Grand Opening Of Indian Motorcycle Of Kentucky

Indian has made clear its intention to have 50 dealerships in the US within the next 3 years, a dozen of which have already been announced. The first one to open up since the flagship store in Lowell, North Carolina, was Mike Smith Indian Motorcycle Dealership of Paducah, KY.  “The initial excitement here has been overwhelming,” says Mike Smith, CEO  of the Kentucky Dealership.  “We had well over 600 people walk through our doors during our grand opening, and in this retail environment, I’d say that’s extremely significant.”  According to Smith, visitors came from all over – Arkansas, West Virginia, Indiana, and even one enthusiastic Indian fan who traveled all the way from Switzerland to see the new bikes firsthand”. Other dealerships are scheduled to open in the next weeks. Mike Smith Indian.

15 Responses to “Grand Opening Of Indian Motorcycle Of Kentucky”

1. 1 Keith Dec 29th, 2008 at 1:16 pm

Friggin SWEET!
    Welcome back, Indian Motorcycle…The bikes are incredible!

2. 2 Lyle Dec 29th, 2008 at 2:53 pm

And they sell Vespa stuff too. Italy’s first scooter!

3. 3 jeff & Robbie Dec 29th, 2008 at 3:23 pm

Here we go again….!

4. 4 Biker Bob Dec 29th, 2008 at 8:30 pm

Good luck Mike, I really hope it all works out.

5. 5 Dave B. Dec 30th, 2008 at 12:17 am

I’m glad to see Indian back on the road, especially in my home state of Kentucky. I wish you much success!

6. 6 Rick Dec 30th, 2008 at 1:02 am

Happy to see KM Indian and their dealers are doing it right, and will shut up some of the naysayers,I wish it was a little closer to Alberta Canada so I could be part of Indian history.

7. 7 Brock Dec 30th, 2008 at 9:58 am

Indian please come to Houston,TX.

8. 8 rodent Dec 30th, 2008 at 10:49 am

The Vespa is the best part of the stand alone ? Indian dealership.

9. 9 jatinder pal Dec 31st, 2008 at 7:02 am

With vespa on their side, Indian is helping themselves to get some customers.rodent is right as we want see some more fresh designs not just copycats.

10. 10 Lyle Dec 31st, 2008 at 2:31 pm

Yeah, you can buy a Toyota and Mitsubishi from them too. Probably anything with skirted fenders…..

11. 11 Big D Jan 2nd, 2009 at 1:35 pm

talk about desperate!!!! Here all this time we have been blasted by Indian on their so called “legacy” and the “iconic’ BS jargon and they pull this sh..t !

Vespa??!!!! scooters??!!!! GIMME A BREAK!!!

But on second thought, maybe it’s a good business decision after all. Considering that they sell a 20K bike for 40K and nobody is buying them………… can always buy one of the Vespa scooters instead ! And you can always load yourself up with one of the Indian T-shirts and jacket when you ride your scooter out the door to your nearest Starbucks!!

Way to go Indian….keep up the good work!!

12. 12 John Jan 2nd, 2009 at 1:57 pm

Big D. What’s wrong with selling Vespas? Even Arlen Ness sell them. How do you know the Indians don’t sell? You don’t know because you are not an insider. You just make statements without knowing…just looking like an idiot.

13. 13 Big D Jan 2nd, 2009 at 5:32 pm

Calling me an idiot makes you look like an as..ole.

You see, this blog is a public place where people get to express their opinions. Without sensorship!! That’s why Mr. Huze has been very successful with his blog, he let’s us speak our minds on how we feel about things.

As for me being an insider I am not. Nor do I care to be.

I have looked at the bikes in person and have had the opportunity to listen to the Indian Propaganda Machine. And you know what my thoughts are from my previous post.

That’s all I have to say.

BTW. Next time you call somebody an idiot, make sure that you look in the mirror twice.

1. 1 Grand Opening Of Indian Motorcycle Of Kentucky at Cyril Huze Blog | Pingback on Dec 29th, 2008 at 3:15 pm
  2. 2 HONDA RACE BIKE Pingback on Dec 30th, 2008 at 7:59 am