14th Edition Magic Bike Event in Ruedesheim, Germany.

Magic0Magic1Magic3Magic Bike Ruedesheim is both a touring and custom motorcycles event with a bike show competition in a city directly on the Rhine River where the eldest remember that it’s here that in 1958 Elvis Presley spent his time when he was drafted into military service serving in the the US 3rd Armored Division. His movie “GI Blues” features some landscape scenes shot around the city.

Ruedesheim is located on one of the main freight lines of Europe with trains rolling through the city day and night (only 20 minutes of silence per day!) So, I am told that the rumble of v-twins during the 4-day event sounds quite melodious to the locals… Visitors come from Switzerland, France, Belgium , Netherlands and other neighboring countries for a long weekend of riding and partying in this German wine country.

A few shots of some show competitors and winners (not all). Photography @ Horst Roesler for Cyril Huze.

Best Of show

Old School 3rd Place
#3_OldSchool0001#3_OldSchool0002

Bagger 1st Place
BS_#1Bagger0001BS_#1Bagger0002BS_#1Bagger0003

Classic 1st Place
BS_#1Classic0001BS_#1Antiq+0009

More bikes after the jump

#2_Antique_0001#2_Antique_0005#2_Antique_0011Antique 2nd Place

3.        1973 FLH “used style”, Marcel Maas/Netherlands

Modified Harley
1.        Softail Bobber, Andre Schermaschinsky/Custom World
2.        Beauty of the Black Forest, Thomas Scheske
3.        Heritage Softail, Markus Liedgens/Uhl Customs

Bagger/Touring
1.        “Armageddon” by Gifty Z.
2.        “Hustler”, Helmut Meyer, built by Fred Kodlin
3.        “Muckel”, Fred Jansen

Radical
1.        “Pirate”, Ultimate Bikes
2.        “Pure Evil”, Kev Hoar/Great Britain

Best of Show
1.        “Hustler”, Helmut Meyer, built by Fred Kodlin

14 Responses to “14th Edition Magic Bike Event in Ruedesheim, Germany.”

1. 1 Drake Jun 12th, 2015 at 8:51 am

Like in the US, it looks like Europe is not fond of custom excesses anymore.

2. 2 Woody's Jun 12th, 2015 at 9:41 am

You don’t think the “Best of Show” bike is excess? Seriously, I’m not trying to be argumentative, I just don’t see how that bike (and style) could be called anything else. (Maybe I just can’t get past the current big wheel trend)

3. 3 BCinSoCal Jun 12th, 2015 at 10:16 am

Wow, big turn out, some nice stuff, some not so nice

4. 4 TJ Martin Jun 12th, 2015 at 11:08 am

Best in Show = Wretched excess

1st Radical = Cartoon/Theme bike excess revisited

1st Bagger = Not as bad as the BIS but still wretched excess never the less

The rest ? Ehhh … they’re ok . Nothing new or innovative to write home about … but I guess they’re ..ok . Far too much ‘ Been There – Seen/Done That – Had the T-Shirt for years ‘ pastiches and trying way hard to be just like us . But .. ok … I guess

5. 5 Greeko Jun 12th, 2015 at 11:12 am

I bet TJ will never dare to send pictures of the bikes he supposedly has built himself. Ha, ha.

6. 6 TJ Martin Jun 12th, 2015 at 1:49 pm

…. and exactly why is that either relevant or pertinent to the discussion at hand Greeko ? … [ as he laughs uncontrollably ] Seriously .. do yourself and your online image a favor son and stick the the subject at hand

7. 7 Greeko Jun 12th, 2015 at 3:04 pm

It is pertinent because you sound extremely pretentious, wants to give lessons in bike building to everybody. So, we wait to see your customs. Dare to send pictures to Cyril. We all want to laugh at your expertise.

8. 8 Joe Lomanaco Jun 12th, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Greeko, TJM aka Terence Tony is just a pompous ass who is fooling no one.

9. 9 richards Jun 12th, 2015 at 6:26 pm

The old school chop….really nicely done and I think authentic. I like it!

One “nit pick” The bars ought to follow the same line as the forks. Everytime I see this it bugs me. I guess I’m a little too anal…

10. 10 James just another Crazy Kiwi Jun 13th, 2015 at 12:44 am

I disagree…. nicely lol old skool means bars should lean forward of the line of the forks.

Now there’s something to discuss rather than being negative like ol Two Joints

So Two Joints is Terence tear away Tony…yup makes sense.

Gawd Help us away from the flood of fools found on-line.

11. 11 Trike Lady Jun 13th, 2015 at 3:10 pm

I like Radical second place looks like a bike you can enjoy.
    Restored Classics are nice and I like them.

12. 12 so you know Jun 14th, 2015 at 5:49 pm

Greeko, just like TT aka TJM can never prove his self with his history in the game with photos. All he can show us is the pork chop his momma would tie around his neck so the dog would play him cause he had no friends, just like today.

13. 13 Jay Horton's Private Shop Jun 15th, 2015 at 8:44 am

Wow, some really nice clean old Shovels. Best, Later Jay

14. 14 Steal Your Face Jun 15th, 2015 at 11:06 am

TJ Martin, are you really Terence Tony?

I wondered what happened to him.

I like reading your comments despite what the haters say.

HardDrive