Cafe Racers Japan

Until now, I turned down all very long videos because they consume too much bandwidth and slow the loading of other articles. But of course, sooner or later, I had to make an exception. Here is a 15 minute short film about a day in the life of the fashion conscious Rockers of the Cafe Racers scene in fascinating Tokyo.

13 Responses to “Cafe Racers Japan”

1. 1 USAYGO Mar 26th, 2017 at 9:51 am

I tried to watch this video twice, fashion is just not my thing I guess. I found the 11 second Jim Nasi rotating license plate video more interesting. Just my view on things not putting anyone down.

2. 2 Don Mitchell Mar 26th, 2017 at 10:33 am

Well, it’s Japan and the USA will imitate.

3. 3 Iron Horse Mar 26th, 2017 at 12:36 pm

Guess I’ll never fit into that scene. I’d rather spend money on the bike than on clothes any day.

4. 4 James just another crazy kiwi Mar 27th, 2017 at 1:57 am

America gave us the Chopper and Britain the Café Racer, two very different styles of MotorCycles but both became symbols of Rebellion.
    Youth and adrenalin, danger and wanting to be coolest cat on the block. Ton up boys fighting the mods and Chopper guys fighting each other……………..

5. 5 T Mar 27th, 2017 at 5:51 am

“When I first saw motorcycles and Fashion”
    Had to shut the video off
    another remake of the Wild Hogs
    All these runway models sitting on their bikes
    posting selfies on Facebook
    Makes for a great used bike market

6. 6 Jeff Duval Mar 27th, 2017 at 7:06 am

A tad long, maybe Cyril, and very essentially deja vu as you say in the USA 🙂

7. 7 kees hoekstra Mar 27th, 2017 at 8:16 am

Boring and no Triton in sight.

8. 8 BobS Mar 27th, 2017 at 9:32 am

When I first saw motorcycles and fashion it was when I walked into a Harley dealership and saw more clothes than bikes. It’s not my gig but live and let live. At least there’s a lot more bikes on the floors of H-D dealers today. To be fair I guess my rejection of v-twin or cafe fashion is a fashion statement in it’s own right.

9. 9 INJUN Mar 27th, 2017 at 2:47 pm

Well, that was fifteen minutes I wish I could get back!

10. 10 Stony Crane Mar 27th, 2017 at 6:59 pm

I had a different take on this.

There were subtle clues into how hard the young Japanese are trying to find an identity and one that is not routed in their past. They used to be the big dog in Asia, now it’s China. You could also see the interesting dynamic between the young husband and wife, with the wife desperately trying to have her identity while staying true to the Japanese traditions of the wife walking five paces behind and not talking.

11. 11 Kelly Mar 27th, 2017 at 7:43 pm

Wow THERES 10 minutes of wasted time, why not call it a Japanese fashion show. Clothes do not make a biker so please go back to your not posting videos ethos or lose some viewers. Ten minutes of BS about Japanese posers, that says more about you than it does about them!

12. 12 hacksaw Mar 28th, 2017 at 11:15 am

lol. when the guy says a cool bike w/o cool clothes isn’t cool, he lost me.

13. 13 Industryguy Mar 29th, 2017 at 10:28 am

I would call this movie “blurry dots over and over again”.