The New Indian Motorcycle Team

After my visit to their factory I wrote a lot about the new Indian Motorcycle and the expected return of the Chief, if possible, during the next Sturgis Rally. Remember that they will postpone if all the facets of the relaunch are not perfectly in place. Here is a family picture of the team that I met in Kings Point, NC, all working hard at returning Indian Motorcycle to its rightful position as a premier motorcycle brand. Indian Motorcycle.

7 Responses to “The New Indian Motorcycle Team”

1. 1 Johanna Bradley Apr 22nd, 2008 at 10:10 am

I am excited to see the Indian getting the attention it deserves again. While I was growing up out in the country (never had seen a motorcycle) my Dad told me about the Indian motorcycle he had when he was young. It seemed to be one more wonderful thing in the name of ‘progress’ that had become extinct. Thank you. My Dad would be pleased, and the 2009 Indian Chief is a beautiful but powerful looking bike.

2. 2 Rodent Apr 22nd, 2008 at 6:33 pm

Bachman failed, CMC, failed and 3 strikes and your out……Indian is dead…died in 1953 RIP

3. 3 Dr. Mark Apr 24th, 2008 at 10:44 am

Rodent, it’s Wayne Baughman, not “Bachman”.
    Also, I’m curious, you mentioned in another anti-Indian post that you had a friend who owned several land speed records on a ‘real’ Indian. Who would that be? What classes? What year?

And, as all true tribe members know, Indian did NOT die in 1953.

Legends never die.

4. 4 Wheelee Apr 24th, 2008 at 10:55 am

Dr. if you read this website every day you already know that Rodent is mr. pissed off by everything and everybody on this planet. Only negative stuff.

5. 5 Scot Apr 24th, 2008 at 2:24 pm

In my humble opinion I must agree in our hearts is where the legend Indian is stored! History may cause the brand to change ownership but inside we all have the true value of it’s being.

6. 6 Dave Apr 29th, 2008 at 1:50 pm

Indian today – as many still surviving bike manufacturers – are evolving compositions of history and new. You can apply that standard to any bike mfg.

I like the business sense they are practicing of not dropping your pants for the public exam until you are ready. I am hopefulo that they produce – it would be a lot of fun to have them back, healthy and eventually pursuing innovation.

When they come out – expected this year – I expect to see a tight version of the Gilroy model that was so stylish – but sadly unreliable. If they fix the unreliable part – it is a good platform for things to come. Good luck Indian.

7. 7 WAYNE A. BAUGHMAN Nov 2nd, 2008 at 10:07 am

YES! I AM STILL AT THE SAME ADDRESS FOR THE PAST 21 YEARS. THE IMMI PROJECT HAS REPAID “ALL” OF ITS INVESTORS 100% OF THEIR INVESTMENT $$ IN THE “CENTURY V-TWIN” PROTOTYPES. THE PRINTED MEDIA REPORTING OF THIS PROJECT HAS NEVER BEEN CORRECT WITH REGARD TO THE FACTS-OF-THE-MATTER.
    IT WILL BE VERY INTERESTING TO SEE IF THE CURRENT “INVESTMENT BANKER” GROUP IE: STILLICAN OF ENGLAND; THE OWNERS OF “CHRIS-CRAFT BOATS” FOR SOME TIME NOW YET!, DOES NOT HAVE A USA DEALER. WONDER WHY?? CAN PRODUCE A VIALBLE INDIAN MOTORCYCLE. THEY HAVE YET TO VISIT WITH ME. WONDER WHY?? WHEN WOULD YOU GUESS THIS GROUP WILL PRESENT THIER “IPO” FUNDING PROPOSAL?

Barnett