Big Dog Motorcycles Recalls.

Big Dog Motorcycles has issued a recall of certain 2005 motorcycle models including Bulldog, DT Chopper, Mastiff, N-Chopper, Pitbull, and Ridgeback. Also included in the recall are certain 2006 motorcycle models including Chopper, K-9, Mastiff, Pitbull, and Ridgeback. On certain motorcycles, a warped bus bar within the voltage regulator can cause a short circuit. This could possibly result in a fire. 7611 units are affected. Dealers will replace the voltage regulators. The recall is expected to begin on or about October 1st 2007. Big Dog Motorcycles can be contacted at 316-219-9129.

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

13 Responses to “Big Dog Motorcycles Recalls.”

1. 1 jatinder pal Aug 27th, 2007 at 2:11 am

Time to take doggies for new bones.atleast BIGDOG got the courage to recall and replace faulty parts.i had seen companies which dont stand by their words.they just want to sell it and to hell with it.

2. 2 Nicker Aug 28th, 2007 at 1:19 am

The sign of a mature manufacturing enterprise.

Good-on-them.

-nicker-

3. 3 mad I wasted my money Aug 28th, 2007 at 5:48 pm

This bike sucks!! I have had so many problems with it, most of them have been fixed twice already and the bike is in the shop now for the third time for the same things.

Don’t waste your money.

4. 4 Jeff Szlauko Aug 30th, 2007 at 5:16 pm

If your bike is in the third time for the same thing, I’d be looking into the lemon laws in your neck of the woods. I own a 2005 Chopper, and must admit that I’ve had my fair share of issues, but Big Dog and my dealer have always come thru and fixed it all. I know it is certainly frustrating though having spent so much on a bike and then have it in the shop so often. Perhaps an email or phone call directly to Big Dog will get some things settled. I’ve emailed them in the past and have had them call me back, and they were always quick to find a solution and make me happy. They really do want to please their customers.

Good luck with your bike and I hope it all gets resolved.

Ride safe.

5. 5 lee Sep 12th, 2007 at 3:33 pm

I just bought my 2006 Pitbull last Sunday. The clutch drags a little at a stop and I cannot get it in neutral in the up shift. I have a service appointment tomorrow to hopefully get this fixed. The bike was used with 3900miles on it. Just past the breakin so the clutch may just need some wear in adjustment I hope. I have not had it long enough or put enough miles on it to base my opinion yet. This is bike three in the garage and I only plan to ride it during events and some minor putting around on clear days. Other bikes are HD softtails and they have had their share of issues. Heat is the most i hear of. I did not notice heat with the BDpit yet so far and have ridden 50 miles straight in 90 degree climate.

6. 6 martin Sep 24th, 2007 at 12:02 pm

Don’t bother contacting Big Dog, I have a 2005 Chopper that went back to the shop about 7 times for various things. I called Big Dog and complained and they said go see your dealer. Great customer service.

7. 7 Nick Mar 24th, 2008 at 6:21 pm

Folks,

I was waiting on an AIH dealer to call me back about a Texas Chopper he was ordering for me, only to find out that the company will be declaring bankruptcy! Wow…should I go thru with the purchase if I can still get the 2 year warranty and maybe a better price, or should I go to big dog.

Some of the specs I liked on the AIH were the hydraulic clutch and passenger capacity on the rear fender. Can Big Dog accomodate?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

8. 8 Robi May 24th, 2011 at 3:50 pm

I had so much problems with my 2007 big dog K 9 clutch that i finley had to buy a clutch input shaft for the trans and replace the drive to a belt drive system with a suport to finly fix my clutch problem 3ooo$ later if i only new how much money this hunk of junk would have costed me. i should have just got me a Harley insted of big dog, at least i could trust it from breaking down every 100 miles.

9. 9 Marty P of N.J. May 27th, 2011 at 11:21 am

I have an 05 Ridgeback that I purchased new, and have had NEVER ending problems. MYy girl and have almost been killed because of flaws in certain components which have not been corrected. 7 recalls to date ( anyone wish to pay me for MY time ?). How about failed EHC modules ? I’m on my 3rd which is failing & I had to pay for. 40,000 G’s spent for 15,000 mi, and a current Blue book value of 14,000. I MISS MY HARLEYS !!! p.s. Worst customer service I’ve ever dealt with. The dog deserved to die. Any class action out there ? M.P. of N.J.

10. 10 Charlie S of TX. Jun 8th, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Same here O5 Bigdog chopper, never ending recalls and repairs, still have clutch problems and theres another 1k dollars to repair. I hope bigdog is happy with all the complaints, no way I would ever buy another one.

11. 11 Michael Clinton Jun 12th, 2011 at 10:23 pm

i have a 05 ridgeback, very happy with my ride. minor problems, about 12000 miles. only if harley made such bikes

12. 12 CRW of TX Jun 22nd, 2011 at 10:47 am

2007 K-9 —–2-Trannies, 1-Starter, 1-Clutch basket, 2-sets of Tires and 4- repair shops with 12 visits between them and still cant find my imaginary vibaration that started at 1700 miles on the speedo that bounces on average 20 mph difference and dont forget the 360 degree mirrows. Has 20K miles now. Paid 38K have lost all my teeth my eyes flicker up and down and my caurpel tunnell should clear up with vitamin B-6.
    Thanks BIG DOG for the memories my new Honda will be here in 3 weeks
    anyone intrested in Dog that looks GREAT

13. 13 lynn rogers Jun 26th, 2011 at 1:34 pm

I have an 07 mastiff. had some problems with the stater, and starter both were fixed under waranty. i had three speedomiters go out first two were fixed under waranty. going to go with dakota digital. after talking to utah big dog they sugest it the manufactuere of that year speedo is no longer used by big dog becuz of such problems.. allso have had problems with the rear fender bolts breaking even after there recall. but in all i love my big dog. the dealer ship i bought my bike from has gone out of business.

Metzeler