Steve Piehl Is Retiring From Harley-Davidson

Piehl-HeadshotSteve Piehl wants all his friends in the motorcycle industry and media to know that after 35 years at Harley-Davidson, he has decided to retire.

“I’ve been blessed with a wonderful career at Harley-Davidson with great assignments like HOG, the launch of harley-davidson.com, leading the team that created Jumpstart, the Project LiveWire Experience Tour and so many more. I’ve been fortunate to ride Harley’s all over the world and to always have a great motorcycle in my garage (that part is not going to change). And the Sturgis Hall of Fame was way beyond anything I could have ever dreamed of.

Personally, I couldn’t be more excited. We’ve got kids living in three different states, we’ve got a super-fun grandson who’s 18 months old. There’s a brand-new motorcycle in my garage and lots of friends who I’d like to have a beer with. I’ve also got a few non-profits that have been calling me and friends in business who have asked for some help.

So after today, my next chapter will begin. Chapter One was “pinch myself to make sure I’m not dreaming” good. My goal is to make my next chapter even better. Best regards to you and to all my friends in motorcycling.”

8 Responses to “Steve Piehl Is Retiring From Harley-Davidson”

1. 1 Rodent Jun 23rd, 2015 at 8:19 am

Enjoy, enjoy, and be sure to enjoy!

2. 2 Dako Jun 23rd, 2015 at 11:29 am

Steve has always been a class act. He’s a true motorcycle enthusiast that will be missed for his many contributions and accomplishments at HDMC. He’s earned a great retirement and I know we’ll see him at events. Congratulations on a great run. Three cheers!

3. 3 Anthony Jun 23rd, 2015 at 3:02 pm

Congrats Steve! You were instrumental at HDMC and helped so many! enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

4. 4 Dr. Rock Jun 23rd, 2015 at 4:52 pm

SP! How could you leave out the first and best HD memory of all! Presenting Judas Priest with the Shovel they rolled out for every encore since 1980! Hell Bent For Leather brother!

5. 5 SHERIFF MEDIA Jun 24th, 2015 at 4:34 am

Steve must have been late 80s Daytona or Sturgis when I first met this guy. Thats where he got his first grey hair I think…? Hey youngster have fun!

6. 6 Rogue Jun 24th, 2015 at 7:14 am

Thanks Steve for all you have done for me and other motorcyclist. You will be missed at HD by many of us.

7. 7 Cris Sommer Simmons Jun 24th, 2015 at 1:04 pm

I am sad, but so happy for my friend Steve. We go back many years and Steve was always very supportive of women riders… in fact way before most motorcycle companies gave us a second thought. I will miss him, but hope to see him enjoying the rallies more now!

8. 8 Ed Youngblood Jun 29th, 2015 at 9:43 am

Steve, you were always professional in your work, and a great asset to the Motor Company. Trust me, the next chapter can be even better.

HardDrive