Harley-Davidson Edition Fender Stratocaster Guitar.

You will need to love Harley, love playing guitar, be rich or one at least one of the above to be able to acquire this special edition guitar. To commemorate the 105th birthday of Harley, Fender has built this guitar using nickel, chrome and lots of black with socket head Allen screws of the same type that Harley-Davidson uses on its motorcycles. There are only 3 being made and the bidding starts from $7,500 and can reach?

11 Responses to “Harley-Davidson Edition Fender Stratocaster Guitar.”

1. 1 Nicker Sep 1st, 2008 at 1:45 am

HD and Fender….. What’s the connection?
    Sort-a like HD & Ford F-100

“…To commemorate the 105th birthday of Harley, Fender has built this guitar…”

Sounds about as “collectible” as coins from the “Franklin Mint.”

“…the bidding starts from $7,500…”

Sorry, not out-a my wallet.

I’d prefer a vintage Stratocaster.

2. 2 Fausto Simoes Sep 1st, 2008 at 7:54 am

Hey if you tune it to D-tuning and run it through an effects generator you might be able to make it sound just like a Harley!

I bet it doesn’t “sound” or “sing” like a $7500.00 guitar. The vintage purchase-as suggested by nicker-would be a far better choice.

3. 3 rodent Sep 1st, 2008 at 8:13 am

Niker’s right

4. 4 madpuppy Sep 1st, 2008 at 8:21 am

Nicker : LOL you sob, I laughed so hard I almost had coffee coming out my nose – Sounds about as “collectible” as coins from the “Franklin Mint.”- And I agree with you and Fausto on the
    vintage Stratocaster.

5. 5 Mike (Kiwi) Tomas Sep 1st, 2008 at 11:42 am

I’m hoping both companies will consider donating a good portion of the proceeds to charity.

6. 6 Nicker Sep 2nd, 2008 at 6:36 pm

Watch out for that coffee.
    Heard some place it makes nose hair grow…. 🙂

7. 7 Arie Sep 2nd, 2008 at 8:36 pm

Sounds like Harley just “one-upped” Indian and their $2500.00 Fender leather jacket!

8. 8 gustian Sep 3rd, 2008 at 1:58 am

Sorry Nicker,

on this one I don’t agree.

I prefere a vintage Telecaster.
    But , unless Santa gives me such a guitar,
    my (American) Telecaster and Blues Junior will do.

RE “Heard some place it makes nose hair grow….”

Is it?????? Jesus, the coffee I drink all day………………………………

GRTZ Gustian

9. 9 Nicker Sep 3rd, 2008 at 11:09 pm

Ya got me there.
    I wouldn’t know what to do with all those “in and out of phase” pickups.
    Got a 62 Guild Arch-top with one very old after-market humbucker, volume & tone knobs.

The 67 Gretsch Chet Atkins Tennessean has way too many switches & knobs.
    I got no clue about what all that stuff is supposed to do.

10. 10 gustian Sep 4th, 2008 at 4:53 pm

Hi Nicker,

as with motorcycles (and guitars), I like to keep it simple. Me also, I don’t like too many knobs and switches. Over here we say, “through the trees, you can’t see the forest any more”.

But………., if you don’t know what to do with that 67 Gretsch Chet Atkins, i’ll be more than glad if you put it into my mailbox (lol

Always a pleasure to discuss with you. See you !

Grtz Gustian

PS, to Cyril, thanks….., your blog is a real world PR!!!!
    God bless you, “que dieu te bénit”!

11. 11 james blackmon Feb 6th, 2009 at 3:15 am

man what a rip off! i made the first jesse james harley strat and submitted the idea to fender , think they stole my idea! but mine looks better and has 2 real working bikes in it, the roll inside the strat, have working head and tail lamps and a lighted harley shop! top that harley man yall take the cake! plus mines only 2000 bucks i invented it myself! not to mention it looks a million times better! no wonder they didnt want to endorse my far supperior guitar?