Torpedo Gas Tank By Kustomwerks

kustomwerks1I always loved skinny and narrow gas tanks. A lot of my bikes are equipped with one-offs which we fabricated at the shop because it was impossible to find one pleasing my taste. Until 1 hour ago when I stumbled on this Torpedo steel gas tank showing its lines for the 1st time on the V-Twin Expo display of catalog distributor Kustomwerks (booth 565). This is a solid mounted tank to keep the price down. It features a ridge line that runs from front to back, giving it some old school flair. The petcock hole is exposed on the left side to let everybody see the plumbing. Petcock hole is threaded for a 3/8″ petcock, but you can use a reducer to size it down to use the small 1/4″ petcocks. There are 2 different gas cap bung styles available. And for those who want a visual reference, I mention that this photo shows the Torpedo gas tank on a frame with 4″ extension in the front tubes, and 2″ Backbone extension. You can order online at Kustomwerks (parts of American & Metric bikes).

6 Responses to “Torpedo Gas Tank By Kustomwerks”

1. 1 rodent Feb 8th, 2009 at 7:54 pm

Nice tank for a bike that ain’t going to be ridden, but trucked around

2. 2 Lucas Feb 9th, 2009 at 10:13 am

Rodent. Your remark is dumb. It’s not the as tank making a bike being run or not. It’s a beautiful piece. Every biker can choose the capacity of his gas tank, is free to fill up with gas as often as he decides.

3. 3 Bobzilla Feb 9th, 2009 at 10:14 am

Love it!

4. 4 Biker Bob Feb 9th, 2009 at 3:06 pm

I like it, reminds me of the sixties.

5. 5 MIKEOUT Feb 9th, 2009 at 7:39 pm

Looks like a Mustang tank. But Kustomwerks is made in China. Do you think they will pay Kendal to put his name on it?

6. 6 Don Feb 10th, 2009 at 6:42 pm

I’m not sure what you, MIKEOUT, were implying about the China comment, but if you’ve seen or used the Kustomwerk’s fenders or tanks you’d know that you can’t buy a better quality part at any price regardless of where it’s made. We do have a royalty agreement with Kendall on his fenders on the ones he has designed, but this tank is not one of the Kendall Johnson designs.