Monster Panhead Style Billet Engines

In the line of its competitors (Patrick Racing and R&R Cycles), HL Performance builds these state of the art engines in multiple configurations to mix beauty with speed. 113, 116, 119, 124, 125 and 131”. All motor is highly polished billet aluminum, excluding cases and intake manifold. The machine work on these Panhead style rocker boxes is gorgeous. H&L Performance in Connecticut.

7 Responses to “Monster Panhead Style Billet Engines”

1. 1 Dave B. Sep 1st, 2008 at 9:02 am

Looks very nice.

2. 2 Harry Sep 1st, 2008 at 3:44 pm

What is up with the engines and trannys that paughco are selling now? Are they made in the US or just assembled here, I was just wondering…

3. 3 Dave B. Sep 1st, 2008 at 6:50 pm

Since Paughco only indicates their line of engines and transmissions are “assembled in USA” one could presume some components are made abroad, and that would not be uncommon in the industry. While U.S.A. made valves, valvesprings, rods, rings, etc., are cheaper to acquire & generally are of higher quality than imports, parts like roller bearings, seals, o-rings, etc., are commonly imported. In some instances even cast components are foreign made. I know when I purchase components, an import and a domestic part exists for most applications… Timkin, NSK, Parker, Thomson, all offer import equivalents of their domestic part and it is up to the mechanic to choose. I go for U.S. parts whenever possible.
    I think Paughco is a good company, being candid while also being honest about their product line. I never bought an engine from them, but before I produced my own frames and front ends I used some of their stuff with no complaints.
    As for TDC, (The Driveline Company), the supplier of Paughco’s engines and transmissions, they don’t offer any information in print or on their website to clarify this matter either. But I’m sure the folks at Paughco would be glad to tell ya if you called them and asked.

4. 4 EVSWAY Sep 1st, 2008 at 8:34 pm

The Link takes me to a Performane carb company….

5. 5 Fred Proctor Sep 1st, 2008 at 11:10 pm

These guys are from my old home town. Good guys. You need to google, H AND L Performance, not HL performance.

6. 6 jspfc Sep 1st, 2008 at 11:24 pm

I think someone said it above, but the link you have for H & L in the release takes you to the wrong website.

7. 7 Cyril Huze Sep 2nd, 2008 at 8:52 am