorcycles’ drop in value:

1. Removing it from the showroom floor.

Anybody else want to see a pic of Rodent’s pristine, never-ever-ridden motorcycle that he keeps on rented floorspace at his local dealership, in order to prevent it from losing value? I bet it’s all kinds of sparkly and shiny and clean!

9. 9 Rodent Jan 16th, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Having just attended the 2 biggest motorcycle actions in the USA last weekend in Las Vegas I just happened to observe that showroom stock brought the most money. But what do I know!

10. 10 Jezza Jan 17th, 2014 at 1:05 am

Who cares if a customized bike loses resale value anyway? Isn’t that the price you pay for enjoying the experience of ownership, individualization and riding the crap out of it? I’ve done a ton of work on my bike and enjoyed every minute I spent wrenching on it. It looks and rides great and I don’t give a damn what it’s worth resale. It’s priceless to me!

11. 11 badams Jan 17th, 2014 at 1:13 am

Bagger deal has jumped the shark tank.

12. 12 Terence Tory Jan 17th, 2014 at 4:00 am

Over 80K USD? Plenty of grown men in D still live with mother so I guess they have to spend their discretionary cash on something.

13. 13 Brad Schaeffer Jan 17th, 2014 at 6:51 am

If I was into big wheel bagger I would pick Rick’s. He is also an official Harley dealer. Very serious work.

14. 14 Brandon Jan 17th, 2014 at 6:55 am

Agree with Brad. Rick’s has a superb reputation. His parts are TYV approved. How many competitors in the US would pass TUV testing? Very few, if any.

15. 15 HD Rider Jan 17th, 2014 at 11:39 am

In looking at the picture of the bike with the 30″ wheel and I’m trying to figure out how much suspension travel the front forks have. It doesn’t look like they have any travel at all — otherwise the wheel and fender would hit the headlight and frame. What is this, a rigid front end? — give me a break, I want something I can ride.

16. 16 Donnie Respery Jan 17th, 2014 at 11:42 am

HD Rider. You should read the feature before asking this question.

17. 17 HD Rider Jan 17th, 2014 at 11:49 am

I read the feature where it said “For those using a pneumatic/hydraulic fork suspension the mask is conceived such a way that the fender can fit tightly into the headlight housing!”. I just don’t see how you can have any suspension travel at all with this setup — there’s certainly nothing mentioned in the article about available suspension travel. The bike in the picture appears to be rigid — the only mention of touring is that the fender is far enough away from the tire to keep from getting jammed with debris. So what am I missing here?

18. 18 bobx67 Jan 17th, 2014 at 12:44 pm

fork is pneumatic = air suspension. its adjustable. park and let air out = like in the picture. ride – put air in fork = suspension is back.

19. 19 James just another crazy Kiwi Jan 17th, 2014 at 3:34 pm

There is a guy who makes caricatures of motorcyclists and sells the models on-line
    Some of the motorcycles look like this.

I just cannot get my head round why you would want to do this to your motorcycle……apart from wanting to be one of the look at me crowd .

Sorry I don’t mean to be negative

20. 20 Mike Jan 17th, 2014 at 4:35 pm

15-20 years ago, our full sized cars rolled on 15 inch wheels, pickup trucks were on 15s or 16s. Big wheels and tires on lifted trucks were considered a joke at first, as were the donks and high risers on 20s. Now, your car rides on 18s, and your wife’s SUV is rolling on 20s. It wasn’t a fad, it was a paradigm shift.

The same thing is happening with motorcycles, is just taken us longer to adopt and adapt. When Matt Hotch built the Vinnie, a 23″ wheel was enormous. Now, you won’t even notice a 23, and 26s are commonplace. Maybe it will peak soon, maybe the new 32″ front wheel is where it ends. Or maybe not. Meantime, I don’t think for a second that these bikes built on 23-26-30 inch front wheels are going anywhere but down the highway, their owner wearing a big shit-eating grin.

21. 21 Jusmecuz Jan 17th, 2014 at 9:52 pm

Good point, only thing is- the 20′s on mama’s Yukon look good…This here is more like the 30s & 36′s stuffed under a 1987 box Chevy Caprice rollin thru the ghetto. You know the ones with the M&Ms or Starburst themed paint job and jacked 4ft. off the ground. I mean some real silly shit. Yea, that’s what this reminds me off. But if that’s your thing, go for it.

22. 22 RUB Jan 18th, 2014 at 8:41 am

don’t see alot of these on the road in South Florida …………………………….

23. 23 Fausto Jan 19th, 2014 at 9:25 am

It looks better than the stock bike. It would look really cool flying through the air!

Landing might prove to be hazardous…

24. 24 tommyboy Jan 20th, 2014 at 11:12 pm

Old P T said it best……..

25. 25 bobx Jan 21st, 2014 at 8:31 am

must be a ton of completely STOCK bikes out there.

guess most people dont change ANYTHING because it came from the factory PERFECT.