Victory Motorcycles In Germany

During these last 2 years I didn’t stop hearing that Europe was the solution for motorcycle and parts manufacturers trying to compensate for sluggish sales in the US. I always agreed, even sharing advice with some of them. During the Intermot Tradeshow in Cologne, Germany Victory Motorcycles, a division of Polaris Industries, announced plans to make their motorcycles available in this country in the second half of 2009. Their motorcycles are currently available in selected European markets including the United Kingdom, Russia & Iceland. (Victory is also present in Australia with a flagship dealership in Melbourne). But new comers in the Old Continent are going to find out very fast that our US financial crisis just spread to all Europe and that it’s not going to be as easy as thought 1 or 2 years ago.  Some European banks and insurers already failed during the last 2 weeks, real estate prices started to go down, and the European consumer, like here, is getting very nervous. But Victory has its own marketing niche. Instead of embracing the retro style of Harley, the company emphasizes its own progressive styling in the cruiser market. And it’s a style pleasing European bikers much more than Americans.  After Germany, it seems that Victory has other plans to enter new European markets and should announce them in a couple of months. Victory Motorcycles.

8 Responses to “Victory Motorcycles In Germany”

1. 1 Jeff Nicklus Oct 10th, 2008 at 11:42 am

I have said it before and I will say it again …… HD needs to beware of these guys!

Unlike HD, Victory has the blue collar price point needed in todays enviroment, they have the manufacturing capabilities of HD, they are financially solvent and making a profit unlike HD, they have in house financing capabilities like HD, they have worldwide distribution capabilities like HD and the bike, unlike HD, is 99% Made in America. This bike could be the next America’s Motorcycle placing HD. If the Motor Company continues to ignore Victory they could easily end up in a distant second or worse. Remember when it happens I told you so!

Over & Out,

2. 2 hoyt Oct 10th, 2008 at 12:19 pm

Victory definitely has a great product. The engine is impressive (my experience is based on the 92 c.i., so the 106 would be intense)

The diversity of manufacturing across the Polaris company will only add to their abilities (an additional topic that distinguishes them from HD)

3. 3 Mike Merritt Oct 10th, 2008 at 2:38 pm

Victory gets it. They embrace the aftermarket and help manufacturers make parts for their bikes. We’ve been manufacturing parts for Victory for years and they are a great company to work with.

And Hoyt, let me tell you the 106 is amazing! Even the Vision will try it’s hardest to slide you off the back.

4. 4 burnout Oct 10th, 2008 at 6:59 pm

Lots and lots of power these Victory bikes have BUT I just don’t like the way they handle, or don’t handle…………….. Lot of bike for the price though. peace

5. 5 keith Oct 11th, 2008 at 7:13 pm

Gotta admit, I kinda like the Vision as a touring bike….it’s funky and original, and pretty comfy…bag space is weak, though, and fit and finish needs some polish, but overall, good price, good machine.

6. 6 Tom Oct 12th, 2008 at 7:16 am

I switched over to Victory back in March 2006. It was one of the best moves I ever made. I would like to see them expand and survive as much as possible.

7. 7 Ben Oct 13th, 2008 at 10:36 am

Victory bikes are quite amazing and they ride so well. If more H-D riders got a chance to test one they would defect to Victory. They are quick and more nimble than some H-D models and look really nice too. More power stock than a H-D and fewer things need to be done to them to make them look nice too.

H-D better keep an eye on the boys from Minnesota.

8. 8 AZ Mike Jul 17th, 2009 at 2:45 am

Ive been riding for almost 30 years from my first Honda 125 to my AIH Texas chopper and every rice rocket made by the big japanese four. As cruisers go Ive recently switched from big brother HD to the other American motorcycle Victory and Ill never go back to Harley. Talk about a cruiser that says abuse me, beat me and have fun, with no worries of breaking down or lacking in power. My Harley buddies would let their curiosity get the best of them and take my Kingpin for a scoot only to return with a smile and positive comments about the better power and handling. Throw some pipes and a power commander and you have what is a Distinctive Victory sound unlike HD and more like a Stock car idleing waiting for the checkered flag to drop. Only down side is the lack of aftermarket parts compared to other metrics and HD. All in all Ill take my victory beater any day..Best of all …..American made!