Classic Look “Mini Ham Can” Air Cleaner.

This new “Mini Ham Can” is inspired by the MoCo classic air cleaner, but in a small size to look proportionate on naked/chopped bikes.

Machined in-house at the LC Fabrications shop in Grottoes, VA, then hand rubbed to a brilliant shine. Inserts are given a durable semi gloss black powdercoat finish. Air cleaner body is approx. 4 x 6 x 2″. Filter is made by UNI Filter and measures 2 1/2” diameter X 1 1/2” wide.

Models are available for S&S E/G carbs, as well as your stock CV Carb. (an aftermarket Carb support is required) $ $275.00. Order at LC Fabrications.

13 Responses to “Classic Look “Mini Ham Can” Air Cleaner.”

1. 1 SYF Dec 20th, 2016 at 10:52 am

Wow. I never liked the ham can, but in miniature, it kinda works.

2. 2 Iron Horse Dec 20th, 2016 at 7:48 pm

Looks pretty cool, but with the small size you would probably choke off the breathing potential of the motor.

3. 3 mike switzer Dec 20th, 2016 at 9:38 pm

First thing I did when I bought my 1979 Superglide was to take the “ham can” off and throw it as far as I could then took the breather that ran into the back of the cleaner-that filled up the air cleaner and dripped down the side of the engine, and ran the breather down to the chain as an oiler. The second thing we did was throw away the two into one siamese exhaust the bike didn’t EPA regs but it ran

4. 4 D.nous Dec 20th, 2016 at 10:31 pm

I agree with Iron Horse…actual element type & size for breathing looks too small… I don’t think an engine will make good figures with this…

It’s the old story I guess – sometimes, you can’t have both the look and the performance you want

5. 5 calif phil Dec 21st, 2016 at 8:39 am

I always kinda liked the Ham Can filter and this part is a great interpretation of that.

6. 6 Pegster Dec 21st, 2016 at 9:38 am

It’s missing the Hormel decal, canned ham was always bad and still is. Icky.

7. 7 Hillbilly Jim Dec 21st, 2016 at 9:52 am

I think they should put that little removable key on the side that you use to open the can!

8. 8 SYF Dec 21st, 2016 at 10:29 am

To Mike Switzer,
    Looking back do you think the siamese exhaust was bad? I have never experienced one, but would guess that they run better than staggered duals. Unless the baffling was too restrictive.

9. 9 GUNNEY Dec 21st, 2016 at 12:35 pm

HUh ? I thought you experts would be all over the filter element.
    Any How Merry Christmas to All !

10. 10 mike switzer Dec 21st, 2016 at 11:26 pm

SYF-actually the Siamese exhaust is one of the best systems made BUT they looked terrible, now the Thunderheader systems are great but they don’t do it for me in the looks dept. I drive a Heritage Springer with fan tail ends and had to drill a 2″ relief on the back side or there was too much back pressure. The worst systems are drag pipes -no back pressure

11. 11 iPeg Dec 22nd, 2016 at 4:44 pm

Dis makes me hungry

12. 12 hacksaws garage Dec 28th, 2016 at 3:10 am

i am flabbergasted.

i sold my originals 20 years later for good money to restorers.
    as to the two into one. they were good with an aftermarket slip on turnout muffler.

13. 13 coma Dec 30th, 2016 at 8:21 am