See A Harley-Davidson Being Stolen Under The Watch Of A Surveillance Camera

4 a.m. Just need to yank the bike to break the steering lock. Thanks to the video proof that this Harley-Davidson was really stolen, not hidden, Progressive Insurance sent a check of $13,203.34 to the owner. Motorcycle still not recovered…

16 Responses to “See A Harley-Davidson Being Stolen Under The Watch Of A Surveillance Camera”

1. 1 Bruce Feb 4th, 2014 at 10:07 am

So, this guy left his bicycle on location with his fingerprints all over it?

2. 2 Jimmy Feb 4th, 2014 at 10:25 am

Maybe it was just me bu,t he seemed to have ignition power too quick indicating the key was in the ignition switch, no?
    And if the key was in the switch, why not pull it out and unlock the forks?
    Regardless, it hurts to see this happen to someone’s baby.

3. 3 Guy Feb 4th, 2014 at 10:45 am

This guy should be castrated then burned at the stake. Scum. Why didnt the owner have the sense to lock it to the rails that were feet away? Harley have a lot to answer for too, their bikes are just not secure enough. None of this excuses the lowlife that stole it. Hope the owner is special forces and catches him.

4. 4 cafesportytc Feb 4th, 2014 at 11:09 am

A modern harley ignition switch isn’t complicated.. just needs jumpers in the right location…

5. 5 bigitch Feb 4th, 2014 at 2:44 pm

so the camera can zoom in and zoom out and move where the person is walking as if someone was controlling it.
    very strange

6. 6 Brett Feb 4th, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Bigitch. On YouTube, the bike owner explains that he shot with his phone the film shown to him coming from the security camera. He was not authorized to take the camera video as evidence. The camera doesn’t move. But he shot the video with his phone, zooming, panning, etc.

7. 7 Mr Dick Feb 5th, 2014 at 7:37 am

Two words, 45 Colt!!

8. 8 Jusmecuz Feb 5th, 2014 at 8:01 am

This dude knew exactly what he was doing and didn’t just roll up on this bike by chance at 4am. This wasn’t his first rodeo either. Also, nobody cares about fingerprints, unless they’re in the Felon database.

9. 9 OGB Feb 5th, 2014 at 8:50 am

First he wearing gloves, second he didn’t leave the bike. I bet he loaded in the same truck he put the motorcycle in. He’s not wearing a helmet, so I don’t think he rode the motorcycle off, plus it doesn’t look like he got it started, lights are on but it looks lik he is pushing it.

10. 10 BobS Feb 5th, 2014 at 9:06 am

Two words, new bike!

11. 11 HD Rider Feb 5th, 2014 at 9:22 am

I didn’t realize how flimsy the fork locks are. I have a 2010 Wide Glide that doesn’t require a key to start – just turn the ignition switch on the tank. Normally I only lock the forks, but maybe I should start locking the ignition too.

12. 12 Will Feb 5th, 2014 at 10:35 am

People forget that locks keep honest people honest. Criminals don’t care about locks, alarms, etc…

13. 13 Larry Hollingsworth Feb 5th, 2014 at 12:05 pm

I had a 2001 FXDXT and I never trusted the fork locks. I used a pad lock that I used to lock the doors on my 18 wheeler trail doors when carrying a load on my rear brake caliper. You could role the bike a few inches that was it. if you want to steal it . It had to be picked up and carried. Never had no problem.

14. 14 1550tc Feb 5th, 2014 at 7:17 pm

another reason why i love sturgis, havent ever locked up my bike there anywhere 🙂

15. 15 ins co hater Feb 6th, 2014 at 5:50 pm

imange having to prove to the ins co that he (the owner) didnt steal his own bike whatever happened to innocent till proven guilty ..todays ins co are way outta control are they afraid that thier yearly bonus will not be in the millions total bullshit

16. 16 JoAnn Bortles Feb 11th, 2014 at 9:29 am

I always use a disc lock on the front brake disc. Not sure how they’d cut that as there’s no room to fit a tool to cut the slide bolt. But my bikes do not have locking forks. I wonder how many bikes with locking forks are stolen? You can see this guy slamming the front end back and forth, there must a be a trick to getting past the fork lock and this guy knows it. I wonder if a disc lock would have saved this bike?

Crusher