Gold Digger Chopper By Jesse James

Here one chopper I like very much by WCC Jesse James. Frame: Greg Newton Up 1969. Fork: John Harman Girder. Motor: Accurate Engineering built by Aki at WCC. Transmission: 5-speed kicker by Miller, Germany. Whhels: Rear Sun, Front DID ribbed. Pipes: Jese James. Oil tank: Out of Bob George’s El Camini swapmeet for 5 bucks. Seat: Mauricio. Paint: Pete Filand. Assembly: Skippy & Rockabilly Jay. West Coast Choppers

18 Responses to “Gold Digger Chopper By Jesse James”

1. 1 A 1 CYCLES Nov 6th, 2007 at 12:08 pm

so cool the curved lines are awesome…like a cleft note

2. 2 Donnie Nov 6th, 2007 at 4:17 pm

Extremely cool and different.

3. 3 CJ "Warden" Hanlon Nov 7th, 2007 at 12:06 am

That has got to be a great ride! Have always loved his work. Thanks Cyril.

4. 4 Jaxon 5 WCC Nov 7th, 2007 at 3:10 am

I was at Jesses shop a few months ago and this was right there… Very clean and really detailed, say what you will about JJ, this bike is BAD!! I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. 5 Coluche Nov 7th, 2007 at 12:22 pm

I saw the bike in person two days ago at the WCC shop, where I took a tourist friend.
    I have to admit that it is by far my favorite WCC bike so far. It’s elegant and well balanced. A true work of art.

6. 6 DJ CHOPPER GOD Nov 7th, 2007 at 10:24 pm

Bad ass Knuck. Good to see a freaky kool chop for a change. I’m sick of paint by numbers bikes. WCC C.F.L.

p.s. makes me hungry for a Cisco burger!!!

7. 7 Kingpin Nov 9th, 2007 at 7:20 pm

That’s gotta be one of the ugliest bikes I’ve ever seen. What a piece of crap.

8. 8 Panhead 48 Nov 9th, 2007 at 7:52 pm

Hey Kingpin. Show us your bike. Email a pic to Cyril for publication.

9. 9 dragon Nov 9th, 2007 at 11:55 pm

go for it king pin send in ur pic bet my granny’s ride look better

10. 10 MILES BROWN Nov 10th, 2007 at 7:42 pm

Just a brief comment if i may about this unique bike . First off the soul it has is completely un questionable . Any time a guy can source vintage original parts , especially parts that had an influence on the overall trends and styles in the industry , and incorperate them into a ride of this caliber it’s a real treat for old guys like me that have watched the industy develope right from the beginning . This bike reminds me of a time when building a chopper was in its purest and most blue collar level . Simple lines . the illusion of speed on its side stand , attention to detail and the absence of bullshit all score big points with me.
    I really liked this bike , and enjoyed watching the building of it and it is , in my humble and modest opinion , one of Jessie’s best executed efforts .

11. 11 John Nov 11th, 2007 at 1:48 am

It really amazes me how some of the people in this industry with no trainging in fine art sculpture have such an intuitive touch to create “rolling sculpture”. I guess you could call it kinetic. I would bet I could lecture on negative space, form, shape, line and preceived movement and they wouldn’t have a clue as to what I was talking. Yet they can create such fine pieces and this one in my humble opinion is outstanding. Jessie, would you care to lecture to my class?

js, Reno, NV

12. 12 CJ Nov 12th, 2007 at 8:40 am

As many of you have stated…this too is one of my favorite JJ’s bikes. You could look at it for hours and fine something new to look at. The stance, the color combo is awesome. Jesse could have painted this any color and it would have looked cool, but as a true artist, he chooses baby blue and gold, brillant. I look forward to seeing him back on TV. And to add one more thing, the Bike is actually called “Gold Digger”. Thanks for the insiration.

13. 13 Bill Holland Nov 12th, 2007 at 2:06 pm

I was the the partner to John Harman and built all the front ends while John built the frames.Its great to see that people still apreciate the styles that we and other buidlders were doing in the 70’s, so much so that I’m still building the original Harman/Holland Girder for some of the old schoolers and have redesigned the girder and hoping to grab the attention of the new builders.
    Bill Holland
    Executive Choppers

14. 14 jatinder Nov 15th, 2007 at 4:44 am

jesse is good builder.this sure is different than usual stuff we see….diablossss…never ending line.

15. 15 Big Joe Nov 16th, 2007 at 8:44 pm

On a wim I bought a DVD of the Discovery Channel website a while back called History of the Chopper. The video focus on Jesse searching for insight to “History” from bike clubs as he built this bike. Good video, I bought it for 6.95 and I see that it is now 21.95 OUCH!

16. 16 Moto Corsa Dec 27th, 2007 at 7:41 pm

this bike is a mind blower

wonder how it would look with a Suger Bear front end

17. 17 Ron Aug 13th, 2009 at 9:20 pm

Always liked this bike, nice to see the old ‘swayback’ frames and interesting use of new technologies, such as the rear drum (I think they retail at about $2500) and repro nuck coupled with the swapmeet items. I guess my only gripe is that, with a shop full of stuff and people to do the final assembly its not difficult to see why JJ can turn an idea into a bike in a matter of days. But I will temper that with the fact that he has worked hard, definitely has some skill, good luck and awesome bike.

18. 18 Birrel Nordstrum Apr 8th, 2010 at 9:52 am

Well, I like the bike as you have painted and with the swoopy lines, but I cannot get the way it just look like an old vagina ? Or is it joost me ? Should it be more a line ?