2015. Daytona Bike Week. Views From The Boardwalk Bike Show.

2showhigh1showhigh0showlarge5showsmall7showsmall4showsmall8showsmall2showlarge100showsmall2showsmall

3showlarge9showsmall1showsmall1showlarge3showhigh2bisshowhigh(Photography @ Horst Roesler, @ Regina Graf Springer, @ Manfred Graf for Cyril Huze)

18 Responses to “2015. Daytona Bike Week. Views From The Boardwalk Bike Show.”

1. 1 takehikes Mar 19th, 2015 at 9:08 am

One look at that pile that appears to have won something tells me all I need to know…….staying away is good for me. Take the way back machine to days gone by and you saw bikes that won that got ridden there……

2. 2 58_pan Mar 19th, 2015 at 10:32 am

What is that blue and white fairing thing, it looks interesting. I would like to see the rest of the bike….

3. 3 Steal Your Face Mar 19th, 2015 at 11:39 am

That faux wood Jack Daniels bike looks pretty unique. I like the glass velocity stacks and the wood grain paint is cool. More pics of that would be nice. Got to agree with takehikes about that recumbent abortion. What the eff is that? The guys butt is at the height of the axle on that giant ass wagon wheel in back. I thought 46″ wheels were for the front of your bagger that you ruined to look like a hipster. Custom bikes are cool to look at and see what ideas the builder has, but most are not meant to ride more than 5 miles. Give me a stock looking, “sleeper bagger” with no frills and ride the snot out of it. After all isn’t that what bikes are for? Plus, cops don’t even notice when I cruise by at 80. They assume I’m some grandpa who’s old hog can barely do the speed limit.

4. 4 A 1 CYCLES Mar 19th, 2015 at 12:29 pm

JUST TO ADD…WE HAD 15 FXR’S RIDDEN TO THE SHOW IN THEIR OWN CLASS…THE JUDGES WERE FREAKED OUT HOW HARD THEY WERE RIDDEN…WE DIDNT CARE..JASON GRIMES FROM NORTH EAST CHOP SHOP WON WITH HIS BLACK 13 1/2 BIKE..GREAT SHOW 115 BIKES OF ALL FLAVORS! GOOD TIMES

5. 5 Rodent Mar 19th, 2015 at 4:59 pm

Before he got thrown off the Boardwalk(cement), Big Daddy Rat ran the best show ever held on the Boardwalk(cement). Those were the days and this is a poor replacement.

6. 6 Gene Mar 19th, 2015 at 5:36 pm

Rodent. It was a very long time ago. Unfortunately Today’s Rat’s Hole show is dead. Can’t attract 20 show bikes during Bike Week!!!

7. 7 Rodent Mar 19th, 2015 at 11:35 pm

When BDR passed his son and daughter in law took over and it was downhill rapidly. If BDR saw what it was today he would probably commit a few felonies upon his son and daughter in law.

8. 8 Harleyflh Mar 20th, 2015 at 5:26 am

One look at that crap tells me nothing is riden anymore .Lets make them do a 50 mile circut trip with check points and see where we end up .Most dont even run I bet what a waste

9. 9 Jack deagazio Mar 20th, 2015 at 6:31 am

Rodent, I was asked to take over the boardwalk show with my team of judges. The show was going down hill fast and i was asked to help save it. The show has had all positive reviews except for your negatively which you have for everything on this blog. If you think you can do a better job of doing this show i will hand it over to you, otherwise keep your stupid mouth shut.

10. 10 Rodent Mar 20th, 2015 at 8:42 am

Jack
    According to what I was told by BDR himself was the powers to be running the boardwalk (cement) concessions wanted him out and used political pressure to remove him from the boardwalk. Wasn’t there a big investigation into goings on in the operation and management of the year round problems with the property. Many times I was asked to be a show judge by BDR and I refused. You are right, the show did go down hill once it left the Boardwalk(cement)

11. 11 tony Mar 22nd, 2015 at 7:45 am

Rodent, you must have had a bad childhood and it has continued to this day. You are a very very negative person. Do you ever have anything good to say about anything. Probable not. Your negativity is so one bad it makes you sound stupid and you really dont know what you are talking about. You should really get a life. But being the type of person you are being ignorant and stupid you probably wont change. People who really know you take you with a grain of salt. Tony

12. 12 Rodent Mar 22nd, 2015 at 8:22 am

Tony,
    Anytime I’m critical about something you people go nuts. By the way when people badmouth my learned remarks it shows that I write the truth and the truth scares fools like you.
    I guess I stired up the politics on the Boardwalk(cement). The powers to be must be hiding something.
    So they try to discredit me.

13. 13 Jay Mar 22nd, 2015 at 8:33 am

I have known Big Daddy Rat (Karl Smith) longer and more intimately than you. Your story about the boardwalk is 100% false. I know the real story from Karl Smith. It was only about a money split. Will not tell you more. You are the laugh of all those who know you. A complete loser in life, professionally and personally A gossiper, not an insider. I guess that if you are not censored in this website it’s because all villages must have an idiot.

14. 14 Rodent Mar 22nd, 2015 at 9:16 am

Jay,
    I just stated that Karl got thrown off the Boardwalk(cement) and if you read my comment(it’s in plain English) and I didn’t state the reason. I might have used a better term and said he left the Boardwalk(cement) but it wouldn’t have resulted in the screaming controversy that I created. Debate is what makes life interesting. Put out the bait and the fish bite.

15. 15 Axel Mar 22nd, 2015 at 5:10 pm

Man, are those bikes b***f***ing ugly!

16. 16 Ron Martin Mar 23rd, 2015 at 12:35 pm

Well I don’t see anything on Willie’s Tropical Tattoo Bike show ! The real ride in show ! So many bike shows ! To see ! Bet Sturgis is goin to be full of them this year! $25 bucks get a award ! This is what it’s become !

17. 17 Admin Mar 23rd, 2015 at 12:43 pm

Rom Martin. Many pictures at the link below were taken at Willie’s Show. Everybody knows that it’s impossible at Willie’s to take good pictures of bikes in full.

18. 18 Ron Martin Mar 23rd, 2015 at 12:48 pm

Carl has been doin the events for a 100 years ! Been around the block ! A can stir up poop lol an he’s good at it ! Been doin it to me for years ! But I have respect for him! May not like WHAT he’s sayin ! but ! Not a yes man lol

Barnett