Custom Frame. You Think It. Rolling Thunder Makes It Right.

Like me you have seen (hope not experienced) too many beautiful bad/dangerous custom motorcycle frames. Too often, very good ideas turn into disasters because frame integrity is sacrificed for creativity. You don’t improvise yourself motorcycle frame manufacturer. Bring your ideas, but let the pros produce them. A few years ago, when frame expert Rolling Thunder Frames saw volume production demands decrease, its managers recognized the importance of adapting their manufacturing to offer an expanded choice of frame styles above and beyond the usual. Today Rolling Thunder has probably the largest line of true custom frames in numerous styles and configurations, and is one of the few experts accepting to work with you, your drawings and sketches to create your perfect custom frame. Rolling Thunder will propose 3D drawings, email you CAD files so that you can see your frame the exact way it will be produced, not only unique and beautiful, but guaranteed for structural integrity.
As illustrated in these pictures the customer vision was to combine ‘board tracker style’ with modern day technology.  He wanted the frame to incorporate a 4 quart oil tank and Rolling Thunder did it by boxing in the neck area and passing the oil lines down the front loop and coming out just below the motor cases.  The reverse radius seat side rails allows for a minimal seat area and showcases the spring seat design.  In addition he also wanted his axle plates centered with the neck for a totally symmetrical look. Got ideas for a new custom frame? Call Spencer or Sammy on my behalf at (450) 699 7045 or visit first Rolling Thunder Manufacturing.

16 Responses to “Custom Frame. You Think It. Rolling Thunder Makes It Right.”

1. 1 Brad Aug 22nd, 2008 at 11:56 am

God looking frame and oil lines setup.

2. 2 bertrand Aug 22nd, 2008 at 12:29 pm

THEY ARE THE BEST ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

3. 3 Sean Holler Aug 22nd, 2008 at 12:42 pm

Always heard good things about these guys. My next custom frame will be with them because yes, I made mistakes trying to weld one myself. Not too bad, but not too good. And it costed me a bunch correcting it several times (rear tubes warping).

4. 4 Pat brook Aug 22nd, 2008 at 3:28 pm

How much oil is circulating in the frame?

5. 5 Conrad Nicklus Aug 22nd, 2008 at 4:02 pm

Not to be a negative nancy but isnt this the same Rolling Thunder that Big Dog had to recall a whole pack of frames costing a lot of money because RT screwed up ? I dont remember exactly what happened but I think it was the swingarm welds or design?????

Im not dogging on this but I am just asking. I think the guy who owns Rolling Thunder is Spencer right?

6. 6 Ben Dalbry Aug 22nd, 2008 at 4:11 pm

Conrad. Who is manufacturing the frames that your father Jeff use(d) at Desperado Motorcycles and now?

7. 7 Jeff Nicklus Aug 22nd, 2008 at 4:16 pm

We build most of our frames ourself or we have Maximum Mteal Works in Canada build a few. Why?

8. 8 Jeff Nicklus Aug 22nd, 2008 at 4:20 pm

Never used a Rolling Thunder Frame …. ever.

9. 9 Alan Aug 22nd, 2008 at 4:51 pm

I heard only good things about these guys – whats the skinny on the recall?

10. 10 Gar Aug 22nd, 2008 at 5:01 pm

A few years ago Big Dog had a pack of Rolling Thunder Frames break. I don’t remember the total number but Big Dog had to recall the bikes and change the frames. Notice Big Dog builds their own frames now.

11. 11 Jeff Niclus Aug 22nd, 2008 at 6:02 pm

A heads up: There is no reason I have not used a Rolling Thunder Frame other than I have never had the call to use one.

12. 12 Justin Aug 22nd, 2008 at 7:14 pm

I really like this frame and it made me think of what I would build using it.

13. 13 Russ Austin Aug 25th, 2008 at 5:38 pm

About 3 years ago I contracted with Rolling Thunder to build my Spoon-Style frames. I have bought several frames from them. They are hands down the very best manufacture out there. Everything has been perfect. The frames are straight, welds clean, and the bike just fall together. As far as customer service, Sam is the best! I could sit here all day and tell you the things he has done for me and my customers. Customer service is critial to every company. They go beyond their frames. Bottom line, you’ll never see one of my bikes without a Rolling Thunder frame. Ever!!!

14. 14 AnARchY MoCo Aug 25th, 2008 at 11:11 pm

I’m sure the past problems were taken care of correctly. I don’t recall any lawsuits. Anyway, they have a quality product now and that’s what counts.

15. 15 Andrew Sep 8th, 2008 at 7:47 am

Thats my frame it’s on its way to ohio i will keep you up dated on build

16. 16 Andrew Sep 12th, 2008 at 7:08 pm

Just go frame WOW !! so sweet Waiting for forks and then it will be a roller stay tuned