Old School Cool Harley Merchandise

hd1hd2hd3hd4hd5The 1947 Harley-Davidson accessories catalog featured the first H-D tee-shirts with the trademark “Wings Logo” prints.

At that time, for clubs, Harley accepted special orders with backside lettering.

If you are looking for authentic reproductions of these Harley first tee-shirts and other merchandise straight from the pages of H-D history, you can order online some cool stuff at the Milwaukee Museum.

12 Responses to “Old School Cool Harley Merchandise”

1. 1 Boots Apr 2nd, 2016 at 8:21 am

Love the old stuff! I don’t care for the new prices though!

2. 2 JohnnySpeed Apr 2nd, 2016 at 8:33 am

If ever there was an over-used and completely abused term in this world it’s “old school”. To the point that it’s a completely meaningless phrase at this point.

3. 3 Woody's Apr 2nd, 2016 at 9:12 am

Except in this case, the term old school actually applies so perhaps it’s not the right time to complain?

4. 4 Badams Apr 2nd, 2016 at 3:03 pm

“Race of Gentlemen” fad starts…………now.

5. 5 John Apr 3rd, 2016 at 12:16 am

Made in China for $10.00 sold in USA for $200.00! Harley has become a joke! Should spend money on R&D and making dependable bikes. You have to wait a week for parts but they have clothes in any size and color! Once again on the road to ruin!

6. 6 JohnnySpeed Apr 3rd, 2016 at 8:06 am

Woody’s – My point was that the term has been so over used that even when it is somewhat accurate it still just sounds like marketing bs. It’s also called an observation, not a complaint. “Old school” as a term has about as much cache as “hater” at this point. Which is amusing since they both come from rap/hip hop.

7. 7 E copoulos Apr 3rd, 2016 at 9:41 am

How about some old school prices! Starting with the motor company itself!!!

8. 8 Tony Apr 3rd, 2016 at 12:15 pm

John,

You did not look at the website. Most of the items posted are MADE IN THE USA. I couldn’t believe it, and I did not check more than 10 items and frankly I am shocked. Good job Harley! The prices on some of the items are new age though…

9. 9 Woody's Apr 3rd, 2016 at 1:42 pm

2 JS, I agree regarding the whole old school thing. My only point was the timing/story that caused you to bring it up. I suppose I should use smilies after every sentence so folks know I’m not squaring off. I have a brusque writing style to some, I always think of it as just guys BS’ing around beers when I post here. I have tried to just not post much since there’s so many thin skins here, but that’s hard to do since bikes have always been such a big part of my life. ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

10. 10 NoH2oh Apr 3rd, 2016 at 5:14 pm

Some really cool stuff here, well done HD.

11. 11 Douglas Apr 3rd, 2016 at 7:46 pm

These guys could put American Pickers out of business

12. 12 Blackmax Apr 4th, 2016 at 5:07 pm

Agree with John !!!
    Motor Clothes are the best, that is true …
    But $$$ is better spent on R & D to make a better bike, or keep losing market share !

Thrifty Rent-A-Car System, Inc.
Affliction Holdings, LLC