Confederate Motorcycles Launching New X132 Hellcat Speedster

X132Hellcat-Speedster1X132Hellcat-Speedster2X132Hellcat-Speedster3X132Hellcat-Speedster4The X132 Hellcat Speedster,the new creation from Confederate Motors, represents a design and engineering evolution of the company’s esteemed X132 Hellcat, released in 2012. This new model is also the first Confederate motorcycle penned by the company’s new Head of Design, Pierre Terblanche, acclaimed for his tenure as Design Director at Ducati.

X132Hellcat-Speedster5X132Hellcat-Speedster6In typical Confederate style, the new Hellcat Speedster is a stripped down American hot rod motorcycle with a very industrial looking design and using the finest materials, components and methodology. It is powered by a massive 132 cubic inch (2,163cc) fuel-injected V-Twin engine (4.4” bore x 4.4” stroke) housed within a proprietary CNC machined billet aluminum case.

he company’s founder and CEO, Matthew Chambers, describes the new machine by saying, “The X132 Hellcat Speedster represents a return to the tradition of the Hellcat, which is a stripped down American hot rod motorcycle. A dragster for the street that is powerful, beautiful and most of all, a thrill to ride.”

X132Hellcat-Speedster7Pierre Terblanche, who spent more than a year designing the new Hellcat Speedster, says, “We looked at each and every component and asked, ‘How can we make this better?’ From the front fender all the way to the rear tag bracket, this is essentially an all-new motorcycle. The challenge was improving performance, reliability, and practicality without diluting the iconic simplicity and sensuality of the Hellcat. I couldn’t be more pleased with the outcome.”

For the new X132 Hellcat Speedster, the company opted for a wider 240 spec rear wheel and tire package, a new carbon fiber tank and wheels, as well as an ergonomically optimized solo saddle and forward foot controls. Confederate is limiting production of this exotic model to only 65 examples and has begun accepting reservations with a $10,000 deposit for the US$65,000 motorcycle. Confederate Motors.

Tech-Sheet1Tech-Sheet2

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

39 Responses to “Confederate Motorcycles Launching New X132 Hellcat Speedster”

1. 1 Rodent Aug 13th, 2014 at 8:55 am

So much bike and only 500 pounds, amazing!

2. 2 Seymour Aug 13th, 2014 at 9:28 am

Somehow not as exciting as the new Scout.

3. 3 Matt W. Aug 13th, 2014 at 9:33 am

Beautiful! Looks just as at home in a museum as it would my garage ;).

4. 4 Shifter Aug 13th, 2014 at 9:39 am

Cyril. When do you publish your Scout test ride?

5. 5 Admin Aug 13th, 2014 at 9:40 am

Cyril will publish it this coming Monday Aug. 18th.

6. 6 Drake Aug 13th, 2014 at 9:44 am

Left side. Pipe against cylinder?

7. 7 TJ Martin Aug 13th, 2014 at 10:02 am

Well … Confederate Motorcycles is nothing if not tenacious . So two thumbs up to a survivor … the bike .. as well as Terblanche’s re- emergence into the M/C design scene . The only thing off putting about the new Hellcat … is the price . Other than that ? A hands down winner on all counts

8. 8 SIGFREED Aug 13th, 2014 at 10:17 am

Now this is seriously NIIIIICE! The best looking Hellcat yet.

I am a huge fan of Terblanche designs and he has make the Hellcat look like a real motorcycle (perhaps for the first time).

140lb.ft and 500lb – WHAAAAAAAA..!!!

$65k – AAAAAAAhhhhh – NO..!!! How I wish I had that kind dough burning my pocket.

9. 9 CW Aug 13th, 2014 at 11:14 am

It would be pretty great if Confederate would build a bike for around 20K using what they’ve learned so far

10. 10 Tobby Aug 13th, 2014 at 12:02 pm

Beautiful engine. I assume a three cam with belt drive?

But why the forward controls on such a powerful bike, and no seat backstop?

11. 11 mkv Aug 13th, 2014 at 12:05 pm

At least the you right foot will be nice and toasty on cold days

12. 12 J Aug 13th, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Price point seems about right- limited to 65 units, how many $80K El Diablos are floating around now?

Cool color on those pipes- Ti?

13. 13 daviduhl Aug 13th, 2014 at 6:04 pm

Love their machines! like an aircraft

14. 14 frederick Aug 13th, 2014 at 6:09 pm

if that rear swingarm was upside down it would create a horizontal thrust line thru the motor rather than offering another busy angle…. guess i’ll just have to do it to mine after i win the lottery.

15. 15 Scotty Aug 13th, 2014 at 6:43 pm

16. 16 Tom Ryan Aug 13th, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Love the overall look of the bike with one exception. If I could afford this bike, or even the Ducati Diavel, the first thing to go on each of them would be the way the license plate and taillight are mounted. Hanging the plate over the back of the rear tire detracts from the total look of the bike.

17. 17 Doug Aug 13th, 2014 at 8:51 pm

Is that hp rating correct ? Seems low for such a large engine, regardless of the impressive torque

18. 18 Dave Blevins Aug 13th, 2014 at 9:00 pm

I have to say, I like this motorcycle… I usually feel Confederate’s cycles to be overly complicated and kinda clunky looking for a “naked” bike, but this bike has good lines, and still has that Confederate vibe.
    In my opinion it is the best looking bike they’ve made so far.
    Very nice indeed.

19. 19 Ray Aug 13th, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Doesn’t look much different than the previous one. I’m more interested to see their new Fighter!!

20. 20 Lo Ma Aug 13th, 2014 at 11:56 pm

The most beautiful motorcycle I have ever seen, a dream that you would like to like to realize.

21. 21 BobS Aug 14th, 2014 at 7:23 am

22. 22 Drew Aug 14th, 2014 at 7:25 am

Form and Function, with a more than ample dose of badassliness! :-)

23. 23 Drew Aug 14th, 2014 at 7:28 am

“Really dig this bike, except for the exhaust. It’s ugly and why would you intentionally wrap very hot pipes around engine parts you’re trying to cool???” – See more at: http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2014/08/13/confederate-motorcycles-unveils-new-x132-hellcat-speedster/comment-page-1/#comment-615413

Tuned / Equal length Exhaust

24. 24 Peddler Aug 14th, 2014 at 7:30 am

Conquest Customs – esk.

25. 25 Iron Horse Aug 14th, 2014 at 7:32 am

This is the best looking Confederate to date, imho. With 121hp and 140lb/ft of torque and only 500lbs., this thing should really move out.

26. 26 KD Aug 14th, 2014 at 8:46 am

Drew is spot on and beat me to the punch. Nice bike except for the exhaust. Why make it so long and with so many bends??

27. 27 TJ Martin Aug 14th, 2014 at 9:01 am

So hopefully in addition to putting on mirrors and signals …. the exhaust issue will be addressed as well before the actual production versions come into being

Funny … I was initially so blown away by the bikes overall looks …. I completely overlooked the exhaust foible until a few others here brought it up . The positive side of a forum such as this .

Molto grazie to all involved

28. 28 rebel Aug 14th, 2014 at 11:35 am

should have named it “SCOUT LEADER”, nice.

29. 29 stagolee Aug 14th, 2014 at 8:34 pm

There’s some unique beauty here. Very cool designs, but with that price point I’d be more inclined to buy a Ducati Diavel.

(NOTE: I understand that I’m not the target market. 6-figure income earners such as myself need not apply).

30. 30 GD Aug 15th, 2014 at 10:14 am

wow that is cool as shit

31. 31 Heavy Metal Aug 15th, 2014 at 11:40 am

I want one. Rode an older Hellcat before, I wanted that one too.

32. 32 Jim Castro Aug 15th, 2014 at 3:30 pm

The people that really like these motorcycles don’t have the money to buy one.

The people that have the money buy something else.

I haven’t seen one on the road since they were sub $30000 machines.

33. 33 Zipper Aug 15th, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Very ingenious the way the exhaust tip exiting the muffler faces forward underneath the rider. That way when a $10,000 crotch rocket smokes you all you have to do is pull over and idle letting the fumes drift up to your face. $65,000 G’s, must be nice. ..Z

34. 34 nicker Aug 15th, 2014 at 8:36 pm

How Cool is that….!!!!!
    No room for Posers there……….. :-)

-nicker-

35. 35 DOUGZ Custom Aug 18th, 2014 at 8:44 am

65 Grand? Wow, at one time I was asking half that for the FXRX-Wedge which happens to have the very first 132 cubic inch X-Wedge ever made by S&S (VIN L550001), not to mention its the only twin carbureted X-Wedge in existence. Glad I didn’t sell that bike and can’t wait to see what it’ll bring in a few years…

36. 36 Stony Crane Aug 18th, 2014 at 9:15 am

Great design and engine wasted on low production volume. When will they understand the business case?

37. 37 THHN Aug 18th, 2014 at 11:37 am

“I heard that Confederate never sells more than 10 bikes per year and is able to survive only because of investors money and local city subventions. True? – See more at: http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2014/08/13/confederate-motorcycles-unveils-new-x132-hellcat-speedster/#more-138370

No – I make parts for them, and they at least buy enough major parts to build many times that per year. And are increasing too, against other market indicators.

38. 38 mdsphoto Aug 21st, 2014 at 8:11 am

Pretty bike, but as others have mentioned I have never seen one of these on the streets or even at shows, and I lived not to far from their shop for 3-years. IMHO, you got $70K burning a hole in your pocket you are building yourself a ground up custom.

39. 39 RUB Aug 21st, 2014 at 12:08 pm

bad azz bike , wish I could afford to buy one ……………………………………………………