Official. Indian Motorcycle In Sturgis With New 2009 Chief.

The Indian Motorcycle semi truck paint is drying and the crew is ready to head to Sturgis to officially present  present the brand new 2009 Chief line. Indian will be setup during all the rally at the corner of Lazelle Street and 4th in downtown Sturgis. During this time the factory is gearing up for production is completing its flagship Charlotte Dealership (front entry shaped life Chief front fender complete with the illuminated war bonnet) scheduled to open in Fall. Bike reservations can be made online, of course in Sturgis during Bike Week and very soon through the new following dealers: Charlotte NC, Detroit MI. Atlanta GA, Chicago IL, Denver CO, Omaha NE, Paducah KY, Minneapolis MN, Los Angeles CA and Tampa FL. Indian Motorcycle.

Barnett Harley-Davidson

31 Responses to “Official. Indian Motorcycle In Sturgis With New 2009 Chief.”

1. 1 Brandon Jun 26th, 2008 at 1:14 pm

Sounds good.

2. 2 Chris Gent Jun 26th, 2008 at 1:16 pm

The Semi looks cool. Can’t wait to see the bikes. Cyril, do you know if demo rides will be available?

3. 3 Gar Jun 26th, 2008 at 2:06 pm

Great, Indian is back. Same ugly ass dated bikes, but whoopee Indian is back.

4. 4 Kephas Jun 27th, 2008 at 8:21 am

AHHHHHH. Music to my ears. These guys are doing it right. A great brand always proves itself through hard times. I like what I see so far.

5. 5 rodent Jun 27th, 2008 at 9:32 am

The ghoast of Wayne Bachman and Gilroy return to haunt Sturgis…Springfield lives!

6. 6 Adam Dermott Jun 27th, 2008 at 9:59 am

Rodent still sarcastic and not knowing how to spell “GHOST”. Indian is back, and it’s all good.

7. 7 burnout Jun 27th, 2008 at 10:11 am

I like rodent’s spelling of words! peace

8. 8 rodent killer Jun 29th, 2008 at 8:33 am

Oh yea, very professional. He should write for George Bush.

9. 9 geno Jun 30th, 2008 at 2:33 pm

did you read the 6 page Indian press release in Cycle World?

10. 10 David Jun 30th, 2008 at 2:41 pm

Just what we need, another overpriced ‘cruiser’ trying to cash in on American nostalgia.

Such good timing with today’s economy.

I give them three years, tops.

11. 11 Conrad Nicklus Jun 30th, 2008 at 3:50 pm

Sorry but you cant sell an ugly motorcycle…..As we have seen a few times in the past we will see again in the near future. Indian will not make it for the 3rd or 4th time around. Sorry

12. 12 Indian Will Fail Again Jun 30th, 2008 at 9:21 pm

Although many motorcycle fans feel that Indian will fail again, I will list the obvious reasons:
    1. Rumors about the new engine having problems. Launch dates for the product have gone from 2006, 2007, 2008 and now 2009. One can only wonder why.
    2. The Economy Stupid. Harley is hurting big time. Victory is hanging on (barely). Why would someone rush to spend $30-$35k for an Indian Chief?
    3. Lack of a national dealer network. Indian is asking for a $1 million dollar plus investment to be a dealer. Whatever the Indian management is smoking, please send some to me.
    4. For the amount listed in numer 2, ($30-35k) you don’t even get a well equipped Indian, you have to add more $$ for the original fender look etc.
    5. Chris Craft, the boating entity of managements entity is hurting due to slow sales. That means less dollars available to advertise the Indian product etc.
    List your reasons for failure or success.

13. 13 rodent Jun 30th, 2008 at 9:28 pm

Maybe I can’t spell worth a siht but you all understand what I rite

14. 14 Brad Bradley Jun 30th, 2008 at 10:18 pm

To “Indian will fail”"

1- You state that your first point is based on rumors. So, it’s worth zero. Maybe you are the one who is trying to launch a rumor! Maybe it’s the reason you don’t sign with your name. Are you a competitor? For sure, they didn’t postpone because of engine problems. Read the articles written by Cyril after he spent time with them. I think he knows better than you.
    2- People who have money and want one will get one. The economy is not a person. People with good money still have good money, even more than before. The objective is to sell 700 bikes the 1st year. to be profitable. It seems very, very conservative, even in this economy.
    3- They have dealers in A markets. Re-check your info.
    4- False. Check again.
    5- Chris Craft sales. How do you know their numbers? Chris Craft & Indian are 2 different entities. belonging to the same company. What make you think Indian wants to use the money from Chris Craft?!? It would be bad management. You don’t know their financial backup
    6- In addition, PR is free and they begin to get a lot. .

I don’t know for sure (nobody does) if Indian will be a success , but, first tell us who you are, don’t base ypur opinion on rumors, and check your facts. Or don’t comment.

15. 15 Brad Bradley Jun 30th, 2008 at 10:50 pm

By the way, Mr Rumor.

If you begin your sentence by “although many motorcycle fans feel that Indian will fail again”, the second part “I will list the obvious reasons” makes no sense.

If you begin by “although” your sentence is a contradiction. Obvious.

16. 16 ESL Jul 2nd, 2008 at 1:48 pm

Okay, now we’re nitpicking spelling and grammar? We all no bikers kant spel fur sheet n e way…But they can spend their hard earned dollars on what they like….let’s see if KM can give them what they want…. As far as Kiwi’s X-Wedge…starting price is $48K, steep maybe…but a hand built “almost” one off cruiser? Gets my checkbook itching.

17. 17 homer Jul 3rd, 2008 at 7:49 am

seems like old faces, new names, no insight…
    I’ve seen, heard, talked to…
    the chief is the flagship…
    eventually, this company will be more inclusive of all riders than any to date
    HD has been selling “ugly bikes” for years (sorry Chris)
    I think..I hope…I BELIEVE….

18. 18 homer Jul 3rd, 2008 at 7:50 am

note Cyril said “official”….the “unofficial” unveiling was in May at Indian Point..how appropriate…

19. 19 Pop Jul 3rd, 2008 at 9:00 am

I don’t call the Kiwi Wedge ride a cruiser. Anyway, 48 won’t get ya what you see in the pictures, 58 will.

Stupid money for anything two wheeled that doesn’t come with some incredible history attached to it.

But, stupid money abounds and that bike, and the KM bikes and many other bikes that are price pumped to sell a bill of goods to the willing will sell.

It’s good too. First, it floats all boats. If you can sell a new Indian for 35 then my 5 year old Indian gets a bump in resale. Second, if you can sell a custom quasi Indian for 60, somebody can build a similar one and sell it for half that and feed his family too. Third, everybody spends 60k on a ride is one less 60k competing on the used market. I could hustle up 7 or 8 beaters and doctor them up to turn them around and pocket some nice change for 60. With the market the way it is and everybody crying poverty, dirty deeds done dirt cheap is easy money.

Let these guys go all Neiman Marcus with their machines. That leaves us Dollar Store guys plenty more choices.

20. 20 Conrad Nicklus Jul 3rd, 2008 at 1:00 pm

let me reiterate my previous statement….YOU CANT SELL AN UGLY MOTORCYCLE,,,,,YOU CAN ONLY SELL A NAME..

Going back to class now!

21. 21 Gar Jul 3rd, 2008 at 5:27 pm

If the Indian Motorcycle looked as good as the truck they might have something! But alas I fear I have to agree with Conrad!

22. 22 RoadSter Jul 7th, 2008 at 1:04 pm

How about those guys start building bikes and actually sell those direct or through dealers before they start spending money they don’t have on a half a million dollar rig, …
    The bilke looks okay… they just have to convince the public to spend over $30,000. Wait and see.

23. 23 People who claim facts with no info suck Jul 13th, 2008 at 4:42 pm

Just to address # 2 from the guy who thinks indian is bound to fail again.

H-D is NOT hurting. Why would they buy the Cagiva Group which also owns MV Agusta for 109 million plus another 70 million in back debt if they were “hurting” so bad?

Do your research. If you are providing information as fact with no factual info to back up your statements then they are nothing more then rumors.

Milwaukee, Wis., July 11, 2008 — Harley-Davidson, Inc. (NYSE: HOG) today announced the signing of a definitive agreement to purchase the Italian motorcycle maker MV Agusta Group (MVAG). Under the agreement, Harley-Davidson will acquire 100 percent of MV Agusta Group shares for total consideration of approximately 70 million euros ($109 million), which includes the satisfaction of existing bank debt for approximately 45 million euros ($70 million). In addition, the agreement provides for a contingent payment to Claudio Castiglioni in 2016, if certain financial targets are met.

24. 24 Keith Jul 19th, 2008 at 1:34 pm

Hurting is a relative term…sales are indeed down…Harley is diversifying and buying market share…It’s the smart thing to do when sales are down…I am a huge Indian fan and I’m rooting for them…I love the new bike, and I wish I had the money…I’d buy me a Chief pronto…either way, I’m thrilled they are back…another American motorcycel…hell, THE American Motorcycle is back and looking fine. No question, many people like Conrad won’t get it, and that’s very cool…Harley needs some fan base, but for those of us that do get it…its a GROOOVY thing.
    Long LIVE INDAN MOTORCYCLE…AMERICA’s FIRST MOTORCYCLE…born in 1901… first cloned in 1903.

25. 25 Conrad Nicklus Jul 29th, 2008 at 2:12 am

Hey Mr people who claim blah blah blah…Look at Harleys quarterly report and last years facts……35% is A LOT in the over schemeof things with money….They are doing this as a hopeful saving grace to bring some extra cash to the field of HD….I hope it works for them for everytime a bike company (of larger stature) fails it makes the cost of parts go up and the trust go down. That sucks for everyone not just the builder. I hope Indian makes it this time as well but I wont hold my hand up in hope of it staying here.

26. 26 Lonnie Aug 5th, 2008 at 8:12 pm

Who said HD is doing good? Victory on the market is gainning daily.HD is losing. And as far as Indian, we will have to see.

27. 27 Cesar H3 San Diego Aug 18th, 2008 at 1:42 am

Just to let all of you know I am a Proud owner of a n 02 Indian Chief. I was excited to get to Sturgis this year for all the more reason to see and feel the new bikes, and Oh let me tell you I am buying a new one as well. I know that these bikes are built even better and I also know that they are more monies but oh well does’nt every thing good come with a price even our women! The fact of the mater is that some people are afraid of change and or are followers. For those that can afford it 35k big deal its only money. I encourage you and challenge you to ride a Chief and then tell us its not worth it. Every person 5-11 and over that I have allowed to sit and or ride my bike falls in love. Its a big caddilac, classy and stylish Step up and dont be shy. Or just admit you cant afford it!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. 28 tdhrv Aug 22nd, 2008 at 3:45 pm

HD’s are like A__holes, Everyone’s Got one. Dare to be differant. Proud owner of 01 Chief.

29. 29 Mr. Lowrey Jul 2nd, 2009 at 2:04 pm

Any one care to guess what an ’04′ Spirit/ Scout G build test bike is worth???

30. 30 John White Aug 24th, 2009 at 10:13 pm

I own a 2009 and have put more miles on it than anyone else. I noticed that none of the posts are from folks that own one or have ridden one any distance.

With regards to the trashing of the Gilroy bikes I say bull shit. The new bikes are Gilroy. Gilroy invented the looks. Side by side the 2003 Chief sports the same frame, the same geometry, the same basic looks and in many ways the Gilroy is better. In many ways the KM is better. The six speed is nice but anyone can put a baker in a bike. We Gilroy owners have done that. The tucked in air cleaner is nice………good work. The front brakes are super.

Gilroy did a lot of things right. They were in business from 1999 to 2003 so we all got a good look at the good and the bad. The lights have not been on long enough yet for anyone to say those new bikes are better than a Gilroy. Gilroy was a monster in comparison.

Speaking from experience I say the Gilroy Vintage Chief is by far the best looking bike, even over the new KM bikes. The new bikes look great too. But they have issues too. No first year bike is perfect. I wish Indian all the luck they can get. Just stop trashing Gilroy and saying you had to start from scratch because that is just not true. Not when you sport the same engine castings, same head castings, same frame design, same oil tank, same swing arm, same rake, same seat mounts……………Give Gilroy Some Credit Please!

Yea, Yea, Yea, we all got stories about Gilroy’s issues. They still sell for more than a Harley.

Long Live Gilroy Indian Motorcycles

31. 31 Shifter Aug 24th, 2009 at 10:43 pm

Above another self-interest “commercial” from John White whose company is seriously threatened by the new Indian company. John White is pathetic…

Indian Motorcycle