All Woman Bike Build In Chicago February 8/10

More women are riding (+ 36% in 5 years). More women are building bikes. More events feature women riding and building bikes. To help promote motorcycle safety and rider education among women riders, Allstate will sponsor Gina Woods’ XX Chrome  ‘All Woman Bike Build’ at the 27th Annual Cycle World International Motorcycle Show, Feb. 8/10. In Chicago. ‘It’s not about taking the backseat anymore, it’s about taking the reins and heading down the Open Road , said Woods, a motorcycle talk show host of Open Road Radio (airs – Sunday 11a-12p on 9 FM: 92.5, 92.7 & 99.9 ) and creator of the XX Chromes ‘All Woman Bike Build”. A team of 4 women bike builders will roll into Chicago and descend upon the convention center for 3 days of wrist-wrenching, knuckle-busting bike-building in front of a live audience. This event will benefit Mooseheart Child City & School. The “Moose Bike” will go on a raffle tour across the country, with a stop at the International Moose Convention in Las Vegas this June. The builders are: Laura Ellifson (Klock Werks) the fastest woman on a bagger, Jasmine Clark, owner of Motorcycle Training Co and MSF instructor, Jesse Combs, Wyo Graduate and mechanic chick, Kim Jordan ex Las Vegas Harley-Davidson. At Chicago Convention Center, Feb. 8/10. Info at:, or or call 630.833.9889

7 Responses to “All Woman Bike Build In Chicago February 8/10”

1. 1 Rodent Jan 30th, 2008 at 10:09 am

So what? women built airplanes durring WW2

2. 2 Tim Hanlon Jan 30th, 2008 at 11:19 am

You gotta love Rodents way with words. Perhaps more involvement from women will help this industry. Get it on ladies!

3. 3 madpuppy Jan 30th, 2008 at 11:27 am

I think somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed today ? LOL

4. 4 Doc Robinson Jan 30th, 2008 at 3:34 pm

Great stuff! With an industry wide decline any event that will attract positive attention to motorcycling has to be a plus. Especially if it brings more women into biking/bike building. “Hey, loook at that honey, I could do that!” I don’t know the other ladies but if they’re up to speed with Laura Ellison (now Laura Klock) it should be a great show and a great bike should result. Very cool.

5. 5 Carmen Electrode Jan 30th, 2008 at 6:12 pm

Chicago. In Winter… you KNOW those women are tough!
    go grrls!

6. 6 Jamie Feb 8th, 2008 at 4:24 pm

Jasmine is also a well published author or articles on maintaining and repairing your own bike as well as her recent book entitled Women in the Wind – Feerless Women of the 20th and 21st Century. Check out her website or And yes, these women are tough – but tender and loving too!

7. 7 Robert "Bobber" Bobinsky Feb 15th, 2008 at 3:16 am

Conversations I overheard at the “Build-off”.

“Will you please hold the frame still while I paint it with these Sharpies!”….”I’m telling you the frame is upside down, Right?”….”I think the skinny rubber thingy goes up front.”……” I counted the spokes, and they’re all there.”…”Should we try another clutch cable, or just put on shorter handlebars?”….”Get your fat ass out of my way bitch!”….”Can I put the grease on the axle, please?”….”Fork-stops? the gas tank will work just fine.”….”Where the hell do you put the batteries, and are they AA’s or AAA’s?”….”Are your boobies for real?”….”Repeat after me. sprocket on the left, brake on the right.”…”Is this a Sporty?”…..”I’m left handed, can I put the twisty thing on the other side?”….”Get your skinny ass out of my face bitch!”….”Amazing how you inflated the tires without a pump!”….”Anyone out there know how to wire this thing?”….If that’s the peanut tank, where do you put the gas?”….”I think we’ll need three more girls to lift the motor in.”…..”Lights? anyone out there know how to wire this thing?”….”You paid how much for your boobies?”….”I know you’d rather ride without a seat, but it just wouldn’t look finished.”….”Yea, fingernail polish pinstriping is the bomb!”…..”Now is that the kick-starter, or is it the passengers brake?”…..”Once again, is it righty-tighty, lefty-loosey?”……..”Say, are you Bi?”….and lastly…”Loctite? what the hell is Loctite!”……………