Caught On Video. Dog Nearly Kills 2 Bikers

On the road, bikers face many dangers. And it’s not only car drivers. In these 2 frightening videos, a dog runs across. One biker hits the dog and falls. The following rider lays down his bike to avoid him, and as he is sliding on the road across the middle lane he finds himself in the path of an upcoming semi truck. Thanks to an incredible reflex, he is able to avoid being hit by the semi. Accidents happen so fast…Watch these 2 videos shot from different angles.

20 Responses to “Caught On Video. Dog Nearly Kills 2 Bikers”

1. 1 LeGrouch Apr 19th, 2016 at 8:43 am

Golly gee . Like the dog tried to do this intentionally ! Get a clue . This was a case of blatant rider error . Riding too fast on public roads and finally getting their just desert . I say three cheers to the dog and a round of jeers to the bikers . May they have learned something from this experience rather than trying to claim they’re in any way shape or form victims

2. 2 Boomer Apr 19th, 2016 at 10:00 am

Looked more like a coyote than a dog to me. We have a lot of ’em out west.

Excellent reflexes on the guy who, while in a tumble no less, saw the incoming semi and managed to get a foot on the road to push himself away. Truly EPIC!

3. 3 Lyle Landstrom Apr 19th, 2016 at 10:26 am

Kudus to the semi driver too. Swerving to the left and did you see his tires smoking? The second guy to go down shouldn’t have had to. Of course, it wasn’t me and it happens so fast…….

4. 4 Chris Apr 19th, 2016 at 12:05 pm

@LeGrouch,

You are a joke. How fast were the riders traveling? I’ll await your report. “Just desert” for almost getting killed? Get a clue. It could happen to any one of us any day of the week. For you to come on here with that kind of commentary is reprehensible.

5. 5 boston jim Apr 19th, 2016 at 12:35 pm

Hey Chris, Great reply ! The dog owner was responsible for that ! I’m a firm believer in leash laws ! IBJ

6. 6 Lonny Apr 19th, 2016 at 12:58 pm

Didn’t look as if the bike were speeding, it’s not the fault of the animal. that fact that Shit happens when you ride, The second rider over reacted by hitting the binders, sometime its better to change the line of travel. Look where you want to go. Not at the problem. easier said then done. All very lucky to have lived though it all. Live to learn and ride another day.

7. 7 zipper Apr 19th, 2016 at 2:37 pm

Lucky for the riders an experienced driver was behind the wheel of the truck. ..Z

8. 8 Woody's Apr 19th, 2016 at 3:32 pm

The Riders were too close together, (and we’ve all done that] second biker went down because he did a panic reaction and grabbed all the brakes he could, wouldn’t have made much difference if he grabbed half that braking or none at all, things happened too quick and he was just too close to a bike that went down in a hurry. Yes, shit does happen, but it happens more often when dogs are running around loose. If that had been a deer I’d hold my tongue, but it was a domesticated animal that should not have been running around?

9. 9 rebel Apr 19th, 2016 at 3:39 pm

that was a lot of stuff to happen in a flash, good job by everyone, but riding too close caused half of it but we all do it.

10. 10 SoCalPhun Apr 19th, 2016 at 4:07 pm

Looks like a responsible group ride to me. Just bad luck for the riders involved and the dog. I agree with you all, that truck drivers quick reactions made the only casualty the dog (assuming it did not survive the impact).

11. 11 domino Apr 19th, 2016 at 5:31 pm

Same thing happened some years ago riding with the pack. On a levee road, a dog ran right into the middle of our pack. Jimmy w/passenger hit him and endoed. Pretty serious injuries, but healed with time.
    Here is the kicker … The accident injury lawyer who was riding with us grabbed the collar and tags off the (now) dead dog. Refused to give them to the police… Boy did that come in handy for Jimmy down the line …
    Just glad these guys were ok.
    Domino Dave

12. 12 Dave Blevins Apr 19th, 2016 at 5:40 pm

It happens very fast indeed, over the years I have hit a groundhog, ran over a deer that jumped into the road out of a cornfield (luckily the deer fell when his feet landed on the pavement making it a smaller obstacle), and slammed into a hawk that flew out of a tree line right into me! Nothing as bad as that car that crossed the centerline and took me down. We are all fortunate to survive the road and I’m glad to still be riding, glad these guys made it out alive too.

13. 13 nicker Apr 19th, 2016 at 9:23 pm

Looks like a fairly reasonable speed and riding pattern to me…That is, except for the 2nd rider down who appears very quickly into the frame (faster than the rest?) and certainly way too close to the camera bike……. I’d call that a BIG screw up.

However,. he was together enough to save his own life by kicking out of the trucks path.

Having said that, its motorcycling…. its dangerous under the best of circumstances and in the long run “luck” has little to do with your survival. .Know what your doing or go play golf.

-nicker-

14. 14 Hillbilly Jim Apr 20th, 2016 at 7:44 am

When I was a lad there was a small Dachshund mix that lived on the corner of my block where a stop sign was located. Every day as I rolled up to the stop on my trusty 2 stroke 100cc dirtbike that little bastard would run out and try to bite me. One day I timed it just right and let him catch me, I took my right foot and hooked it under his belly and trapped him between my expansion chamber and my foot. I then left the stop and accelerated as fast as that little bike would go shifting with my left foot until I reached top speed. Probably about 50 mph. At this point I released Rover and sent him rolling down the asphalt. He never chased another motorcycle again as far as I know!

15. 15 SteveThe Producer Johann Apr 20th, 2016 at 12:12 pm

My first accident was when a dog came out of nowhere and ran straight into my front wheel. I went ass over tea kettle and the bike sustained a bent front end I sustained a sprained wrist. As for the dog it had to be put down. I had no time to react as the dog came out of the grass straight into me oh and I was traveling under the speed limit probably 20 in a 30 mile zone. The owner had let the dog run free (we have leash laws) so it was their fault and their insurance covered everything.

I have a number of other dog stories I wont share. Only to say, dogs are animals and don’t know any better, its up to the owners to tie them up.

Dogs and bikes don’t mix.

16. 16 Scott B Apr 20th, 2016 at 5:34 pm

As a biker and a dog owner love both. Not the dogs fault but the owners. Don’t blame the animal. As bikers we need to be vigilant for road hazards at all times. More often hazards are stupid humans at wheel of a car that have less brains then my dogs.

17. 17 Scott B Apr 20th, 2016 at 5:37 pm

Oh yeah Hillbilly Jim – where do you live? want to send the SPCA and local Po Po over to talk about animal abuse laws.

18. 18 Blackmax Apr 21st, 2016 at 3:47 pm

F#** that dog & the owner who let him loose !!!
    A bunch of us were out riding just about a year ago
    Back country roads when this dog runs out between us
    First 2 bikes are passed & the damn little dog runs underneath my bike with me & the wife on it.
    I rolled over that dog without a second thought & killed it !!!
    Now I know what most of you are thinking & calling me,
    but at that point, it was either the dog or me, the wife & the bike !!
    Everyone I was with was amazed I didn’t dump the bike !!
    Kids crying & stuff but i told the parents in no uncertain terms
    that if me, the wife or my bike had been hurt in any way
    they’d would’ve had a VERY hefty homeowner’s insurance claim
    as in my part of the country, the law is very clear!
    Keep your dog/animals on your own land or pay the bill for any damages they cause
    No argument after that !!!
    In the video, those guys were awfully lucky !!!!

19. 19 KD Apr 22nd, 2016 at 10:42 am

I was riding through a small town with a group once (about 25 mph or so) and I saw a little runt dog run out about two bikes ahead of me. He was so small that he was passed by those two before he connected with the front of my back tire right under my foot. I looked in my mirror and he was doing the dead cockroach impression. I barely felt it. Circled the block to see if the owner was coming out to check on it and never saw them. Back on the road we went.

20. 20 Zenaldo Apr 22nd, 2016 at 8:34 pm

The dog ain’t supposed to be running loose no…but they are not the most logical thinking beings are they….beware…all the time…

Cyril Huze