2017 Bike week. Custom Baggers. Indian Demos. Displays. Giveways.

Indian Motorcycle® just announced a comprehensive Daytona Bike Week experience that includes a custom bagger showcase, demo rides for all new 2017 models, and a 2017 Chieftain sweepstakes. From Carey Hart’s custom Chieftain bagger on Main Street to the all-new Roadmaster Classic at the Speedway, Indian Motorcycle will have a presence throughout Daytona for all Bike Week-goers to enjoy.

As I already told you, Indian’s new “Wrecking Crew,” backed by Allstate Motorcycle Insurance and featuring one of the most stacked lineups in flat track racing history, will make its debut at the American Flat Track season opener at Daytona International Speedway on Thursday, March 16. The team includes 2016 Champion Bryan Smith, along with two of the sports most decorated riders, Brad Baker and Jared Mees. The team will be armed with Indian’s Scout FTR750 for what is certain to be an unforgettable season.

Below are highlights of the Daytona Bike Week action Indian Motorcycle has planned.

Display at Main Street (Main St. & N. Wild Olive Ave.)
See what’s new from Indian Motorcycle and enter to win a 2017 Chieftain. The two Indian dealers who recorded the most votes for their custom Chieftain bagger during a two-week ‘Project Chieftain’ voting period will be proudly displayed on Main Street during Bike Week alongside Carey Hart’s custom Chieftain build.

Displays and Demo Rides at Daytona International Speedway (International Speedway Blvd.)
9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Daily Saturday 3/11 – Saturday 3/18; Last Ride Leaves at 4:30 p.m. Indian Motorcycle will have a significant presence at Daytona International Speedway where attendees can view a variety of displays, including: • Entire 2017 Indian Motorcycle lineup, accessories and apparel. • Custom Chieftain baggers from Indian dealers who participated in the ‘Project Chieftain’ contest • Carey Hart’s Scout Hooligan race bike • Indian Motorcycle’s premier flat track race bike, the Scout FTR750 – which will offer a flat track display for photo opportunities for fans.

Additionally, Bike Week attendees will have the chance to ride the entire 2017 line-up of Indian motorcycles, including the Indian Scout, Indian Chieftain, Indian Roadmaster Classic, among others. Ride multiple bikes, compare, and decide which Indian Motorcycle models best suit your riding style. Demo rides are free and available to those with a valid motorcycle endorsement and proper attire.

Flat Track Opening Ceremony (Main St. & N. Wild Olive Ave.).
Ceremony festivities commence at 6pm on Thursday, March 16, celebrating Indian Motorcycle’s return to Flat Track for the 2017 AMA Season.

Daytona TT AMA Flat Track Race (Daytona International Speedway)
Celebrate Indian Motorcycle’s return to AMA Flat Track at the inaugural race of the 2017 season and root for the all-new Indian Wrecking Crew race team, comprised of three of the most successful and decorated flat track riders in the sport, including 2016 Grand National Champion Bryan Smith, 2013 Grand National Champion Brad Baker, and three-time Grand National Champion Jared Mees. The inaugural race of the season takes place Saturday, March 16 at 6 p.m.

Indian Motorcycle of Daytona Beach (290 North Beach Street)
Open daily, visit the dealership in the heart of Daytona Beach to check out Indian’s full 2017 line-up. At this exclusive location, Indian owners can retrieve a limited edition Indian Motorcycle race-inspired patch to commemorate their 2017 Bike Week experience.

Mobile Demos (Daytona Beach)
Indian wrapped trailers will be traveling to highly populated locations throughout Daytona and offering demo rides for select models from the 2017 lineup throughout the duration of Bike Week.

Daytona Taproom Takeover (310 Seabreeze Blvd)
In partnership with Daytona Taproom, Indian Motorcycle will be “taking over” and serving-up cold beer and three Indian Motorcycle-inspired specialty burgers.

Destination Daytona at Klock Werkz Kustom Cycles
Alongside Brian Klock and Klock Werkz Kustom Cycles, Indian Motorcycle will display various Chieftain models throughout the duration of Bike Week.

Indian Motorcycle Owners Event (Daytona International Speedway) Thursday,
March 16 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. for a behind-the-scenes tour of the Daytona International Speedway including the track, pits and paddock. After that, you’ll have a private meet and greet with the 2017 Indian Wrecking Crew Race Team – “Flyin” Bryan Smith, Brad “The Bullet” Baker and Jared “Jammer” Mees. Then, you’ll get a close look at the all-new Indian FTR750 race bike the Wrecking Crew will compete on. Visit the Events Section for registration details.

22 Responses to “2017 Bike week. Custom Baggers. Indian Demos. Displays. Giveways.”

1. 1 BobS Mar 8th, 2017 at 1:35 pm

Bring back Victory and maybe I’ll care….

2. 2 gtrjoe Mar 8th, 2017 at 8:05 pm

“Bring back Victory and maybe I’ll care….”
    …get over it

3. 3 fuji Mar 8th, 2017 at 8:23 pm

Victory bikes I liked but the Polaris board wanted to dissolve Victory several year’s ago. Victory’s were not profitable. The question is how long would you operate a business, if it were not profitable?

4. 4 fuji Mar 8th, 2017 at 8:25 pm

Go to the TT flat track races, it will be the best motorcycle racing that you have ever seen.

5. 5 BobS Mar 8th, 2017 at 8:58 pm

Get over it? Yeah ’cause who really cares about motorcycles anyway. I for one do care and therefore will not be “getting over it”. I like motorcycles, A LOT. I like motorcycles that aren’t afraid to venture outside of the status quo and be better than what other brands offer. I don’t think being as good as the competition is the bar to shoot for, I think making the best motorcycle one can make is how high the bar should be set. So how long would I operate a business that wasn’t profitable? That depends on the plan to get it profitable! How many of Harley’s 114 years did they not make a profit? I can tell you it’s a damn sure lot more than Victory. But Harley didn’t cut and run, they made a plan, executed the plans, and got themselves back to profitability more than a few times. Victory WAS profitable, for quite a few years. And could easily have been made profitable again had the execs at Polaris focused on making great motorcycles period and not have such a scorching case of Harley envy. The one and only reason Victory lost profitability is because they put ALL of their new tech into Indian in an effort not to gain a larger slice of the overall motorcycle market, no…they are only after Harley’s market share. It’s a damn shame because Polaris engineers and designers are good. Polaris execs are going to waste their talent thinking that fake-old and marketing claims of heritage is all it takes to steal Harley’s market. THAT is what I’m not getting over and why Indian will fail. Again.

6. 6 Zenaldo Mar 8th, 2017 at 9:16 pm

I’m sorry…those bikes just don’t appeal to me at all…vintage lines may not be enough to get Polaris where they want to be…no cool factor, none..

7. 7 fuji Mar 8th, 2017 at 11:15 pm

The life of victory was extended because of the faith that upper management had in their product, but upper management is not the final decision maker of a product line.
    PII is a listed company and investor’s could care less if the product is an airplane or a motorcycle. Investors want their investment to make money. Victory had plenty of time to shine but lacked in interest. A better bike ,YES ! but lacked the image.

8. 8 Highrider Mar 9th, 2017 at 1:45 am

Toady, I rode my 2011 Jackpot to a [popular spot outside Las Vegas, there was a Vegas, Magnum and my Jackpot as well as 3 Harleys, 4 sportbikes.And the conversation was, Victory was gaining and it was a shame to shut it down.
    My next bike will be a 2017 Roadglide, sorry Polaris, no Indian for me. ( Ps the RG is cheaper too)
    Oh well, hope they can come up with something other that what they got now.

9. 9 Jim Tom Mar 9th, 2017 at 10:03 am

As a Victory rider , I sympathize with you Bob. And people keep saying Victory was not proffitable which is a total fabrication. They simply weren’t the cash cow, low hanging fruit that Indian turned out to be.
    Polaris is lazy, took the broad road. As I’ve said before , I went to the Victory owners meeting every year except 2016 where Steve Mennetto said , and I quote “Victory is out pacing sales projections and leading the industry in percentage of growth.” So they misrepresented then or now, either way, they misrepresented and by my account, disrespected the core of Victory enthusiasts. Nothing can be done about it except not to give the company anymore of our hard earned cash. They aren’t trustworthy.
    Polaris are a bunch of quitters. I can’t stand a quitter. They quit on their water craft customers years ago to focus on something else. They quit on all the V92C customers with tranny issues, then they quit on Victory all together.
    Indian guys on the forums bully the problemed Indian riders into being quiet . Yes, the Indians have a rash of examples of what they have termed “clackers” . This phenominon happens at a certain rpm and load, the clacking sounds like the TS111 is going to fly apart any second. It is loud, making the CHief impossible to trade or sale and Polaris official statement ? “it’s normal ” (normal only for the ones that have it) for the small percentage that have it, youre stuck. How do I know? I have a 2015 Roadmaster too, and it’s a clacker.

I don’t mind a company going out of business unless you tell me you’re doing great every year and give me a false sense of well being. You’ve heard the expression , “don’t piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining.”

I never thought I’d say this but Harley Davidson is real possibility for my next touring bike with that M8, very impressive and Hd is always going to be here. I also hope to own a Motus before I die.

10. 10 ChadBroChill Mar 9th, 2017 at 10:12 am

Its an ignorant thought to believe that Victory could ever compete and take over the market from HD. Vic sold aprox. 15,000 units a year. HD ships more than that in a month. At the end of the day, Victory is barely an ok motorcycle at best. Build a bridge and get over it

11. 11 Jim Tom Stimpson Mar 9th, 2017 at 10:18 am

I’m with you Bob. As a Victory rider , Steve Menneto told us every year at the owner meetings “Victory is outpacing projections, Victory is leading the industry in percentage growth.” I don’t mind a company going out of business unless you’re telling me everything is great and there is some amazing stuff coming down the pipe , right before you do it.
    You’ve heard the expression , “don’t piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining.”

The ugly truth is , Polaris are a bunch of quitters. They quit on their pwc customers , they ignored the tranny issue with the early V92C’s until they all died off or jsut gave up and wnet silently into the night, they are ignoring the Indian Chief “clacker” issue. Telling Indian riders that experience it that it is “normal” . haha! Normal but what about the larger percentage of Chief’s that don’t clack? Are they abnormal? By the way, I have a 2015 Roadmaster also, and it’s a clacker.
    Considering their behavior as a company, It’s a legit concern that they could quit on Indian owners and slingshot owners alike.
    I never thought I’d say this but the Ultra Classic will probably be my next 2-up tourer. I can trust Harley Davidson to be there for the long haul. And I am very impressed with the M8. I also hope to own a Motus before I die.

12. 12 Jim Tom Stimpson Mar 9th, 2017 at 10:21 am

I never concerned myself with Victory overtaking a lions share of the heavy cruiser market , only being successful in their own right . Only doing better than last year, which they did.

13. 13 Harleynot Mar 9th, 2017 at 10:54 am

So Polaris CEO says for the past year that Virctory motorcycle has yet to turn a profit. They invested $55 million dollars in marketing to no avail. Why post these comments about Victory making money? Polaris never released sales figures broke out. What do you guys know that the CEO does not? Polaris bought Indian Motorcycle for the street Cred that Victory never had. There are passionate motorcycle people at Polaris, but make no mistake they are shareholder driven at the end of the day. Last I checked, motorcycles were a very small part of their overall story…

14. 14 Jim Tom Stimpson Mar 9th, 2017 at 11:12 am

Because the vice president of polaris motorcycles division told us with his mouth at deadwood ,SD they were making money every year, every meeting. I can’t speak for one year , 2016. I didn’t make that owners meeting.

15. 15 ChadBroChill Mar 9th, 2017 at 12:40 pm

@Harleynot hit the nail on the head…

16. 16 fuji Mar 9th, 2017 at 12:58 pm

Ok I give in. Victory was selling high volume and making substantial amounts of money. I read it here from the people who know . Thanks guys.

17. 17 blu dog Mar 9th, 2017 at 2:31 pm

Pretty apparent that some folks won’t be attending many of these events. I’m looking forward to each of them, however, and especially the head to head at the TT. Indian has put together a great team and both H-D and Indian have an interesting platform to run.

18. 18 BobS Mar 9th, 2017 at 4:38 pm

Harleynot where did you here Scott Wine say they never made a profit? It was Polaris execs that told me 2006 was the first profitable year, 2012 was the brands best, and I heard Wine say they lost money 3 out of the last 5. Obviously quite a contradiction to “never made a profit”.

19. 19 fuji Mar 9th, 2017 at 9:54 pm

Wish or dream all one wants to, factor in engineering, assembly cost, tooling, pr, etc all years combined balances out to be a negative venture. They had some quarters that looked favorable.

Polaris did not cut and run as some suggest. They stayed the course for several years in an attempt to make a profit, but there comes a time when you have to cut your losses Their in business to make $. Victory has not shown a growth after and including 2013

Some suggest that upper management cleared the air that Victory was profitable. What would you expect them to say. “No were not making profit.and sales are in a slump.” Really ! Hang on to your Victory and in time you will make more money than what Polaris did on the bike.

20. 20 blu dog Mar 9th, 2017 at 9:57 pm

How ’bout them fries at the tap room!

21. 21 fuji Mar 10th, 2017 at 7:32 am

All this debate is a bunch of BS, its over move on

22. 22 BobS Mar 10th, 2017 at 9:15 am

The fries at the Confluence Taproom were pretty amazing! Although since they failed to gain a large share of McDonald’s market brass decided to cut and run with them too. Now they’re sticking with a more bland fry and marketing them as “heritage fries”.