V-Twin Expo. Show Time.

Good surprise this morning for the V-Twin Expo grand opening. Unusual warm emperature for Ohio in winter. The last displays, bikes & parts were unloaded whithout risking to slip on ice. Nothing more depressing than to see 1 year of labor destroyed in 1 minute, and I have seen it before.  Motorcycle dealers from all over the world were lining up 1/2 hour before show time and the show floor was dense with vendors from as far away as Japan. Everyting looking very good.

After a few miles of walking and stopping, of listening and talking, of hugging and congratulating for new bikes & parts, I ended up with all the participants in the uper floor of the convention center for the traditional Food/Drinks/V-twin Awards given by Easyrider Magazine to the most innovative products and bikes of the year. Too tired now to list all the recipients (promise I wil do it later), but special congratulations to friend Michael Lichter for his Lifetime Achievement for 30 years of exceptional photography to the benefit of all in our industry.  Business being also conducted after-hours (I am serious), I have to leave you unti tomorrow morning.

9 Responses to “V-Twin Expo. Show Time.”

1. 1 burnout Feb 7th, 2009 at 9:47 pm

CONGRATS to Mr Lichter! craziest Photographer I have ever seen! peace

2. 2 Ben Feb 8th, 2009 at 8:15 am

Cyril, you forgot to mention that Mike Lichter received not a plaque, not a trophy, but a custom bike built by Sucker Punch Sallys. That’s the one he’s sitting on,

It could not have happened to a nicer person.

3. 3 Vic Feb 8th, 2009 at 7:31 pm

aw c’mon, don’t leave us hanging : ) Who won what???

4. 4 rodent Feb 9th, 2009 at 10:01 pm

Instead of giving Mike a Gold Presidental Terrsi gave him a bike for long service to Pisano..nice!

5. 5 Vic Feb 10th, 2009 at 10:38 pm

So, who won what? Couldn’t make the show this year and can’t find a link to this year’s wnners 🙁

6. 6 Michael Lichter Feb 10th, 2009 at 11:39 pm

I was set up, “Sucker Punched” and truly honored Saturday night by the people I have worked so closely with all these years. How no one spilled the beans I can’t figure out. I’ll never forget this evening and want to thank everyone, especially the people that built, contributed to, and were part of the surprise with the amazing “30-Years In the Wind” chopper – Christian and his team at Sucker Punch Sallys, Dave Perewitz for “The Look” flame paint job, Ken Conte at Rise Above Consulting, Duane Ballard with the personalized hand tooled seat, DNA for the Springer front end, Holger Mohr and his Custom Chrome team for 88″ Rev Tec Pan Head, Bert and Lisa Baker for the 6-Speed Transmission, Gard Hollinger for the controls, and Dave Nichols with my wife Catherine for getting me there in a cloud. Don’t think I’ll just sit back and cruise now that I got this bike – I’m just entering my prime with years of shooting left in me.

7. 7 Brenda Fox Feb 11th, 2009 at 12:08 pm

Congratulations Michael – you deserve it.

8. 8 JP Feb 21st, 2009 at 10:39 am

you are the bomb bro! congratulations & ride on for at least another 30!!!

9. 9 Blue Feb 26th, 2009 at 7:15 am

As Ben says, it really couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy. You’re one of the good guys in this industry, Michael.