The Victory Gunner. Big Muscle In A Throwback Bobber Style Motorcycle.

gunner00gunner001 gunner002Gunner1GunnerLegendsIn the Bobber category, most motorcycles privilege style over power and handling. To differentiate itself from the competition, Victory Motorcycles created a new offering adding the extremely popular urban retro design to the ride and handling that comes standard in a Victory cruiser, making the 106” Gunner their first Bobber able to outclass others both in the city and on the highway. The Gunner is the first brand new throwback Bobber style heavy cruiser motorcycle offering such power on a full size chassis with lowered seat.

Gunner15Gunner16Gunner10Gunner11Gunner6Gunner7Gunner8Gunner13Not surprisingly for this type of motorcycle, Victory Motorcycles decided to offer a very attractive price (MSRP $12,999) while at the same time proposing quite a few very nice customization options. To put your own spin on the Gunner, among the custom accessories available when you will order your 2015 Gunner: red solo seat, stage 1 custom exhaust pipes, solo luggage rack, billet grips, V drag bars, Cam tensioner covers, billet engine covers, etc.
gunnerretouchedGunnerspecs

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

68 Responses to “The Victory Gunner. Big Muscle In A Throwback Bobber Style Motorcycle.”

1. 1 Mike Feb 8th, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Sigh. Looks just like my 2006 Victory Vegas with different paint and white letter tires.

2. 2 Josh Parker Feb 8th, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Looks pretty good to me.

3. 3 Henry Feb 8th, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Like.

4. 4 Drake Feb 8th, 2014 at 1:16 pm

The High Ball and the Gunner, probably the only 2 from Victory that I feel are worth buying in terms of combo design and power.

5. 5 sidehacker Feb 8th, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Best looking Victory yet. I may have to see if they will let me trade in my 02 Eglide.

6. 6 B. Dreyfus Feb 8th, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Good looking, but seems to sit high from the ground. Or is it me?

7. 7 Grumbler Feb 8th, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Looks as if they combined the High Ball with the Judge to get the Gunner. I like that design. High Ball, to me, didn’t cut it with the apes and white walls while Judge was too, uh, rectangular. YMMV.

8. 8 John Hubbard Feb 8th, 2014 at 1:21 pm

I agree, should sit 1″ lower. Good price.

9. 9 Brett Feb 8th, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Looks like the Judge with a fat front tire…. Also proves factories need to stop trying to use terms like Chopper & Bobber. This is not what I think of when I hear the term bobber.

10. 10 Boomer Feb 8th, 2014 at 1:26 pm

This bike is going to be a very good seller I think. With just a few addons it really sets it apart. The spoke wheels which are not spoke wheels is the answer to those who prefer the mag type wheels. Very smart Ma Vic!! Very nice visual appeal with just a 25″ seat height. Short folks are really going to like this one!!

I think Conquest Customs is going to get real busy with sales to those with this bike. Looks to be very easy to go from the stock Gunner to something like this: http://www.conquestcustoms.com/images/gtams6.jpg

11. 11 BlkBkr Feb 8th, 2014 at 1:26 pm

@b. dreyfus-The seat height is 25 inches.

12. 12 Guy Feb 8th, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Oh thats disappointing. That is NOT a Bobber. Come on Victory stop just changing bits on the same bike and come up with something new. How about a propper muscle bike, twin shocks, usd forks, smaller tank, mid controlls and that stonking 1731cc engine. Go on be brave or fade away.

13. 13 Jason Feb 8th, 2014 at 1:31 pm

It’s as much a bobber as the new Harley bobbers. You can’t expect a bike looking like a bobber from the 50″s and 60’s.

14. 14 Tom Ryan Feb 8th, 2014 at 2:00 pm

The front fender should fit much closer to the front tire and the rear fender is way too big to make the bike look like a bobber. The rack on top of the rear fender has to go too. The rear fender should also be moved down a whole lot to get rid of that space between the bottom of the seat and swing arm.

15. 15 BobS Feb 8th, 2014 at 2:13 pm

It’s a good looking bike, should be fun to ride. But a new wheel does not make a new model and shaving a couple inches off the front fender doesn’t make it a bobber. It’s a Vegas with a nice paint job and a better handling wheel-tire combo.

16. 16 Jay McElroy Feb 8th, 2014 at 2:14 pm

Nice Power for the weight but not enough Ground Clearance for me to consider already scrape hell out of my Kingpin and it has an inch higher ground clearance .. Think they should have tried a 180 rear tire as well ..

17. 17 Rodent Feb 8th, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Does the MSRP include dealer setup?

18. 18 mkv Feb 8th, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Not bad for the pricepoint

19. 19 Dirty Feb 8th, 2014 at 2:40 pm

I predict that this bike will replace the Vegas 8-Ball. Essentially the same bike from the fork mounts back with a new smaller headlight, fatter front tire and smaller front fender. I like the changes but calling it a bobber is a little bit of a stretch

20. 20 Yank Feb 8th, 2014 at 3:17 pm

Not impressed at all. Would not even look twice at this bike on the street or in the showroom.

21. 21 James just another crazy Kiwi Feb 8th, 2014 at 4:06 pm

A Bobber is just a stripped down lightly modified standard Motorcycle with maybe some engine mods.
    That is just what it is.
    Like some parts of the bike, but not sure about the red/tan seat I bet there is a darker version available.
    To get a 40’s 50’s looking Bobber look you need to have a brand that was there at the time.
    AKA Indian and Harley. You often hear people hoping Indian will come out with a Bobber and I hope they do and do it well.
    HD tried and failed miserably with the Cross Bones. 17” rear and 16” front wheel made it look odd and not retro and then the was the lump of Tupperware under the seat. (stupid Crossbones stickers)
    Maybe the design team there is now TOO focused on getting younger riders on seats.
    Bring back a Springer based Bobber but keep it traditional…..It is not hard it’s in the history books

22. 22 Ernie L Feb 8th, 2014 at 4:16 pm

Only a couple of grand more than a sportster 48 or 72..and with a usable seat height for us hobbits..Good deal

23. 23 richard Feb 8th, 2014 at 4:27 pm

THAT is NOT a “bobber”.

24. 24 Catamini Feb 8th, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Did you notice that it is featured as Bobber style, not as a Bobber. Aside from this, I think it’s a good looking bike and running strong.

25. 25 Matt W. Feb 8th, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Not as radically different from the rest of the Victory cruiser line up as I had imagined style wise but the ergonomics combined with that powerplant and price point certainly put the “bobber style” Gunner in a category of it’s own. Like another commenter said before I also wouldn’t be surprised if this ended up replacing the 8-Ball. I REALLY dig the accessorized Gunner bellow! IMO Victory should consider making the seat and engine accents standard on the 2016 model.

26. 26 Dale Feb 8th, 2014 at 5:02 pm

Looks like the child of a Victory Vegas and a H-D Softail Slim. At least it has a reasonable headlight and not one of the silly angular things that most Victory’s have

27. 27 Brennard Feb 8th, 2014 at 5:08 pm

A direct competitor of the Harley FLS Slim, but the Slim is $16,000, $3000 more than the Gunner. Reason why the Gunner is going to sell very well, at the expense of HD.

28. 28 BCinSoCal Feb 8th, 2014 at 5:34 pm

To my way of thinking, that is a great looking bike. Reminds me more of an FXR , than a bobber, but come on guys do you really expect a manufacturer to made a real bobber, like the junk you see the young dudes with the brim of their ball cap turned up riding? If that is what you really want, it’s easy to have, hacksaw the rear fender off at the 12:00 position, throw away the front fender and seat put on a solo seat with springs. Done!

29. 29 Mike Feb 8th, 2014 at 5:35 pm

Not that I have had time to digest this, rather than the bike itself failing, I would rather call it a total marketing team FAIL (i.e. hyping the bobber thing, which was stupid given what they knew was going tot be released to the world today). They could have just advertised it as an updated Vegas and people would have thought better of it.

30. 30 Steve Carr Feb 8th, 2014 at 5:39 pm

I am sorry, I don’t see a real “Unique” difference her with past models. Sure there are “some” things….But this is a half hearted attempt guy’s.

I have to call it as I see it, be it right or wrong….

Steve Carr

31. 31 BobS Feb 8th, 2014 at 5:56 pm

” Join us at noon Saturday for the unveiling of the newest member of the Vegas family of Victory cruisers…” Would have got a much better response. Victory I’m sending my resume’.

32. 32 Mike M Feb 8th, 2014 at 6:29 pm

Would you guys shut up with the “Aint no Bobber” crap. We get it we all know what a bobber is. In 1969 or whenever were you guys bellyaching that a Pontiac Trans-Am wasn’t an actual Trans-Am racecar? It’s such a stupid thing to get worked up about. Discuss the bike on its own merits not that they call it “Bobber style”. With that said, I’m not the biggest fan of the looks and I personally wouldn’t buy a Victory until the aftermarket started supporting it better.

33. 33 Woody Feb 8th, 2014 at 6:29 pm

Not sure what Victory is doing wrong, but they’re consistent. I want to like them because of the attention to detail, but I just can’t. Looks like the love child of a Star and a Fat Bob. It’s a nice bike, I guess, but it just doesn’t flow right or move me.

34. 34 Patrick Sheppard Feb 8th, 2014 at 6:33 pm

All this because the next true bobber from Polaris will be a 2015 Indian?

35. 35 Mike Feb 8th, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Mike M has a small point here so I’ll discuss the bike on its merits, which was marketed heavily by Victory’s brain-dead marketing department as an all new uncompromising bobber style bike:

Same frame, tank, fender, handlebars, turn signals as the heavy cruiser Vegas, which first came out in 2003;

Same engine and state of tune as every other Victory

Same tires, forks and headlight as the existing Judge;

Rims are the only thing “new” along with a slightly less padded seat to get the claimed 25″ seat height

All this means it is just a parts-bin special, that has no significant, if any, weight reductions or performance modifications so as to qualify it in any way shape or form as either “new” or bobber-ish, or “uncompromising” or whatever other bull Victory circulated around. IN fact, now that I think of it, it is essentially the SAME BIKE they already have in their lineup with just paint and wheel changes. On the merits that SUCKS.

Best just not to market to folks that you are unveiling anything “new” at all, and just offer better paint and wheel option for existing bikes.

36. 36 thomas Feb 8th, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Kool,,

37. 37 Mike Feb 8th, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Also, my last point:

Note that the pictures of the tricked-out Gunner they are showing with the reddish leather seat is NOT what you get for $12,999 (that would be the first pictured bike). To get the other bike, Victory will gladly overcharge you $399 for the leather seat, $899 for the shotgun exhaust pipes, $299 for the circular ignition covers, $199 for the engine covers, and $50 for the red spark plug wires. So to get THAT bike, you will write a check for $14,845 or thereabouts.

38. 38 Ray Feb 8th, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Whatever the comments. I like it and it’s a terrific price. Polaris will take a little bit from the Harley Slim sales and I think quite a bit from Japanese competitors.

39. 39 BobS Feb 8th, 2014 at 7:45 pm

Mike M, when you say “until the aftermarket started supporting it better” are you asking for cheap imported crap and a 300 page catalogue? Or are you interested in QUALITY American made goods? If it’s the former keep waiting, if it’s the latter I know where to go to get anything you want.

40. 40 Sheridan Feb 8th, 2014 at 8:08 pm

Wow that’s so new, different and uncompromising it has blown my mind!

Like Mike said it’s just a parts bin special, and really just looks like a few options added to one of their other bikes. New … pfffft.

So disappointed, but I kind of expected to be from Victory. I try so hard to like Victory bikes because they are American made and an option to HD, but their Metric styling does not suit an “old school” style. Take what you’re doing with the Judge and push that further! A Muscle power cruiser with handling.

41. 41 MDKUDER Feb 8th, 2014 at 8:28 pm

Bold new graphics and a different front wheel and fender…..Wow….I don’t think so.

42. 42 MDKUDER Feb 8th, 2014 at 8:30 pm

Oh is Willy Davidson working for Victory now?

43. 43 Terence Tory Feb 8th, 2014 at 8:53 pm

To “Bob” means to cut things off.So I guess the stripped bagger basis with the shorty front fender means it’s a Bobber.The rear fender is way shorter than a dresser one so I think it qualifies.If someone wants to fit a shorter one and have no suspension travel and grimy splatter all up his back on wet roads,go for it.Bobbers originally were never really a design or fashion.It was just lightening a road bike for racing or cutting crap off to make very heavy bikes a bit lighter to be easier to ride fast.Bobber fashion was a much later development for the bored and street profilers.

The mag wheels look good and utilise useable tire sizes for actually riding around corners at highway speeds.I would not buy a bike for highway use without the safety of TL mag wheels,period,They would look better on the road than in photos and have a late seventies Porsche race car design vibe to them.The tapered fork legs look very good,but I would not buy a bike this heavy with only one front disc without lugs on the other leg to have twin discs.The rack would work just fine to strap on a rolled up jacket and gloves or a small backpack.The seat “looks’ high,but that is just an optical illusion combined with the high looking big stretched tank.Just like the High Ball I think it would be one of the best looking bikes when actually seen riding on the street.If a dealer wouldn’t throw some buddy pegs in for free and do some discount I’d walk.

To all the “that does not look right”,”that bit should like like” and “It’s not really a” should just buy what they think they want.Which is a Harley.Even H-D has to put up with the mind set of riders who want a modern bike as reliable as a Japper,but want the looks of a Panhead.

James just another crazy Kiwi,no factory is interested in making bikes for 50+ year old guys who are fooling themselves about how old they actually are,and they are only a few years away from a pine box with free rent or a tube up their nose to breathe.

Victory seems to have the ability to design bikes that look good on the road with a rider on them,as does Star.Most Harleys look too shiny and chromed up like a tiny Tokyo custom street van now.

44. 44 BCinSoCal Feb 8th, 2014 at 10:07 pm

Wake up boys, I don’t have an axe to grind, but after not being without a Harley for the past 42 years, and after having ridden a Victory, I can say in my humble opinion it is a better bike than a Harley and American made , for all you rah rah American made boys . Now you say if he thinks Victory is a better bike why doesn’t he buy that, after 40 +years working on Harleys they are what I know, pre injection, pre computer ones. I ride Harleys because they are Harleys not because they are a better bike. If you truly want a better bike drive down the street to the next bike shop you find , whether it’s BMW, Honda, whatever it’s likely a better bike bike. Time to get off my soapbox.

45. 45 curly Feb 9th, 2014 at 12:23 am

Yep,same as Harley are doing-big wheel different paint and a few extras to make a bike suitable for around town only-cool if you aint into travelling out of town.

46. 46 James just another crazy Kiwi Feb 9th, 2014 at 2:30 am

I’m with BC been riding them so long I is not going to change.

And TT, HD already make many motorcycles for the 50 plus age group. Open your eyes boy !

47. 47 Terence Tory Feb 9th, 2014 at 6:05 am

James just another crazy Kiwi,they make them for the over fifties,but they would rather be doing it for twenty five year olds that will be customers for twenty years.Hence the new small twins.

I’m not having a bitch,just commenting on marketing reality.

48. 48 Donnie Respery Feb 9th, 2014 at 7:43 am

Best V-Twin American bike for 13K

49. 49 REV.JIM Feb 9th, 2014 at 9:12 am

just another label to get people to buy product. It’s unfortunate that so many riders today don’t understand the concept of a bobber or a chopper! This is no Bobber!

50. 50 Hank Sanders Feb 9th, 2014 at 9:00 pm

The point is not if it’s a pure bobber or not. The point is, is it a good motorcycle? I think it’s looking pretty good and it’s a very good deal for the money. As mentioned by another reader, it would not take much time and money to make it the bobber you want, the way you imagine your bobber. Period.

51. 51 Chingon Choppers Feb 10th, 2014 at 10:17 am

Anybody know when Victory id going to get rid of the cable throttle and clutch cable? Rumors are flying about a bigger 110″ engine but havent heard anythig else on the old technology. Flyby wire throtttle and hydraulic clutch would be a nice upgrade to the Victory line up.

52. 52 Paul Kisch Feb 10th, 2014 at 10:24 am

One of the best 2 Victory models, the other one being the High Ball. Great bike at this price.

53. 53 GD Feb 10th, 2014 at 11:06 am

snore
    too high off he ground and
    God they need to ditch that fugly 1996 stretched tank look
    it just dates the whole Victory line
    I love the fact that Victory is American made
    but it just has that committee build look to it

54. 54 Lone wolf Feb 10th, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Okay, most would agree that this is not a “traditional old-school” bobber style and that’s been made clear. However for $12,999 where else are you going to get an American made V-twin with a 106ci motor, 6 speed trans, oil cooled, right side drive, cruiser/bobber that looks as good as this one – This bike is only $500 more than the Vegas 8 Ball and has a lot more to offer – This thing is really going to sell – Well Done Victory

55. 55 Bud Feb 10th, 2014 at 1:02 pm

This is not a bobber. I ride a bobber…not what’s currently referred to as a bobber with a ape hangers and a peanut tank…but a traditional styled bobber. Not saying this isn’t a nice bike, but the fact that it’s called a bobber by Victory is just wrong. It’s got way too much going on to be a bobber. They should have just called it a “Regular Ol’ Motorcycle”.

56. 56 BobS Feb 10th, 2014 at 5:42 pm

I think we all know it’s not a real bobber. Did anyone expect a manufacturer to release an epa compliant bike without fenders? I hate the marketing as much as any of you. That bike isn’t a new model, it’s not un compromised bobber style, blah blah blah. But c’mon, that’s what marketing departments do. How long has H-D been telling us to express out individuality by purchasing the same bike as everyone else? Of course it’s BS, it’s marketing hype. Do car salesman lie? Do lawyers chase ambulances? Are politicians hypocrites? It’s what they do. What’s too bad is that this Vegas, and it is a Vegas, is a really nice bike and a heck of a value. Victory makes a great engine, that bike’s light for a cruiser, and finally a decent wheel tire combo on a really pretty cool mag. 5 minutes with a wrench gets the front fender off, 15 minutes with a sawsall bob’s the rear. There you go.

57. 57 cafesportytc Feb 10th, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Oh look its a JUDGE!……… it looks like every other victory…

58. 58 Blackmax Feb 10th, 2014 at 8:19 pm

I like it !!!
    But it was explained to me that each bike fit a certain market
    High Ball – if you want apes & that kind of style
    The Judge – for sport cruising
    The Gunner falls right in between them both….
    Yes, the marketplace will ultimately decide what they want ,
    but still, c’mon folks, It is great to have choices & the competition make everyone better….
    (My personal choice is still the High Ball I’ve ridden it twice now & would buy one
    (as a 2nd bike) in a heartbeat (If my significant other would let me)

59. 59 courtney Feb 10th, 2014 at 10:56 pm

Nice bobb — err, bike!

60. 60 Tooj Feb 11th, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Looks good to me. I already know what is ‘under the tank’, so to speak.

Essentially what the Vegas should have been. Thank god the big/wide wheel trend is dying the death it so richly deserves.

Hell with the bits and baubles, go for intake, pipes and a good map/dyno tune. A $1-1.5k investment in aftermarket go fast goodies and you won’t give a rat’s a@@ about “accessories”.

(Don’t tell me you other branders don’t do the same. It’s an EPA thing not a brand thing.)

61. 61 MDSPHOTO Feb 13th, 2014 at 12:31 pm

I’m lost I thought they were launching a bobber, it looks like all their other bikes. I hope they are not falling into the same trap as the motor company when it comes to radical design ideas. I know most of you will think this is blasphemy, but the Yamaha Bolt is ten times cooler than this thing!

62. 62 Terence Tory Feb 13th, 2014 at 2:33 pm

MDSPHOTO.Bolt comment +

63. 63 VicVegasOwner Feb 13th, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Cost $40 to lower it 1″, can be done in 15 minutes. And I think your right, 1″ to 1 1/2″ lower would be sweet!

64. 64 Emerson Feb 13th, 2014 at 11:30 pm

a few more inches lower, better intake and exhausts and this will kick the FLS Softail Slim in the arse.

65. 65 Ricky Feb 14th, 2014 at 1:38 am

2015 Victory Gunner looks like my 2007 8 ball Vegas
    except that it s a one seater and my is a two seater with back support!!

66. 66 Steve Feb 14th, 2014 at 7:59 am

Also, what’s up with the lack of paint options? i HATE that suede paint. Every scratch, chip, etc is there forever.

I want to like Vic so bad but every year its a constant disappointment. Great power, handling and reliability but its at the sacrifice of design and fit/finish.

67. 67 Steve Feb 14th, 2014 at 8:01 am

I dont understand how HD can put the 103 in ten different bikes and have them all look unique. Vic uses their 106 across the line and everything looks nearly identical.

68. 68 Sansolo Mar 19th, 2014 at 3:32 am

Looks nice…what do people think about the specs? For the “it’s not a bobber” nothing on the market is a bobber. For those that want a bobber go inside your garage and the overweight bike from 1962 that you don’t own and strip it down. Otherwise strip your comments!