First 2015 Harley Road Glide 26 Inch Conversion

1RICKs_26_RoadGlide2RICKs_26_RoadGlideOnly two days after receiving the first 2015 Harley Road Glide (model FLTRXS) at his Harley-Davidson Baden-Baden/Germany dealership (aka Rick’s Motorcycles), the team had the bike in pieces and the frame modified with their 2014 TÜV approved 26/30-Inch front wheel conversion. As far as I know, the result seen here is the first 2015 26” Road Glide Bagger full conversion.

4RICKs_26_RoadGlideThe stretched tank is a modified Custom Chrome Europe part, on which Rick’s sheet metal workshop laid hand to adapt it to the new Road Glide. but the side fillers are Rick’s own. Notice the Kess Tech ESM “Sound adjustable“ exhaust system ending under the cases, tips pointing downward.

The customizing job includes Rick’s TÜV-approved frame modification, 9° Rick’s triple trees, Rick’s own 26’’ “Gimmi 5“ wheels with 13’’ discs and adapted HD calipers nicely powder-coated in red. On the front Rick’s own 26” steel fender was mounted and the rear received a complete “Rick Rod“ Bagger tail end with bags stretched 8” and 4.2” deeper than stock, with all extra space usable.

3RICKs_26_RoadGlideThe bagger is now equipped with an Arnott Air Ride, a Rick’s main stand operated electrically with sensors. Lots of other Rick’s custom parts complete the conversion: handlebar, grips, adjustable levers, front spoiler (fitted with HD DayMaker LED spotlights.) Only the “Good Guys“ air filter is a one-off …until Rick’s decides to produce it.

Paint job performed by Marcel Sinnwell, currently one of the most sought-after air brush artists in Germany. Road-tested by Rick himself on the Autobahn and on the very twisty roads of the Blackwood Forest. The bike is now in Spain on the island of Mallorca for the upcoming 9th Mallorca Bike Week where it is available for press test rides Rick’s Motorcycles. (photography @ Rick’s for Cyril Huze)
5RICKs_26_RoadGlide

24 Responses to “First 2015 Harley Road Glide 26 Inch Conversion”

1. 1 TJ Martin Oct 26th, 2014 at 9:00 am

Why ? Nuff said ! 😉

2. 2 Brus Oct 26th, 2014 at 9:54 am

Very nice!!! Rick’s rules!!!

3. 3 18bravo Oct 26th, 2014 at 10:28 am

Imagine if the same effort went towards curing cancer.

4. 4 SIGFREED Oct 26th, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Bad.., mmmm, VERY BAD, actually…

5. 5 Shifter Oct 26th, 2014 at 5:51 pm

I think it looks great although a 23″ front looks better to me.

6. 6 Bruce Oct 26th, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Sigfreed. Show us your bike before commenting negatively.

7. 7 Boomer Oct 26th, 2014 at 9:52 pm

Nicely done. I really like the subtle paint job. Just right.

Is the front end under air like an air ride rear suspension? I see the bike parked with the front fender right up to the fairing but while he is riding it; it isn’t. I think I like the looks better with it lifted.

8. 8 Wilhelm Oct 27th, 2014 at 6:08 am

I’m with Sigfreed here.

9. 9 Jeff Duval Oct 27th, 2014 at 6:12 am

Best out of a (normally very) Bad Bunch 😉 !

10. 10 Harlan Oct 27th, 2014 at 7:44 am

Nice!

11. 11 Gavin Oct 27th, 2014 at 8:02 am

Why would they put the old style bags/latches on it? I know he probably had them sitting on the shelf, but the bags are, IMO, one of the best upgrades on the new touring bikes. Otherwise, love the bike.

12. 12 Red Dog Oct 27th, 2014 at 8:50 am

The stock parts are probably sitting on the shelf in the back shop.

13. 13 skinny denny Oct 27th, 2014 at 9:53 am

What’s the next fad going to be?

14. 14 J.R. Oct 27th, 2014 at 9:56 am

Here’s the answer to the question nobody asked.

15. 15 Brett Oct 27th, 2014 at 11:21 am

The 1st big wheel bagger I see showing some class. Most often they are ugly.

16. 16 mike Oct 27th, 2014 at 1:51 pm

Looks are subjective, but this one is very restrained and tasteful, and I think it’s gorgeous. (Likewise, I appreciate well built bobbers, street trackers, traditional choppers, etc etc.) Since the mid 70s, I’ve been building my bikes to suit myself, and, if some guy who can barely handle the oil changes on his own ride thinks it’s ugly, it just makes me want to build more of them.

The guys who were laughing at 23″ baggers 6 years ago don’t even notice them today. Pushing the envelope drags the middle ground along for the ride. ( Board trackers from the early 20th century rode on 26″ers, so it’s just coming back around. )

Same thing happened to custom cars 20 years ago. The same guys who laughed at 18″ and 20″ custom wheels on passenger cars 20 years ago are rolling on them today, and it takes a 26″ or larger passenger car wheel to draw much notice.

17. 17 bilbo naggins Oct 27th, 2014 at 4:50 pm

And what exactly makes this an “approved” wheel with a shit rubber tire from Korea? Great T/T racer, tavern to tavern. Wouldn’t trust that rubber on a bet let alone an $85,000 dresser

18. 18 Blackmax Oct 27th, 2014 at 6:04 pm

No one can argue about German engineering
    Which (as you have documented this shop so many times before) is first rate
    TUV standard(s) are the toughest in the world, so this bike can roll anywhere!
    I like this bike & an excellent job on the redesigned 2015’s
    But please lose the “Big Wheel”
    I’m with “Shifter” a 23 would look better, anything bigger than that is a waste …
    But again just 1 man’s opinion
    (I would like a look at the dash/cockpit to see how he handled the Rushmore stuff )

19. 19 Woody Oct 28th, 2014 at 6:34 am

Nothing that can’t be fixed by the second owner. These bikes will be great for the industry, I envision small shops thriving on putting front ends back in a very short time.

20. 20 Wilhelm Oct 30th, 2014 at 7:16 am

Looks like there’s about 2 inches of travel in the front end. Better give potholes a wide berth.

21. 21 BCinSoCal Nov 19th, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Generally don’t like baggers of any flavor much less big wheel clown bikes . But really like the way this one is turned out (not to be confused with the way friendly girls were “turned out” years ago! Gute arbeit jungs!

22. 22 BEN NELSON Dec 3rd, 2014 at 5:03 pm

What did you use to delete the crash bar and or make your own and are they for sale thanks road glide junky.

23. 23 BEN NELSON Dec 3rd, 2014 at 5:04 pm

PS your shark head is sexy as hell.

24. 24 Roger Miller Mar 4th, 2015 at 10:57 pm

Love this bike! Exactly what i want! How can i get info on ordering and the price?

Cyril Huze