Pre-Evo Harley-Davidson Custom Bike Show

intro0intro1intro2Well known Harley dealer and customizer Bike Farm Melle in Northern Germany just organized their first-ever “Christmas Day Harley Pre-Evo Bike Show.” And what a beautiful line-up of restored and customized old school iron. Enjoy the pictures (photography @ H. Roesler for Cyril Huze)

00-10-20-3123 161718101112789131415192021
456

18 Responses to “Pre-Evo Harley-Davidson Custom Bike Show”

1. 1 Sharkey Dec 27th, 2014 at 9:23 am

Interesting and tasteful renditions of some very classic machines!

2. 2 Rocky3 Dec 27th, 2014 at 9:25 am

They are all great. The way motorcycles should always look.

3. 3 chicagojohn Dec 27th, 2014 at 11:05 am

Beautiful eye candy! Thanks!

4. 4 P. Hamilton Dec 27th, 2014 at 12:23 pm

The way I like them.

5. 5 SIGFREED Dec 27th, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Everything the Polaris will never be.

Call HD what you like, as often as you care to, but there is NO substitute for lineage – just ask Porsche, Mercedes Benz, Ford (and alike), or even Moto Guzzi.

The fact is, a broken lineage, is NO lineage.

There is no Triumph and there is no Indian. There is Hinckley and there is Polaris.

As far as the machines above – ask yourself how many other vehicle makers will have its (original) produce in a show (in whatever form of customization) and put up a show like this – very few I would propose. They are COOL BIKES – period (pun intended).

Make no mistake, there are great (modern) alternatives from various other co’s – the Moto Guzzi 1400 California is gorgeous (in the flesh more than what any photo will ever make it), the Hinckley (aka Triumph) Thunderbird is dynamically brilliant and will run circles around a Fat Boy, the Polaris (aka Indian) Scout is everything the Sportster can never be (I even like it – a lot), but none will EVER be a HD…

6. 6 stsn Dec 27th, 2014 at 2:56 pm

HD makes bikes that try to look old. Otherwise the soft tail and springer wouldn’t be in production.
    Triumph’s twin has fake CV carbs, the Indian Chief has those fake flathead mini-fins. Even the new EFI Enfield has the old style cycle parts.

That’s probably why the bikes in this article grab us so readily.
    They look real.

7. 7 Zenaldo Dec 27th, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Some great old iron nicely done…again..

8. 8 Dave Blevins Dec 27th, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Good lookin’ stuff.

9. 9 Iron Horse Dec 28th, 2014 at 7:59 am

Lots of good looking bikes.

The tan and red Pan along with the red sidecar equipped Pan are my favorites, although, I wouldn’t kick any of them out of my garage.

10. 10 richards Dec 28th, 2014 at 11:45 am

On the 8th day God made Harley Davidson!!!!

11. 11 cooldaddy51 Dec 28th, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Mmmmmm…………..electric start knuckle ? I wonder why?

12. 12 grmp54 Dec 28th, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Always great to see the real deal! Thanks Cyril! More please.

13. 13 cafesportytc Dec 29th, 2014 at 12:07 pm

That old F-Head bike , 2nd down, is just gorgeous..

14. 14 Martin Twofeather Dec 29th, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Just beauty’s I wish I owned them all………

15. 15 curiousgeorge Dec 30th, 2014 at 6:50 am

No Ironheads?

16. 16 tattooeddmike Dec 30th, 2014 at 7:51 am

What no Shovelheads? Cool, all beautiful machines!

17. 17 nicker Dec 30th, 2014 at 10:13 pm

RE:
    “…Triumph’s twin has fake CV carbs…”

Why would they bother….???
    Triumph’s legacy revolved around Amal Monoblocks and Concents….

-nicker-

18. 18 Blackmax Dec 31st, 2014 at 9:05 am

yes, there is nothing better than looking at old iron
    But, I disagree that it HAS to be HD
    The was an article not too long ago on this very blog
    about Honda reaching a milestone & how nice some of the old machines were.
    ALL of the companies have history, broken, sidetracked, etc, etc (Umm, AMF years ???)
    And all of them have machines that (up to the discretion of each individual)
    that can be admired. What is one man’s garbage is another man’s dessert !!!
    I like desserts in all of their forms.
    Some I eat, some I pass by, Some I admire from afar, because they cost too much ….

HardDrive
Harley Davidson Footwear
Thrifty Rent-A-Car System, Inc.
Affliction Holdings, LLC