Harley-Davidson Offers Hundreds Of Options To Customize The 2018 Softail Lineup

Harley is launching over 300 new parts and accessories designed for its eight all-new 2018 Softail® motorcycles. These Harley Genuine Parts & Accessories are developed alongside the new motorcycles to provide riders with the highest quality and the most extensive range of customization options starting from the same day the motorcycles launch. The research and development of these brand-new accessories focused on making customization the easiest it has ever been by requiring less parts and installation time than ever before.

Express yourself. The new Softail accessories are designed to be combined for a wide variety of customization styles. Harley-Davidson expands its leading accessory lineup with the new Brass Collection, expansion of other popular collections such as Defiance, and ensuring a full suite of essential custom styled parts for the new Softail motorcycles. The Brass Collection is a living finish that allows parts to age naturally for a one-of-a-kind look. With a bare bones, garage-built look and feel, the parts have a cohesive pre-aged look that makes a bold statement.

Function. Ready To Ride. Build a new Softail to go the distance with a few key additions such as HoldFast™ sissy-bars, luggage racks, Tour-Pak mount; detachable saddlebags; and windshields.The new HoldFast system is best in its class, with an intuitive detachable latch system designed from the ground up in tandem with the new Softail chassis to ensure a premium fit and finish, with minimal effort and complexity during installation. The intuitive snap-in and release design enables easy installation and removal of HoldFast accessories. Also the one-piece backrest design eliminates the need for side plates and turn signal relocation kits. HoldFast accessories are available in chrome and black finishes.

Fit. Tailor The Ride. Harley-Davidson Parts & Accessories create a great riding experience by tailoring the bike to fit every rider and passenger based on how comfort, fit and style are prioritized. For 2018, ergonomic seats get a face-lift for Softail models with new styling that matches the personality of each bike and comfort seating launches with a wide variety of fitment. Numerous handlebar, foot control and suspension options are also at the ready to build customers a perfect fit for their new bike.

Performance. Screaming’ Eagle®. Screamin’ Eagle® Stage I, II, III and IV Kits https://www.harley-davidson.com/shop/screamin-eagle offer complete, street compliant performance configurations and retain the Motorcycle Original Equipment Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty. Stage upgrades are engineered to generate specific torque and horsepower gains for the new Softail models equipped with the Milwaukee-Eight® engine.

Find a local dealer in store or online to view the new 2018 motorcycles and the accessory options to make your bike a custom of one.

23 Responses to “Harley-Davidson Offers Hundreds Of Options To Customize The 2018 Softail Lineup”

1. 1 ozzie21 Nov 3rd, 2017 at 8:08 am

Shades of G-Tech….

2. 2 Dr. Rock Nov 3rd, 2017 at 9:24 am

Where are these parts manufactured and how does the retail price compare? Nowhere here does it say made in USA. If these are all offshore or Mexico sourced, I’ll wait for parts designed and manufactured here in the US, not designed and sent to some far off land to be produced and then hope they fit.

3. 3 Pat h Nov 3rd, 2017 at 10:06 am

Why don’t you check that out and get back to us

4. 4 Boss Hawg Nov 3rd, 2017 at 10:57 am

I’ll second that Pat. I am waiting on Dr Rock’s report as suggested by Pat h.

Boss Hawg

5. 5 fuji Nov 3rd, 2017 at 11:32 am

Does this mean that you are going to rid yourself of over 90% of your belongings. Do you live at 101 naked drive.

6. 6 Chris Nov 3rd, 2017 at 2:00 pm

My Levi’s are made in one of three different countries it seems and, depending on which one they come from, the same model fits differently and the cotton feels totally different. I still buy them though (actually, Santa brings me new ones every year.)

That being said, none of my friends are in the business of making blue jeans, so I’l continue to by Levis. Many, many of my friends make motorcycle parts and accessories so I’ll continue to buy from them. I know their wives, kids, and dogs and I feel much better about spending a few bucks more knowing where my dough is going to support their ventures.

On a “Good job, Harley” note. The squashed air cleaner looks much better than the older model with a conical filter (still would never buy one, though).

7. 7 Chris Nov 3rd, 2017 at 2:01 pm

8. 8 EASYGEAR Nov 3rd, 2017 at 2:05 pm

HD really has a long tradition of offering their own custom parts, which all are copies from the aftermarket parts. Or did i miss something over the last few centuries

9. 9 Chris Nov 3rd, 2017 at 2:28 pm

I don’t work in the apparel industry. None of my friends or neighbors make blue jeans or T-Shirts (some do sell t-shirts, but don’t actually “make” the physical shirt).

I do work in the motorcycle industry. Most of my friends work in the motorcycle industry. I will continue to buy my parts from my friends.

Thank you, friends, for the quality products and excellent customer service. I don’t mind paying a couple bucks more because I know your wives and kids and your dogs have licked my face. I’m happy to give you my money. Keep up the good work.

10. 10 richards Nov 3rd, 2017 at 2:37 pm

Looks like the MOCO is offering replacement/custom parts for the new Softail models BEFORE the aftermarket has even thought about it. I’m sure this will be received well by those who bought the new models and want to “individualize” their ride. I think the point should be made that if it were not for Harley Davidson (50% of TOTAL market share over 600cc)….MOST of the aftermarket suppliers would not be in business.

11. 11 Chris Nov 3rd, 2017 at 4:53 pm

@Richards. Very valid point.

12. 12 Pat h Nov 3rd, 2017 at 11:25 pm

Not to mention the thousands they employ directly and 10s of thousands indirectly, foundries trucking companies dealers even the fast food restaurant next to a warehouse or factory the list goes on be a shame to see them go there’s nobody that could fill their shoes and a lot of us would be wondering where the next ones coming from, you can only build so many big wheel baggers skinny choppers or easter egg pro street bikes, Polaris Honda ect.no following

13. 13 Guzzigreg Nov 4th, 2017 at 6:55 am

Good news for China,Korea,Tiawan etc.where HD gets most of their parts!

14. 14 Charles Nov 4th, 2017 at 7:06 am

Will somebody make a rear rack that the items will actually STAY on it? Or is that a SLEEK looking aerodynamically swooped Next Generation 2018 designed from scratch Harley or China do-dad?

15. 15 Roberto Nov 4th, 2017 at 7:31 am

I try and buy American,even though I’ll spend more. Haven’t had a pair of Levi,s in years. Diamond Gusset, way more comfortable and last quite a while longer

16. 16 SIGFREED Nov 4th, 2017 at 7:38 am

He, he, he, he…

So many getting all flustered – if you do not like it, or anything about it, then do not buy it; simple. Perhaps then you should consider a Victory.

Even bigger joke, keep your HD bog, stock, standard and it looks like a ‘custom’, viz like nothing else around.

Btw – how many commenting (negatively) here have an iPhone (made in a far eastern land)?

17. 17 USAYGO Nov 4th, 2017 at 11:21 am

It’s rare I even go into an H.D. dealership these days but I did speak with one on the phone and was told they will no longer be stocking any aftermarket parts. They will only stock H.D. accessories and will not service any m/c over 7 years old.

The aftermarket guys are the people that help sell your m/c’s HD. If you don’t work on your m/c yourself find a good independent shop that will usually do a better job for less money.

18. 18 Roberto Nov 5th, 2017 at 5:28 am

This is why Indian will never get a large market share,

19. 19 richards Nov 5th, 2017 at 11:16 am

@ usaygo…I was at my local Harley Dealer yesterday. I saw all kinds of aftermarket parts e.g. Kuryakyn, Rienhart mufflers, and Iron Rider luggage and others. They also have aways worked on my older bikes without hesitation. Sounds like a poor dealership.

20. 20 USAYGO Nov 6th, 2017 at 7:44 am

@ Richards, sounds like you have a great dealership that knows it’s not just about selling T shirts. Many dealerships do not work on older m/c’s, but this was the first I tried to deal with that would not stock any aftermarket accessories

21. 21 Craig Hayden Nov 6th, 2017 at 9:21 am

I’ve riding Yamahas for over thirty years. Can’t count how many times Harley riders told me ” Buy American!”. My reply ” Tell Harley to buy American, before you tell me!” One of my favorite sites is seen a Harley-Davidson sticker Japanese car or truck!

22. 22 JohnnySpeed Nov 6th, 2017 at 9:57 am

Are they selling a swingarm that isn’t ugly and proper shocks?

23. 23 Matt W. Nov 7th, 2017 at 9:16 am

Craig: With the 2018 redesigned HD models now people will just see your Yamaha and say “Nice Harley” 😉