BrakeFree. The Smartest Brake Light For Motorcyclists?

Is it a smarter way to be seen when you ride your motorcycle? Probably. Brake Free is the first autonomous LED’s brake light. detecting regular braking, engine braking, emergency braking. The LED’s glow brighter only when it detects you are slowing down. It mounts on the back of the helmet you already own and its sensors works automatically to let others know whenever you slow down or braking, No need for a wired installation or connected apps. Brake Free utilizes accelerometer and gyroscope sensors to autonomously detect when you’re slowing down no matter how. The owners launched an IndieGoGo Brake Free Campaign. Watch how it works and tell me what you think.

17 Responses to “BrakeFree. The Smartest Brake Light For Motorcyclists?”

1. 1 Iron Horse Apr 5th, 2017 at 10:15 am

Interesting idea and I’m sure it will make you much more visible to those behind you.

I’d be interested in what it adds weight wise to a helmet, ’cause my Bell is almost too heavy right now.

2. 2 Uthinkuknowme Apr 5th, 2017 at 10:28 am

I like it. Good Idea.

3. 3 USAYGO Apr 5th, 2017 at 10:31 am

Great idea, will the next version also work as turn signals??

4. 4 Chief Waldo Apr 5th, 2017 at 11:34 am

How will it mount to a doo-rag? Ha ha!

5. 5 58_pan Apr 5th, 2017 at 1:14 pm

@Iron Horse it said weight 6oz or 170 grams

6. 6 cyclereckr Apr 6th, 2017 at 7:10 am

Chief Waldo,
    Stable Gun !

7. 7 SIGFREED Apr 6th, 2017 at 7:37 am

Why not mount your licence plate there as well? Ahem, as in ‘HEAD MOUNTED’, would surely go some way to eliminate the laborious back-and-forth (pun intended) debate on side mounted plates…;-)

8. 8 HDrider Apr 6th, 2017 at 9:15 am

Isn’t that pretty — I think I’ll pass. Better hurry and get one because I don’t think they will be around long.

9. 9 BobS Apr 6th, 2017 at 11:23 am

I really like the idea and the technology, not so thrilled with the final product. I’d rather see something more of a sleek and simple form, like say a smartphone sized screen that just lights up and flashes. Then make a attachable strap so if I choose I could fix it to my sissy bar, luggage, girlfriend, or whatever else I might think of.

10. 10 Easygear Apr 6th, 2017 at 1:20 pm

with today`s superbright LED taillights, i think everyone who is overlooking the LED brake light on the bike, will also not see the additional lights on the helmet…

because he`s an idiot who`s writing an SMS on his smartphone or doing anything else in his car.

Not for me, I´m not Carlsson from the roof…..

If those lights would be widely accepted by riders, next is that head to toe airbag clothes and such stuff will be made obligate to riders, what is something that would make me stop riding

11. 11 Charles Erickson Apr 7th, 2017 at 1:47 pm

I don’t know about this. My fear is that it would cause people to look at it, thinking “what the hell is that” “isn’t that cool” meanwhile losing concentration on their driving. An attention-grabbing novelty, but not really a good idea, in my opinion.

12. 12 Jerrman Apr 8th, 2017 at 9:56 am

Whatever works to help being seen by is a good thing. I say “why not” and “what’s the downside.” I wish these guys good luck in making it into production.

13. 13 Gerry Walsh Apr 10th, 2017 at 2:29 pm

Where from? How much to Nova Scotia,Canada? Is there a Canadian dealer?

14. 14 Gerry Walsh Apr 10th, 2017 at 2:30 pm

How much to Nova Scotia,Canada? Is there a Canadian dealership? Let me know. Thanks!

15. 15 V MARTINO Apr 11th, 2017 at 5:37 pm

Yes, I would also like to see a version that can be attached to a custom motorcyle, scooter..or even a third brake light version for a car…..love the idea of no wires, not switch, no invasive brake line installation. Lot of possibilities for this with different styling.

16. 16 Mike Apr 11th, 2017 at 9:17 pm

Cool Product. I live in Florida ! not paying attention is a sport for most drivers down here !!! Any thing to be seen better.

17. 17 Jocee Apr 29th, 2017 at 4:49 am

When and where can BrakeFree be purchased!